Friday Aug 9th weigh-in/challenge

Options
aNewMiniMe
aNewMiniMe Posts: 116 Member
Greetings all. So how did you do this week with your personal challenge? I know that each of us set our own goal and reward so I think it would be great to share what your goal was, if you met it, and your reward. If you did not reach your goal yet no worries. Keep going until you do then reward yourself.

Your challenge this week, should you choose to except it, is a physical one. Try a new activity. Something you have never done or at least haven't done in years. Maybe you haven't been on a bike for years, go for a ride. Maybe you've always wanted to try a water aerobic class, do it. Go to the library and check out a new DVD and do it. You get the idea. One day, One new physical activity. Or go for broke and do a different activity each day for the week. Share your new activity here and if you would do it again or not.

Replies

• onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I was down two lbs from last week, which, frankly, was amazing. I have nearly doubled my caloric intake and also decreased some of my swim time. I was pushing too hard.

I got my TDEE numbers, subtracted 20% and have been up to about 2300, from 1300. At first I JUMPED seven lbs, but it came right back off.

As far as trying something new, I'm going to add free weights to my calisthenics time. I'll need to remember to drop my reps to allow for the increase in weights.

I'm also adding muscle milk in, since I've had a hard time getting adequate protein without going nuts on sodium.
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I did well with my challenge. Although I did gain some weight from the family fun stuff, I got it off right away and did well.

I'll think about my new activity for the week.
  • JasminPowerRESET
    JasminPowerRESET Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sorry I wasn' there half of the week. Vacation and then a business trip straight. Lost track a little bit. Will be back from today on!
  • melissalanggin
    melissalanggin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My weight just doesn't want to get off my body. I have been killing it with workouts and eating right but my body has decided it likes this weight! In fact it likes it so much it made me gain .8 lb. Could be muscle or something normal but I just can't stand it! Hopefully my body will decide to just "let go"

I gained .8 this week. Unsure how or why. increased my cals to compinsate for my workouts and eating a lot cleaner as well.. Drank over 90oz of water each day. I don't know what it is but I hope it will fall off soon :(

This week I am going to go running in the AM at 5 and then come home and continue my combat.

Running is never something I like so adding it to my day may help my body freak out and "LET GO"
  • aNewMiniMe
    Options
    My goal this week has been to follow Drs. orders. I have to admit I haven't been 100% about the 5 mins per hour every time.:ohwell: It's difficult to stay down when your a little ADD and OCD at the same time. I rarely sit still. My first Drs. appointment the Dr was very please though and said I had been doing a great job. :smile: I am off ALL pain meds at 6 days.:drinker: This makes me happy. I detest the feeling the leave me with. Not in control and very fuzzy feeling.

As for my weight, I have no idea. This is even harder for me than sitting still. I weigh every single day and my last weigh in was last Friday. I can't stand on the scale yet. :explode: Hopefully I will be able to stand on it by next Friday without this huge boot that they have on my foot. Not weighing and no exercise for a week now scares me to death. :frown: :embarassed: :sick:
  • mlerand62
    mlerand62 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi, I lost 2 lbs this week. My challenge was to log exercise each day. My pamper was to read a good book if I did that.

I left work after everyone was back from lunch breaks yesterday. Didn't feel worth crap. I took a 3 hour nap, finished the book I started while camping a couple weekends ago and did not exercise. I really wanted to go for my swim last night. I get to go one more time next week and then they are closing for the summer. Dang.

This weeks challenge is a good one. I planned to join a gym once swimming was over. I might go over tomorrow and sign up and take the tour. Hopefully I can fit in a workout tomorrow and one day next week. They have a personal trainer I can contact if I really get into the gym thing. Hopefully I will. I use to be pretty strong. Now... not so much. My upper arm strength is terrible.

I will keep on walking 3 to 4 miles the other days. It sure helps to have a partner that I know is counting on me to be there. It's my long legged sister who talks non-stop. It's a great time. Makes exercise fun.

Have a great week.
  • janlawrence2
    janlawrence2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I stayed exactly the same this week. 215. :angry:
    BUT, I did reach my goal of tracking every day. :happy:
    Since I have been out of activities for 6 weeks now due to my knee, my activity goal this week will be to actually DO activity...I'm going to start with short daily walks at the track (which is totally new for me). I've had a walking program from a trainer since we kicked off this challenge in May and I have not done in one time. So, I'm going to get down there and see how the knee goes.

I loved the idea of going to the library and grabbing some exercise samplings. I'll keep you posted!
  • janlawrence2
    janlawrence2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You are a wonderful group leader, Mini Me!!! Great job!!
  • mlerand62
    mlerand62 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I found a 10 minute arm circuit using 3 and 5 lb weights. I went for my 3 mile walk and did this circuit. I bet I feel it later today or tomorrow for sure. I am going to try to do this each day. Who can't find 10 minutes? I found a lot of 10 minute workouts on the internet that I need to try. Add a few together and we are going to look GREAT. :smooched:
  • aNewMiniMe
    Options
    Since I can't be on my feet I tried flat on the floor with my feet on the couch and used my 5lbs. Weights :ohwell: Not a great workout but better than absolutely no workout. I must say though the hardest part of the workout was trying to get back in the chair without using my foot LOL. :laugh:
  • tolkienite
    tolkienite Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Well I'm up to 157.8lbs. It's creeping back up :( so I need to really commit to knocking it back down again.

Sorry I've not been around much lately. I started a new job a couple of weeks ago and it's taking all my time just to get my head around it. I'm starting to settle in though, so I should be good to start working other stuff back into my brain :)

I am going to try swimming this week. I went swimming on holiday and really enjoyed it but I haven't been to the local pool in years because I feel so self conscious. What I really want to try is yoga, but the local class doesn't start up until September so I'll have to wait for that.