Nutritional Supplements? Work-out Programs?

Hey everyone! I LOVE the idea of this group. I was recently part of a "Challenge Group" that was 90 days online, through Facebook. Everyone did their own work-outs and we followed a general set of eating 'clean' guidelines. We checked in everyday with each other so we all felt accountable and motivated by each other. It was a great idea! I was about to lose 9 lbs, and 10" overall during the 90 days! I'm looking to lose another 15 lbs before I reach my fitness goal (I will reassess when/if I reach that weight - mostly I just want to feel fit and healthy!).

I use some Beachbody products, Shakeology - an amazing nutritional supplement drink (can be a meal replacement or simply a before or after work-out snack). It gives me lots of energy - especially to get through the mid-afternoon lull that always happens after lunch at work! Hahah... I'm sure some of you know how I feel here! It's also great because it contains all those 'superfoods' you always hear about on tv, but that cost an absolute fortune to pay for individually!

I'm currently following the Focus T25 program from Beachbody. These work-out programs work best for me because without a schedule and someone showing me the moves, I don't know what to do on my own. Plus, I love working out in the comfort of my own home.

What are your tricks for working-out and weight-loss? Would love some tips!

Replies

• m2013p
    m2013p Posts: 2
    Hello fellow 90 Day Eating Clean Challengers,

This is my first day. There are 42 members in this group & all notes next to names say ‘last log in’- TODAY. Does that mean everyone is committed to MFP? Wow that’s motivating already.

ness12346, I bit the bullet & ordered a Vitamix juicer. It seems to accept anything I put in it. As I’m not a fruit person by habit (would go for crunch & fat or meat) for snacks, the daily-made juice seems to really work. It’s all about an instant snack decision for me & now if the container of juiced food is in the frig., then I go for it.

Shakeology, at 130 calories even with the Non-GMO fructose= 7 gm of sugar, is better than the high fruit calories my juicer turns out, I suppose. I only hope that switching from junk food calories to sugar from juicing calories will jump start better habits for me.

I do like what they throw in the protein powder mix…chia, green tea, flax, quinoa (helps to fill you up?). Will try a few in my drink next time. Found that no matter what goes in the blender, it comes out very tasty. For example, frozen grpfrt or OJ ice cubes (in AZ everyone has some citrus tree), banana, apple, kale/spinach (or left over leaf lettuce), pomegranate juice, blueberries/strawberries. Whatever is in the refrig. works.

Did you see someone else’s comment on how to improve the flavor of your shake? "1 scoop chocolate flavor, 1 c. water, 1/3 c. almond milk, 1 tbsp natural peanut butter, ice. Blend in magic bullet". She "liked the protein in it for energy”. And it seemed to do what my juicing is doing…”it took away all my unhealthy carb and sweet cravings”.

So for my tip-the cost of the $150/mo with shipping, I would suggest paying the outrageous price of a $400 refurbished Vitamix. It will be paid for in less than 3 mo & it’s blending fresh, nutritious, real food. Which is of course, part of our 90 day challenge.

But I’m new at this weight loss thing & you have accomplished 9 lbs. so whatever works, I support you.
  • HistoryGeekable
    HistoryGeekable Posts: 54 Member
    Hello and welcome to the group. My husband and I just bought a vitamix blender last month and I can honestly say that its one of the best investments we have ever made. Right now the challenge with my weight loss journey is sticking to my goals and I feel like this challenge can help push me in that direction.

I have heard quite about shakelogy and it has great reviews, is it expensive?
  • HistoryGeekable
    Hey everyone! I LOVE the idea of this group. I was recently part of a "Challenge Group" that was 90 days online, through Facebook. Everyone did their own work-outs and we followed a general set of eating 'clean' guidelines. We checked in everyday with each other so we all felt accountable and motivated by each other. It was a great idea! I was about to lose 9 lbs, and 10" overall during the 90 days! I'm looking to lose another 15 lbs before I reach my fitness goal (I will reassess when/if I reach that weight - mostly I just want to feel fit and healthy!).

I use some Beachbody products, Shakeology - an amazing nutritional supplement drink (can be a meal replacement or simply a before or after work-out snack). It gives me lots of energy - especially to get through the mid-afternoon lull that always happens after lunch at work! Hahah... I'm sure some of you know how I feel here! It's also great because it contains all those 'superfoods' you always hear about on tv, but that cost an absolute fortune to pay for individually!

I'm currently following the Focus T25 program from Beachbody. These work-out programs work best for me because without a schedule and someone showing me the moves, I don't know what to do on my own. Plus, I love working out in the comfort of my own home.

What are your tricks for working-out and weight-loss? Would love some tips!

Hello and I am so glad that you are part of this group.

I have been struggling with weight loss for the past 6 years and this is the first time where I am focusing on feeding my body with nutritious foods. I was bulimic and I still binge eat, diets don't work for me because I always end up gaining all the weight back.

I also love working out from the comfort of my own home, I just purchased the ballet beautiful total workout dvd and I have heard great things about it. I hope its good.
  • Bobbiezilla
    Bobbiezilla Posts: 157 Member
    These are the exercises I've been doing.... I do a set each day and it takes about 10-15 minutes. I'm close to doubling the sets though and throwing in some weights a couple times a week! :)
    http://backonpointe.tumblr.com/post/15968075542/a-daily-exercise-plan-do-these-exercises

I'm also newly addicted to TV workout games!
    http://www.buzzpatrol.com/geeky-workout/
    http://****yeahmovieworkouts.tumblr.com/search/Dexter

I actually feel good about watching TV when the kids go to bed and have a big glass of water handy rather than snacking on the couch.
  • Skwhiting64
    Skwhiting64 Posts: 15 Member
    Glad to see other juicers here. I had a Waring juicer that I got at Sam's several years ago. It was OK but finally bit the dust. Immediately ordered a mid-range Cuisanart and like it sooooo much better. Takes bigger chunks of produce and is much quieter.
    I'm hooked on smoothies for breakfast and am trying to switch to juice, but for some reason I crave that sweetness first thing in the a.m. Mango, banana, yogurt and almond milk is my current fave. For lunch or mid afternoon snack I do a veggie/apple juice (whatever I have in the frig). Favorite is apple, carrot (isn't it amazing how much juice comes out of a carrot), celery, kale (grow my own), cucumber, fresh ginger when I have it and maybe a tomato or pepper depending on what's growing that day. If I'm craving sweets, will do some grapes, necterines, peaches or whatever else I might have. Try to limit myself to only one banana per day.
    Last week I had an excess of watermelon and cantaloupe so juiced those and added Seltzer water. It was yummy and satisfied the fizz crave. I refuse to buy soda anymore (or anything else with Aspertame in it). I've noticed too that since really sticking with this my potato chip, cracker, cookie and popcorn cravings have all but disappered. Yaaa!
  • HistoryGeekable
    Peaches are absolutely delicious and I am going to rely on them to help control my sugar cravings throughout this challenge.
  • shanti_777
    shanti_777 Posts: 45 Member
    Multivitamin, Yoga, cycling. Occasionally push ups. Thinking it might be a good idea to try weights, but really getting my mind on board is the challenge.