hello ready for challenge!!

Options
:smile: My name is Theresa and I normally do not go on myfitnesspal.com other than logging in my food on my phone. I love to join this challenge. I currently live in Metro Atlanta GA and I been on my weight loss journey since June 2011 although I did start in January of 2011. It been a long progress but when I started I weighted in at 324 lbs and I was a size 24. Currently I weight in at 276 and size 16 !! I enjoy my fitness pal and the resources this weight site provides and the friends follow on daily basis, so I would love to be part of this challenge and learning how to eat clean. My handle on my fitness pal is smalltheresa and I also have a you tube channel theresa s. so feel free watch . It still a work in progress so be patient . I will try to post my pictures and stats especially since I been working out with trainer two month at Body design but been working out with previously with a trainer for one year and six months but I still would like to know how to really eat clean !! Still working on that ..so since I was going to eliminate sugar from my eating habits or diet, I quite sure Paleo does not constitute process, sugar, chemical foods.:smile:

Replies

• kimk1999
    kimk1999 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Theresa! Congratulations on the 50lb loss!! That's impressive. I'm here ready for the challenge too. I've been on a weight roller coaster for quite a number of years. I've lost weight with a trainer but when I stopped paying for the trainer it all came back and then some. I have tried the HCG diet, lost a bunch and then gained more back. Last significant weight loss was what I call the divorce diet (depressed / not eating). Of course, when I found someone I was happy again and ate too much. I'm now essentially at my heaviest.
    We've been trying to conceive for about a year with no luck. Lots of blood work tests, different ultrasounds, etc. Only thing so far was a few polyps (doc doesn't think that was causing the infertility). She really feels that it's due to me being overweight. I was seriously considering lapband, but the diet along with it (for life) doesn't seem the healthiest.
    Lastly, I've had a few coworkers try this diet and were successful. My fiancé was hospitalized a few days ago for GI issues and we have decided to try Paleo (err more or less I'm pushing this).
    My heaviest weight July 1st was 214. I'm now down to 206.5 :). I hope this Paleo challenge will help me continue to lose the weight. I'll post pics and measurements soon.
  • ironladyjess
    Options
    I just wanted to say it's so inspiring to have you both in on the challenge!
    I started at approximately 200lbs in 2012, tried a bunch of weight loss programs, and nothing really worked. Then I found Crossfit in July 2012, and Paleo seems to go hand in hand. I've been Paleo on and off for the past year, and I'm down to 125lbs. So I'm hoping the challenge will get rid of the last little bit of fat I have left.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding the challenge and good luck! Don't forget to post your measurements and pics in the introductions!