Bodeymedia with MFP and exercise calories?

Options
jenny95662
jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
Hey guys
I have the bodybugg and it just transferred me to the bodymedia page. I started using it today with mfp. I was wondering how it figures out what calories to transfer over as exercise? my goal is to hit 3010 calories burned and I hit 3339 today. I ate 1271 out of the 1510 mfp has for me to eat (was not hungry today normally I eat all calories lol) It says I burned 1235 in exercise. I just cant seem to figure out how it got that? Thanks in advance for help.

Replies

• SJCon
    SJCon Posts: 224
    Options
    I am not sure I can explain it as well as others can but this is my understanding.
    MFP sets a goal based on what you select for weight height and level of activity. From that Data they calculate what most people would than burn in Calories for a day, this is an estimate of TDEE (total daily energy expenditure). If you say you are more active than it estimates a higher TDEE. You get a calorie allowance based on this TDEE less your goal eg. 1000 calories for a two pound / week loss.
    This is why MFP says to eat your exercise calories, or any calories burnt over your TDEE can be eaten.
    When you see a credit on MFP for your Bodymedia that means that BM has reported that you have burnt more calories than MFP has estimated for your TDEE.
    Not sure if that is clear or not but someone may be able to do a better job.
    If you look on MFP at your goals you will see your budget and you goal calorie defecit and these together are MFP estimate of your TDEE.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Thank you! You explained it well lol Thanks again!!!
  • JRadd14
    JRadd14 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Yes, SJCON explained it well!
    Now, if you want to log your workouts out in MFP so you have record of them (many of us do), then log your exercise and time and just log it as 1 calorie burned (which is the minimum...it won't accept zero cals)... that way you have record of your activities each day but it doesn't interfere with the calorie burn that the BMF is already calculating for you and uploading to MFP.