Elevated resting pulse

Options
SkinneyGirl28
SkinneyGirl28 Posts: 145 Member
Hello. I have been a total vegetarian since 1985. My blood pressure is 90-120/60-70, and has been ever since I can remember. My resting pulse has been 60 for as long as I can remember. Now my resting pulse is in the 80's! I am wondering if the increase of processed foods for the total vegetarian, which has entered my diet is what is attributing to an increased resting pulse, and is this bad or is it nothing to worry about. My blood pressure is still the same. Do I need to totally cut out the processed foods? I have always used them a little, but lately have increased the amount.
Thank you for taking time to answer me.

Skinneygirl28

PS: I have been at 130-135 pounds for the last 6 or 7 years. I am 5'9". I have a very high metabolism and it is easy to burn off more than I eat. The only way I have found to gain weight is through exercise. And I do not mean walking. I have a 21 speed mountain bike with the fat tires. For the last 6 weeks, I have been riding a tough hour, all in 21st gear and on pavement, down or up hill. Except for the final hill which in .2 of a mile gains 90'. So I shift down to 18 to finish that hill. In so doing I have gained 5 pounds. Consequently the only part of me that has any jiggle left is my behind!

Replies

• FoodandFitness
    FoodandFitness Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I think your elevated pulse has more to do with your training than your diet based off what you've told me. Do you feel like you're overtraining? An elevated resting pulse is one of the symptoms of overtraining.
  • SkinneyGirl28
    Options
    I am only riding my mountain bike just under 10 miles, more downhill than up hill and only 3 days a week, but on pavement. That's my only exercise. I have cut out most processed foods and it has dropped some. By cutting out the processed vege foods, I have lost another 4 pounds I can't afford to really loose. I am going for Soy beans because they have more fat and hopefully that will help cut the weight loss.
    Thanks for any further input!
  • FoodandFitness
    FoodandFitness Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Start adding oils to your food if you want to bump up your calories. I'd have to know your current stats and target macros to give you more detailed advice.
  • SkinneyGirl28
    Options
    I am 5'9. When I first started riding I was struggling to stay above 130# because at 125 I look like skin draped over bones. After a couple weeks of riding, I went to 135# and was really excited. But now that has dropped to 132-3. Oils are processed foods. I am eating about 50% cooked and 50% raw. I don't know macros.