Challengs for next week

Options
Here is this weeks. Are you all IN?? Are YoU? I really can't hear you, let's hear it. ARE YOU IN?? YES, I am in, I will not make excuses this week. NOpe, NOpe, Nope. I will do it.

Monday: side steps. Put feet hip width apart, then just start stepping side to side. Easy and gets the heart rate up some.

Tues: push ups. Either on the wall, the table, bed or floor. Girly style, or if you are amazing, regular type.

Wed: Weight lifting. Grab 2 cans of food, same weight. Hold in hands with arms straight out, then bending elbow bring those hands up to your shoulders. Next hold arms out to the side and bend elbow and bring to shoulder. Next, hold arms out to side with palms down, holding the cans, bring arms up shoulder height, back down, then up again. Keeping arms straight.

Thurs: hip extensions. Can be done on the bed, couch or floor. Get on all fours, straighten leg out behind you and hold for a second or so. If you can bring the opposite arm out in front at same time. do so.

Friday: Deep breaths. Stand with feet hip width apart, bring arms up, meeting hands by your chest, then up over the head, as you do this take in a deep breath, hold for a second as they reach the top, breathe out as they go down to sides and repeat. Let go off all the stress you might have while breathing out.

Sat: Cross arm stretch. Bring your arm across the front of your chest, put other arm , elbow bent,facing up in front of the cross arm (should be right about at the elbow of the other arm) and pull in towards you, hold for a few seconds. Repeat with other arms.

Sunday: I think it is time for the hokey pokey again. So get your hokey pokey on!!

Replies

• vivh10
    vivh10 Posts: 8
    Options
    Thank you Californiagirl, now those I think I can do, even with my arthritis. Will try really hard to keep up again this week. Hope you all enjoy your week.
  • walkswithart
    walkswithart Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Well Caligirl - I hearby promise to do my best to try and look at each and every exercise every day and think through the motions before I try to do each of the exercises. And I'm sure if I try hard enough and often enough throughout each day, I just might actually accomplish the deed. They are good looking exercises this week!
  • southerngramma
    Options
    So, I have printed out all the exercises and am going to put them right by my stationery bike so I am reminded
    to do them. I can't thank you enough for giving me sense of direction on how to accomplish my goals. You and
    all of you in this group are proving to be a true inspiration for me! thank you sooooo much :drinker:
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    You ladies are totally awesome! I am glad you are here and we just do what we can do, modify whatever exercises you need to and if you have any suggestions, please feel free to let me know.

Have fun and good luck
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Californiagirl, I'm totally in!
  • mombolongo
    Options
    Okay I'm in ....I'm caught up from being a day late...... :laugh:
  • gramanana
    Options
    OK, so I've been a bit out of it this week, but now I'm all caught up. Side steps (and grapevine for about 5 min); wall push ups (15); dumb bells (1.5 lb, my normal PT routine). Then I did about 2 min of stretching for my upper body. Whole thing took about 10 min when I realized that my arms couldn't do much more.

These challenges help me to remember to do more than just walk every day. They are much appreciated.
  • gramanana
    Options
    Hip extensions DONE! :laugh: Hope everyone is having as much fun with these challenges as I am. I mean, I know they're work, but I feel so good afterward. Enjoy the day!