Eat More to Weigh Less: 10th week

Options
PopsGils
PopsGils Posts: 68 Member
I am now in week 10 of my metabolism reset, up to my TDEE which is 1700 calories, Bouncing up and down a lot, when I started i was 138 pounds, I am now 144.4 pounds. But over the weeks, some weeks I have weighed 144, 142, 140. Up and down all the time bouncing from 140 - 145. I used to maintain on 1200 calories, I am 5 foot 5. Do i stick with it even though its been a while and I just keep gaining at maintenance level. Help me please guys! Finding this so hard and dont know what to do from here!
Thanks!

Replies

• AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    You want to continue until your weight stabilizes. It does not sound like you are continuing to gain while eating at this level, but rather that your body is adapting and getting accustomed to the new level of intake - these fluctuations are normal.

Here is a link to an awesome post on www.EatMore2WeighLess.com that answers your questions:

http://eatmore2weighless.com/metabolism-reset-how-much-longer/

What do you do for exercise? For someone 5' 5", 1,700 doesn't sound like its high enough (unless you are very sedentary).
  • PopsGils
    Options
    Bless you for replying, nobody normally replies to me. I dont do any exercise, at work all day and a few poxy dog walks is the most I am doing at the moment! I had my RMR/BMR tested and my TDEE is 1680. I have actually read that great post, jsut cant believe after 10 weeks I am not back to a normal metabolism! I was planning on going down in calories from next week after 10 weeks but now not sure?!
  • athenalove46
    athenalove46 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Regardless of how sedentary you are, I think upping your calories would be a great start. That hardly sounds like enough to be your true TDEE.
  • AnitraSoto
    Options
    I would not cut yet... Give it some more time. If I were you, I would try eating another 100 calories or so a day and see what happens. You might be surprised. If you hold stable there for a week or so, push it up another 100 or so.

What you don't want to do is short-change yourself, and re-set at too low a level. I would definitely try to push it higher than that 1680 - that sounds so low for your TDEE. Whatever you do, don't rush this part of the process. Take your time and make sure you are truly at your TDEE before cutting. (If you up your calories, gain, and then continue to gain over time, you may have surpassed your TDEE, otherwise, just ride out those fluctuations and try to push it higher..)

Feel free to add me if you would like some support :-)
    Anitra
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    What are you listing for your activity levels? Unless you are confined to a wheelchair or bedridden. 99% of people are automatically "lightly active". So make sure your level is correct. As the others have said, 1700 is really low of a TDEE and doesnt sound right.
    This process is about finding out where your TDEE is and for a lot of us, the number given in a spreadsheet or online calc, is not correct. We need to tweak the numbers to find it ourselves. So as Anitra said, try increasing your cals by 100 a week until the numbers start to jump and stay up. That will be the only way to truly find your TDEE.. then you can begin to find your deficit amounts
    Its a long process and can be a bit stressful, so just allow yourself the time to find your TDEE, heal yourself and then begin..
  • PopsGils
    Options
    Thanks guys, the only reason I say my TDEE is 1680ish is because I had it tested in a lab, I am hardly active, sit on my bum all day at my desk at work, drive to and from work and walk my small dog twice a week and even that isn't very far at all. I ate 1700 all last week and i am up from 142.4 to 147.8 as of today. So in total my reset is a 10 pound gain so far, summer is coming here in Cape Town and I will bury myself in my bed the entire summer if i am still this weight then, none of my summer clothes fit at all. Hopeless!
  • AnitraSoto
    Options
    Thanks guys, the only reason I say my TDEE is 1680ish is because I had it tested in a lab, I am hardly active, sit on my bum all day at my desk at work, drive to and from work and walk my small dog twice a week and even that isn't very far at all. I ate 1700 all last week and i am up from 142.4 to 147.8 as of today. So in total my reset is a 10 pound gain so far, summer is coming here in Cape Town and I will bury myself in my bed the entire summer if i am still this weight then, none of my summer clothes fit at all. Hopeless!

So just hang tight at your 1680 to 1700 and watch your weight. As long as it does not continue to climb, chances are you are not over your TDEE.

Since you are so sedentary, why don't you try to get a bit more activity in? Doesn't have to be stressful, but maybe walk the dog every day instead of just two days, or maybe take him for a longer walk. Not only will that additional activity help to boost your metabolism and burn some more calories, but more importantly, it will just make you feel so much better!
  • BluthLover
    BluthLover Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    You had your TDEE tested in a lab? Or your resting metabolic rate?
  • PopsGils
    Options
    my RMR - and then the professor worked my TDEE out for me..