New to group

Options
Hello everyone. I am looking for 'friends' to help support me on my journey to lose 20 pounds that I just cannot seem to lose for some reason. Rural is my lifestyle, here in Nova Scotia. I don't have the luxury of being able to go to a gym daily, walking in a local park etc. so I have a treadmill in my basement which I frequent.

I am 61, female and semi retired. Married with two adult children and two grandchildren.

Looking for 'friends' but you don't need to live in the Maritimes or even in Canada. My support to you, as well as you for me, can be worldwide. That's one of the joys of MFP.

Any takers?

Replies

• southerngramma
    Options
    Hi! My name is Barbara and I live in South Carolina...would love to be friends with you. Like you said..support is a biggie when
    losing weight. This is the first time I am finding success in a very long time... :happy:
  • MzYoga
    MzYoga Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to MFP and this group. Recently retired and want to get in good physical shape. Although I don't have a lot of weight to lose, I'm short and I have waaay too much flab around the middle. It's so much harder to lose weight as we age.

I enjoy exercise and I've found for me it is important to vary the exercise to avoid injury. Some days I walk, other days I go to zumba classes, and others I use the eliptical machine for cardio. Food, particularly sweets,has been my biggest problem. Now I'm trying to just eat foods with natural sweetness like fruits.

Looking for friends in this age group.
  • southerngramma
    Options
    Welcome to the group! So far I have had a great time here...I'm really starting to watch what I eat..and am finding it
    not to be onorous at all :laugh:
  • dianefisher47
    dianefisher47 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, I am from Canada Province of Quebec
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Hi! I am in the UK but always like to meet people from far and wide...... :flowerforyou:

Jean
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    oh...and my photo below the posts - by the lake - was taken in Ottawa........ had a few trips to Canada....wonderful country and people :love:

Jean
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in Illinois, but love to have friends from all over the world. This is a fantastic site!

This group offers a lot of support and encouragement which is fantastic. I've lost 15 of the 20 pounds I wanted to lose, but the closer you get to your goal, it seems the harder it is to lose it. So right now I'm concentrating on health and fitness.

I'm gluten free and trying to cut back on my junk food, but if you think I can support you in any way, please send me a friend request.

Ronna
  • PrairiePride49
    PrairiePride49 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm new again as I took off 2.5 months and put on 10 lbs. Not too smart, but I'm now on track again.
    Bev
  • mblair50
    mblair50 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes, would love a new friend. It seems all the ones I had have dropped out of MFP over the years and I have only one left
    so yes I look forward to hearing from you.
    Marlene
  • mermaidmom48
    mermaidmom48 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am a returnee. I have already found a great group here, willing to share their thoughts and wisdom. I almost have my first week under my belt and I am eager to weigh-in on Sunday to see how I did. It is amazing to see our food broke down on this site so that we can graphically see what we are stuffing in the old bod. It keeps me thinking, and choosing better options because I know I have to log it in on my daily diary. Would love to have you as a friend. There is something so special knowing we are all women over 60, from all over the world, joining together for better health. I wish we could do the same for world peace..... Much good luck to you....it will be fun to see your progress.