WOOT...one day at a time success stories

Options
NewLIFEstyle4ME
NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
I'm so in Love with The Lord....honey, let me tell you:

Today is my fasting day and my handsome boyfriend (my hubby of 30+ years) is BBQing and as I type, the family is chowing down on the most fabulous smelling BBQ in the history of BBQ--I won't go into details of exactly what, because I don't want to tempt anyone to scream "I WANT SOME....NOW!!!!"

So, he put everything on the platter and oh my goodness, Help me LORD--it looks and smells so nice and I politely said:

"None for me, it's my fasting day". He said "come-on, just have one of these New York styled hotdogs at least. and put the huge platter of yummy before my eyes. Now EVERYONE in my family is slim/trim/skinny.

I'm the ONLY fat person in my entire family:sad: :cry: :blushing: :cry: :sad: EVERYONE else is slim and trim but me:indifferent:
My boyfriend and I joke and say God has a wonderful sense of humor...He waited until we have years and years of fun alone time and then gave us all these children late in life--once we got old and gray. We gave up having children after we had two terrible miscarriages early in our marriage, years and year ago and then, once we believed we just couldn't have children... God gave us all these children without ANY medical help at all. Our four children are all almost 2 years to the day apart from one another :love: and are BEST friends with each other.

My hubby is almost the exact same size he was when we were in High School. I was skinny all my life too, I started gaining all this flab & fat weight when we started having baby, after baby after baby after baby late in life. Nursing all these children and being pregnant non-stop for YEARS. I'm in my early 50's and my beloved best friend hubby is in his mid 50's and my youngest of 4 is 10 years old and my oldest just turned 17 and we have two more in between these. Anyhoo...I politely went in the kitchen and had my water based protein shake with joy.

Such VICTORY, such POWER...I'm thrilled!

:bigsmile: :love: :drinker: :noway: :drinker: :love: :bigsmile:

Replies

• lyndyloolaa
    lyndyloolaa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hehe fantastic - way to go you!

That is definitely a show of major dedication :) x
  • Gianna44
    Gianna44 Posts: 124
    Options
    Great "non scale victory"! I love your posts - they make me smile as well as motivate me :)
  • lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    that is one of the hardest things, such amazing progress!! I always struggle with this and the temptations of friends and family have been a large part of my weight gain. I need to learn to do this too! That couple minutes of pleasure while eating just aren't worth it when your jeans don't fit!!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Great "non scale victory"! I love your posts - they make me smile as well as motivate me :)

:smooched: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :smooched:

Thank you so much, also thank you for being consistent in your posting...it encourages me tremendously!!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    that is one of the hardest things, such amazing progress!! I always struggle with this and the temptations of friends and family have been a large part of my weight gain. I need to learn to do this too! That couple minutes of pleasure while eating just aren't worth it when your jeans don't fit!!!

What I do is ask God to help me, and then imagine my G&B (gut & butt)....:noway: :sad: :noway: Then I think about some biblical and motivational quotes...Ill post some "secular" ones I mediate and think of often:

“If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ~Wayne Dyer

“The best thing about the future is that it only comes one day at a time.” ~Abraham Lincoln

“Whether you think you can or can’t, you’re right.” ~Henry Ford

“You don’t drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.” ~Unknown

Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven’t half the strength you think they have.” ~Norman Vincent Peale

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.” ~Maya Angelou

“All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you.” ~Wayne Dyer Quotes

“It’s not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are.” ~Roy Disney

“Choice, not chance, determines destiny.” ~E.C. McKenzie

“Courage is fear that has said its prayers.” ~Dorothy Bernard

“Courage is a resistance to fear, mastery of fear – not absence of fear.” ~Mark Twain

“Courage is simply the willingness to be afraid and act anyway.” ~Dr. Robert Anthony

IT DOESN'T GET EASIER...YOU JUST GET STRONGER!
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options

What I do is ask God to help me, and then imagine my G&B (gut & butt)....:noway: :sad: :noway: Then I think about some biblical and motivational quotes...Ill post some "secular" ones I mediate and think of often:

“If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ~Wayne Dyer

“The best thing about the future is that it only comes one day at a time.” ~Abraham Lincoln

“Whether you think you can or can’t, you’re right.” ~Henry Ford

“You don’t drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.” ~Unknown

Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven’t half the strength you think they have.” ~Norman Vincent Peale

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.” ~Maya Angelou

“All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you.” ~Wayne Dyer Quotes

“It’s not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are.” ~Roy Disney

“Choice, not chance, determines destiny.” ~E.C. McKenzie

“Courage is fear that has said its prayers.” ~Dorothy Bernard

“Courage is a resistance to fear, mastery of fear – not absence of fear.” ~Mark Twain

“Courage is simply the willingness to be afraid and act anyway.” ~Dr. Robert Anthony

IT DOESN'T GET EASIER...YOU JUST GET STRONGER!

Love these, thanks for posting!
  • lizz2013
    Options
    Thanks for posting :) You are a wonderful help to everyone on here!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Awwwwww, humility...it is such an awesome and needful thing to/for me!

Daddybear took the gang out for the day yesterday to the Fair, and brought home the most awesome smelling and looking fried chicken, collard greens, mac and cheese and more LATE (after 8:30pm) last night. I totally ate a bit of that chicken, some of the greens and a taste or two of the mac and cheese and blew my fast for the day and ended up eating some other stuff and ate 1,739 cals.
    :noway: :blushing: :huh: :embarassed: :grumble:

Thank GOD I can/will make-up for it today and do my fasting day today. :wink:
  • lizz2013
    Options
    That is what I love about this way of eating. When the world offers something irresistible we can indulge and just move the fast day. You're doing amazingly.