So I decided to "try" eating gluten again

Sabine_Stroehm
Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
After many many many months I decided to *try* eating gluten again.Not a lot. I had a slice of pizza friday, a whole wheat hamburger bun Sunday, and part of a whole wheat tortilla today. I sneezed a lot friday. I was sick Saturday. I sneezed a lot Sunday. I sneezed a lot today. And I have had stomach cramps and bloating since friday.

Experiment over.

Replies

• knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Well at least you know for sure now and can just move forward. My 13 year old son had to do the same experiment. After the migraines and puking showed up he decided he was happy being gluten free.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    For some reason I can only chalk up to temporary insanity after being gluten free over two years I decided to eat real pizza. :( I got a migraine that lasted four days, pain in almost all my joints, a week of stomach disturbances, bloating, swollen lymph nodes, and massive fatigue. I won't try that again. I guess it's just one of those things that you have to prove to yourself even though you know it's a bad idea!
  • I did that last week too. I got itchy blisters all over my hands. I put myself through this every so often just to "make for sure"... when will I ever learn?
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Been there, done that.... on multiple occasions. For some reason every time I get close to feeling 100% again, I decide I could probably tolerate it.
  • hintzam
    hintzam Posts: 6 Member
    yeah I did the same thing this weekend took two bites of pizza and bloated out like I was 6 months preg. and didnt feel good at all! UGH Wont be doing that again anytime soon!