Paleo Newbie

climberchic
climberchic Posts: 83 Member
Hello All! I am a 34 year old working Mom who travels ALOT for work. I use to work out all the time and fitness was very important to me. I haven't been in a good exercise routine in awhile and my eating habits are horrid. After thinking about the Paleo for quite some time I have finally decided to just do it (as Nike says).
I will be starting the Paleo lifestyle tomorrow and just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I joined this group some time ago but did not participate actively or begin my Paleo diet in a strict sense. I feel that I am now ready and will hopefully have you all to help me along the way.
I am very excited about this transition and cannot wait to see how much better I feel!! I hope that everyone is healthy and happy and look forward to future discussions.

Crystal

Replies

• llfretwell
    llfretwell Posts: 218 Member
    Hello! I just started paleo yesterday! I am looking forward to eating this new, healthy way, and definitely looking forward to a little weight loss. Feel free to add me! :)
  • strychnine7
    strychnine7 Posts: 210 Member
    Welcome! Remember: eat your bacon.
  • climberchic
    Hey! Thanks. I've been doing some reading (stuck on a plane) and I think I'm going to kick start the Paleo by starting the whole30 tomorrow. Any thoughts on that?
  • Tophermak
    Tophermak Posts: 69 Member
    The whole30 is a great place to start, especially if your diet hasn't been the best lately. It'll make you appreciate real foods again. The upside as well is it's terribly hard to overeat seeing as most of the calorie dense foods you used to eat are not on the allowed lists. Good luck and feel free to add me. I always track my foods in case you wanna see others diaries as well. Good luck!!
  • lrmall01
    lrmall01 Posts: 377 Member
    Whole 30 is great and their PDF shopping list is really great. The book is very clear and informative as well as their website.

My hardest compliance issue with whole 30 is the sugar, sulfites and carrageenan elimination - those are in many pre-made items and I'm just not into making all of my own mayo or dressings. Also skipping dairy is something I don't stress about. Some milk and cottage cheese still show up.

However, it is a solid plan and worth trying. If you are going to feel like a failure if you eat a piece of candy on day 23, then you might want to do something more moderate that allows a few indulgences here and there.
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Hey, welcome! :)
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Welcome! Remember: eat your bacon.

Where is the "like" button when you want it?
  • climberchic
    Hey! Thanks everyone! So far so good. Day 2!
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Hi, I'm new too...new to the group and about 1 1/2 weeks paleo/with a little dairy. I'm feeling really great. I traveled for work yesterday and have to admit that I missed stopping for a muffin on the way and I brought my own lunch vs. trying to figure things out in a deli. But, I did it!

Good luck!
  • climberchic
    Hey Everyone!! Been a few days. I did great Tuesday and Wednesday of last week and fell of the wagon during a weekend trip to my Mom's. No worries. Day 1 again for me today and I REFUSE to have anymore slips. I even talked my Mom and my sister into doing the whole30 with me. Tonight I had an awesome dinner and looking forward to tomorrow. I will admit that finding spices has been difficult. Hope everyone is doing great!!