Introductions!

Options
TinGirl314
TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
So as we grow I thought it would be really need to have our members make a short (or lengthy if you prefer) introductory post. It's a great way to see where we are all at and where we would like to go. :)
I'll go first.
I'm Tin, 27 years old.
I've gone from 352 pounds to 215 pounds, and my final goal is 170.
I'm an amazon 5'11"
I have multiple diagnosis' including Borderline Personality Disorder, PTSD, Binge eating, and social Anxiety.
I'm a music lover, I braid kimihimo and knit in my spare time.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone. :)

Replies

• weightlossdiva1219
    weightlossdiva1219 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone.
    I'm Angela!
    I am 19 years old.
    I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
    I was adopted.
    I am 5'10" and started my Journey at 204 lbs. I am now fluctuating between 175-176 the last few days. My goal weight is 150-155
    I live in California with my boyfriend, I LOVE music especially folk and alternative, I play the piano and sing.
    I also love to blog and I'm a big fan of Glee, How I Met Your Mother, Bones, and The Big Bang Theory.
    <3
  • annalobdell
    annalobdell Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! So happy to be a part of this group. My name is Anna. I am 34 years old, have 4 children and have been married to my husband for 8 years. I started out almost 2 years ago at 343 pounds. Today I am 230 pounds. I have recently been diagnosed as bipolar, severe social anxiety and borderline personality disorder. I cannot see the 113 pound weight loss in myself. I still feel like the same person and when I look in the mirror I still see FAT ANNA. I know I have lost weight. I have gone from a size 30 pants to a size 18 and a 5x shirt to an xl. I know physically the weight is gone. But mentally it is still there. This causes me to binge, which then causes me to shame myself, which then causes me to binge again. It is a vicious cycle and I struggle every single day with these illnesses. It is particularly hard for me at night as I do not sleep well. It is hard for me to make friends because of the anxiety I feel. I hope we can all support each other in this group.
  • TinGirl314
    Options
    It's nice to hear from you guys and welcome to our little corner. Borderline is a hell of a thing to live with. I still see myself bigger too, and oddly enough I'm 100% more self critical now that I've lost weight than I was when I was big. It's something I can't explain, and I'm not enjoy it either. If you take it day by day and constantly remind yourself of your accomplishments, I find it helps.

One thing I've done is safety pinned a pair of pants in my old size and current size.
    Can't argue with that! :)

Nice to meet you guys.
  • annalobdell
    annalobdell Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    What I have found works for me as far as actually seeing my progress is keeping old before pictures hanging up, and putting some current ones next to it. One that works especially well is my license picture from 4 years ago. I had to renew my license in January. There is a huge difference.
  • TinGirl314
    Options
    That's a really good idea I'll have to try it! :)