what's on your music player?

be it the phone (mine is!), ipod, mp3 or walkman (ok, who's still got one or am I showing my age?!)

set my music app to shuffle and you can get anything from musicals to meatloaf, power rangers to purple rain.

Replies

• Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    I saw a kid the other day using a walkman. I thought I had walked back in time. The funny thing he was wearing 300 dollar headphones, but jamming a walkman with it.
  • Gabrielm80
    set my music app to shuffle and you can get anything from musicals to meatloaf, power rangers to purple rain.
    Meatloaf in Rocky Horror, double whammy
  • Gabrielm80
    Oh I never said what I have in my, computer, iphone, CD player, or Record player yup my kids know more about vinyl than cassette tapes believe it or not due to two cabinet turn tables passed down generations from the 50s. Suckers still work.
    Inside turn table has Shostakovich symphony 5 last played on it. The turn table in the garage I believe was The Doors LA women, the CD player in the bedroom holds up to 50 disks last one it played was either Nora Jones, or dark side of the moon. My phone last played my workout mix, so a huge mix of Muse, queen, Rush, black sabbath and others. And my computer played Temple of the dog just an hour ago. Soon will be pearl jam TEN
  • SunOfMan
    SunOfMan Posts: 67 Member
    Way too much to list but listening to a lot of "Fat Freddy's Drop" at the moment!
  • I kept my walkman from when I was little, luckily there is a record store in the city which sells really cheap tapes too!
  • StaticEntropy
    StaticEntropy Posts: 224 Member
    be it the phone (mine is!), ipod, mp3 or walkman (ok, who's still got one or am I showing my age?!)

I recently discovered the band Epica, and my workout playlist is essentially their entire five album discography. Before that, I was on a serious Dream Theater bender.
    My phone last played my workout mix, so a huge mix of Muse, queen, Rush, black sabbath and others

You, I like. :drinker:
  • Alligator423
    Alligator423 Posts: 87 Member
    http://www.last.fm/user/linzo23

I might be a little obsessed with The National.
  • Zelinna
    Zelinna Posts: 207 Member
    My phone is my main source of music, and it has way too much. I switch between a rotation of all the songs on it and listening strictly to Daft Punk.

On the weekend, I pick random playlists from Songza to help me find new music to listen to.
  • exohglo
    exohglo Posts: 49 Member
    Right now I can't get enough of Tegan and Sara... so in love with them right now. Been pumping their latest album Heart Throb in the jeep with the windows down and volume up
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    I don't think anyone would believe me (I'm a classically-trained violinist) but when I'm pushing for stupid times on the stationary bike, or indeed trying to do as much as possible at work, I'm listening to:

Drum 'n' Bass Arena: DJ Zinc
    Adam F/DJ Fresh - Breakbeat Kaos
    Fabriclive 03: DJ Hype
    Jungle Rewind mixed by ShyFX
  • Gabrielm80
    I don't think anyone would believe me (I'm a classically-trained violinist) but when I'm pushing for stupid times on the stationary bike, or indeed trying to do as much as possible at work, I'm listening to:

Drum 'n' Bass Arena: DJ Zinc
    Adam F/DJ Fresh - Breakbeat Kaos
    Fabriclive 03: DJ Hype
    Jungle Rewind mixed by ShyFX

I would, I played flute for years and my wife plays for a San Antonio Wind symphony. Musicians are some of the most uniquely different bunch of the world. Maybe it is because when everyone else was desperately trying to fit in, we had other things to worry about like tuning, finger work, and practicing until it was perfect. No time for conformity. You have the movie stereo type musician but in reality you can not fit us in such a box, We are too varied a bunch.
  • Hollywoodm55
    Hollywoodm55 Posts: 155 Member
    It's not on there yet but I soooo want this! It's just so fun and catchy, I can imagine working out a little bit harder listening to it.

Verka Serduchka - Dancing .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6HKwa-a6ac
  • amluvstld
    amluvstld Posts: 212
    I am so musically diverse, my playlist is crazy. LOL I have everything from Al Green to Rage Against The Machine. Current fave is Alt-J. Anything with a funky beat that makes me push harder in the gym, I'll blast.
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    5FDP jammin right now!!! \m/ I usually work out 2 old skool rap & metal! :smokin:
  • amluvstld
    amluvstld Posts: 212
    5FDP jammin right now!!! \m/ I usually work out 2 old skool rap & metal! :smokin:

Same! We should be friends :drinker: I was busting some EMPD and Warren G last night! LOL
  • My iPhone has a mix of music.
    From Classic Rock to new Rock, from Country to Rap. I love music <3
  • mom2dzbnwe
    mom2dzbnwe Posts: 129 Member
    I'm so "before my time" (graduated from High School in 96) -- I run to Boston, Van Halen, Styx....older stuff! It makes me want to MOVE!!!! Love it!
  • mom2dzbnwe
    Geez!!! I should've known!!! I went to jr.college on a music scholarship! I played trumpet!
  • mom2dzbnwe
    I saw a kid the other day using a walkman. I thought I had walked back in time. The funny thing he was wearing 300 dollar headphones, but jamming a walkman with it.

This is AWESOME!!!
  • ficklesoul
    ficklesoul Posts: 54 Member
    I kept my walkman from when I was little, luckily there is a record store in the city which sells really cheap tapes too!

wish I had kept my walkmen from when I was a teenager. How cheap are the tapes?

As for music, my taste are pretty much all over the place. Here are some of the music that is currently dominating my iPod to name a few. The stroke, Muse, Arctic Monkey, Pink floyd, Steve Vai, The Shins, Vaccine, Death cabs, Be the bear, Said the Whale, Bastille etc.