Levoxyl to Synthroid- any side effects?

Options
Hi guys- I'm about to run out of my BRAND Levoxyl, and my Dr. is switching me to Synthroid since we can't get any more levoxyl (BRAND). Has anyone made this switch, and if so, what side effects have you had?

Replies

• dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I had to switch from Levoxl to Synthroid for the same reason as you. The first couple of weeks I had headaches in the late morning. Those have since subsided and now I feel no side effects. I think my body was just getting used to the new medication. I feel fine now. Good luck with your switch.
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    My doctor changed me to Synthroid and upped my dose from 100mcg to 125mcg, and I have gained 10 lbs since. I maintained my weight on the previous dose. My mid section is always bloated too. I think my problem was the dose increase though, my appetite is out of control, im considering asking her to decrease it.

That's my experience!
  • dsr315
    dsr315 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had been on Levoxyl for several years and in May had to switch to Synthroid due to the fact Levoxyl was no longer available. I have not felt good since this change. I have gained weight and keep having severe hip pain which I have since learned others have experienced as well.