How many of you DON'T weigh yourselves?

Options
teachmom32
teachmom32 Posts: 183 Member
I read in the book to put the scale away for at least 2 months. That is a really hard thing to do! It's been a week, and during that week I went on vacation. I'd like to see if I gained weight on vacation, which I'm sure I did. I need to get in the frame of mind that scale weight does not matter, and that my clothes fitting better and how I feel is a much better gauge. How do all of you deal with weighing in? Do you just not do it?

Replies

• Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Oh scary! on the other hand, imagine putting the scales away and then in two months time weighing yourself and finding you are 8 or more pounds lighter!

This comes from someone who weighs every morning!
  • guidothecat
    guidothecat Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh at home, only at my DR. (I have other issues) but being free of the scale is empowering to me.

I go more on how my clothes fit, and my shoes...seriously lost weight in my darn feet (WTH?) But not here to actually lose weight (which I have) but to keep the strength I have and to gain strength (a bit older now) ...so throw out the scale for 2-3 months and then get back on it, bet you will be amazed.

Health is not about a number on a scale, but about strength and proper nutrition in my book? I am not going to starve myself for someone's idea of a proper weight for me, I go on me and me alone! (with my nutritionists guidance I guess)

I am going for health and strength...and yeah I do cuss back at the YOYOG dvd's...(I need a bit more motivation than the app)..so yeah, I think he is an effing sadist...and I tell the dvd so, but I can actually do a pushup now, and a full series of squats, so an effective sadist! :) and I have lost inches, not weight, but inches...and inches count in a little black dress with awesome heels and killer toned legs!

I am still stuck in the novice plan, but not bad for 42? I feel strong...and I only get to do the dvd about 1-2 times a week (which is not enough, but I am NOT going to give up my yoga either), so I need to make more time for YOYOG on a more regular basis... :smokin:

and here is the thing, not sure of your weight/height/whatever...but 150lbs of toned worked muscles looks a heck of a lot better then 150 lbs of flab?

so throw out the darn scale for 60 days, you already said your clothes fit better, why not give it the full 60 days and see how you feel?
  • SolanumSunrise
    SolanumSunrise Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, I guess because it's one of the things I do every day to make sure everything is functioning as it should. Kinda like checking your pee color to make sure you're staying hydrated (I know, eww, but I couldn't think of another example that was less gross). I don't let the numbers worry me too much, though, as long as my measurements aren't getting any bigger I don't let daily fluctuations bother me. If looking at the scale every morning is something that might stress you out, I'd say put it away.
  • strongmindstrongbody
    Options
    Did you try ditching the scale for awhile? That's something I'm working toward. Was weighing myself daily, now down to 2-3 times a week. I don't record every weigh in, only once a month. My ultimate goal is to only step on the scale for that once-a-month recorded weigh in.

The scale can be a frustrating thing for me. I've got a lot of weight to lose, but some weeks there's zero loss (or worse, a gain) on the scale. Taking measurements helps, though. I've been surprised more than once by a loss in inches even though the scale was bumming me out.
  • teachmom32
    teachmom32 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I was able to do it for 1 month. Then I couldn't take it anymore!!! So, now I'm weighing myself once a week and seeing decent losses between half and 1 pound a week. I'll take it.