Introduce yourself to the group

Options
JcMey3r
JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
Im Jonathan currently a software developer who sits behind a desk all day. Im 6"2 and weigh in at about 220lbs at 23.

I love to gym but being in a big city and struggling to find a good gym partner makes it difficult sometimes to find motivation to go to the gym.

Eating isn't always a struggle but can be but hoping MFP will set me in the right direction.

Replies

• stacylou2
    Options
    Hi, I'm Stacy, I'm 42 and I guess you could say I am a stay at home wife and mom. I have some health issues that make me too unpredictable to hold down a steady job.

I have access to a great gym (well, if it had a swimming pool and racquetball courts, it would be better), but I think of every reason not to go to the gym. Eating is a problem for me. I like to snack on food throughout the day.

I'm looking forward to being in this group and meeting other people, especially since I am new to MFP.
  • JcMey3r
    Options
    Made a right choice to join MFP. Make sure to log all meals as you eat as sometime you will eat something and not realise how bad it is for the days calories until you add it.

What are your goals and do you have a time frame in which you would like to achieve it?
  • Jeffy67
    Jeffy67 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm Jeff. I do QA work and sit behind a desk most of the time. I'm also a type 2 diabetic . I started my MFP journey at almost 253 lbs and have managed to lose almost 40 lbs.
    Going to the gym was difficult but I have now made it part of my daily routine.
    Food well, I love to eat but I try to eat good, sometimes I do sometimes I don't.

Always looking for friends to share the journey :)
  • JcMey3r
    Options
    Hi there, I'm Jeff. I do QA work and sit behind a desk most of the time. I'm also a type 2 diabetic . I started my MFP journey at almost 253 lbs and have managed to lose almost 40 lbs.
    Food well, I love to eat but I try to eat good, sometimes I do sometimes I don't.

Great to hear of the loss already. as for eating right it is always very difficult. do you follow a diet/eating plan?
  • MamaMel71
    Options
    Hi, This is Melanie aka Mama Mel. I was pretty faithful on here at the beginning of last year(2012) and logged on every day, clocked my food and exercise and even managed to lose 27 lbs in 6 months(all quitting smoking at the same time!). But then I left my husband and things got a little emotionally messed up for awhile.

I am back here now in a better place in both mind and heart(new boyfriend is real supportive!) so I am ready to start this again. I did gain back 17 of my lost pounds but know that is only a little setback in the whole plan.

I wanted to join this group so I could have somewhere to come to or people to reach out to when I feel the most vulnerable and want to raid my kitchen cupboards. I am an emotional eater and don't deal with my emotions too well sometimes so, this is the devil I face.

thanks all for listening to me ramble on. I hope to find some real friends on here who know what I am going through.
  • MamaMel71
    Options
    Hi Stacy! I totally understand how you feel. I too am 42, have health problems(diabetic, depressed, arthritis in right knee, hip and back and chronic headaches) so food has always been my go to for comfort. I would like to be your support buddy if you would like one? While I am not really so new here, I kind of am for the social interaction. Let me know and we can chat privately if you want.
    take care and hang in there.
  • stacylou2
    Options
    Hi Melanie!

Sounds like you've been through a lot but that you have come out the winner. Congrats on quitting smoking and for maintaining part of your weight loss during that difficult time. My problem with food is that I am just hungry all the time. I have even been put on stimulant-type appetite suppressants and they did nothing to dull my appetite, they just made me wired. I am new to MFP for the second time (I was on here briefly in 2012 or 2011 - can't remember!). This time I have no plans of leaving. Thanks for saying hi. I'll send you a friends request, and if you feel like it, cool, and if not, I understand. Take care and have a fab day.
  • Jeffy67
    Jeffy67 Posts: 112 Member
    Options

Great to hear of the loss already. as for eating right it is always very difficult. do you follow a diet/eating plan?
    [/quote

No diet plan yet , guess I never thought of one. How would I go about making one ?]
  • TEW73
    TEW73 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi my name it Trey and I am 39 years old. I am also a new father and want to lose weight to be around for a long time for my son. This is my second time on myfitnesspal and this time I plan to stay this time. I do not have much support from home so a group called Motivation is something that might help.

Looking forward to the journey and finding friends along the way.
  • cihan81
    cihan81 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi this is Mira, am ian emotional eater.some days i am doing really well and other days line today i just think, that ihave already ruined the day so i might as well continue eating. I am totally new at this and hope to find friends to give support and get support from to get through this. I eat often and always more when stressed. It is like somekind of a autopilotgoes on "on-mode" and no matter what i do i can not think straight. Whi h results in me overeating. What can be done to stop this.how do i get the feelings out , instead of trying to damp them with food? Hope someone can help me.....
  • loneaffliction
    loneaffliction Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm Addy, 25. I'm actually in good health, pretty fit, though I need to recondition myself. I'm tall and muscular, so I was able to ignore the weight gain for a while, but I'm up to 275 again. Normal for me is around 190. Cringe. I've got a long way to go. My problem was generally being overwhelmed in college, working 80-120 hour work weeks, most of that at a sedentary job with few options to eat healthy on the go and no time to work out. I've made some major changes, taken a step back, but it's time to get back in shape. It's just so easy to get tired and sore and decide to sleep in instead of pushing through. I tend to work out pretty hard when I do and now that I'm getting back to it, I feel it. Too young to be this out of shape. Appreciate any help and motivation y'all are willing to give. Posting every day seems to be helping me a lot, even just starting out, so I'll be here.
  • JcMey3r
    Options
    Hi my name it Trey and I am 39 years old. I am also a new father and want to lose weight to be around for a long time for my son. This is my second time on myfitnesspal and this time I plan to stay this time. I do not have much support from home so a group called Motivation is something that might help.

Looking forward to the journey and finding friends along the way.

When did you start on MFP again and when would you like to reach your goal?
  • JcMey3r
    Options
    I agree addy, being on here daily makes things a tad easier and keeps you motivated to push trhough.
  • PartyPerson
    PartyPerson Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm Patricia, just had my 50th birthday although I really can't believe it even after a month or so. I was doing really well with my fitness journey until I had a bout of illness requiring surgery about 6 weeks ago. I've just been signed off to start exercising again and went for my first (very very gentle) run this morning - it felt great! I did get a little light headed at the end so will keep it quite gentle for the mo.

I have also started the slim in 6 programme as this is not so much cardio as body sculpting which I think will be better to build my recovery. I am a member of my local gym, but find the musclebound men there very intimidating. I hope it's my paranoia but the seem to stare, exchange a few words and laugh whenever I try to use any of the equipment. I think that I need a gym partner to help me get through the first month or so, but can't find anyone atm. Hopefully when I get back to work in September one of my colleagues will join me!

Looking forward to meeting you all.