Guess what .... I signed up for a 5K

Options
While I was on vacation, We visited with a GF of mine( we met in summer band camp in 6th grade and have been friends since) and she wants to do a 5k. So her and I will be doing a 5k in late Feb in WDW! I am exicted and nervous at the same time!

Replies

• AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun. I started the C25k 3 weeks ago. I am doing it slowly though and will be taking a lot longer than 9 weeks to finish it.
  • ruthlesswr
    ruthlesswr Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Do you run now? If not, I do recommend the C25K program - it really worked for me (years ago when I did it ...)
    Ruth
  • AnneTanne0
    AnneTanne0 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Great!
    Running is so addicting!
    I started running when I was around 45 - but I never ever ran a race...
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Thanks, You've inspired me. I'm going to look into 1 in my area today. I haven't been running lately (mostly walking) since I slipped on ice last winter and my hip is still bothering me. I'm going for accupunture this weekend so hopefully I can get back at it.

Cindy
  • zam1955
    zam1955 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That is great that you signed up for a 5k.
    I'm going to do a 5k in October with my daughter.
    I used to run until I broke my knee cap about 5 years ago.
    I've been training, plus I push myself to run a little longer everyday.
    My goal is to run the whole 3.1 miles, but if that doesn't happen I'm more than happy giving it my best.
  • padisneyfour
    Options
    My family(husband , daughters and I) did a color me rad 5k in June-that was my first ever. My goal then was just to finish and not be last! This is a bit different but the course is basically flat which def helps and I had done the C25k before the race in june. I am going to start back again because it really did make a difference..... this 5K race in feb is part of princess marathon weekend at WDW and is early(6;30 am early)in the morning-which is actually when I do my walking now -so heat shouldnt be a big factor either!
  • sue9900
    sue9900 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    New to the group so thought I'd jump in here to meet a few more of you....I've given up running due to bad knees but enjoyed the races I have participated in. I hope the one you signed up for has a great shirt! What concerns do you have?
  • dstevens19
    dstevens19 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I ran as a teen -- even competed on a track team. But bad knees ended that. I have to stay low impact. Can't do deep squats or lunges and have to wear a knee brace. So annoying. Best of luck to you runners
  • padisneyfour
    Options
    Thanks everybody....:)