Cabin 3 Instructions, chit chat, etc. thread!

Options
15678911»

Replies

• karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I have been doing awful. My back was hurting and the only exercise was my work on the farm Tuesday. Unfortunately I have eating so badly. My MIL is visiting and I have been eating like crap the last few days. I just know I have ruined all my hard work and made myself further behind.

I am sorry to let you down team. I just feel so hopeless right now.
  • Prephred
    Prephred Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have been doing awful. My back was hurting and the only exercise was my work on the farm Tuesday. Unfortunately I have eating so badly. My MIL is visiting and I have been eating like crap the last few days. I just know I have ruined all my hard work and made myself further behind.

I am sorry to hear about your problems with MIL. It very well could be she is sabotaging you unconsciously. Especially if she yo-yo diets. Just hang in there, she will be gone soon and you can get back to being you again.

Speaking of letting you all down. Sorry to you all for not checking in. I haven't been able to sit in front of a monitor for the last week n half and it is driving me nuts! I missed "chatting" and I have been so bad the last week. Not by eating too much but by eating too little. I am soo worried when I get back to eating the right amount of calories, I am going to gain again before losing. I so do not want to do that.

I am not able to be on for long periods of time yet but hopefully that will change.
  • karendee4
    Options

I am sorry to hear about your problems with MIL. It very well could be she is sabotaging you unconsciously. Especially if she yo-yo diets. Just hang in there, she will be gone soon and you can get back to being you again.

Speaking of letting you all down. Sorry to you all for not checking in. I haven't been able to sit in front of a monitor for the last week n half and it is driving me nuts! I missed "chatting" and I have been so bad the last week. Not by eating too much but by eating too little. I am soo worried when I get back to eating the right amount of calories, I am going to gain again before losing. I so do not want to do that.

I am not able to be on for long periods of time yet but hopefully that will change.

You are so right! She does yo yo diet and just came off one a couple months ago. I keep telling her I can't and don't want to eat junk but she offers it to me over and over. After she eats junk she will ask me if I want some. No one else in the house either. Just asks me and other people are in the room.
    I need my house back and that will help a lot!!

Thanks for the nice words.

We understand if you are not on much. it happens. :)
  • Prephred
    Options
    Who hoo Karendee - one more day =)

By the way here's the book review. I don't do apps as I have a dumb phone but it was interesting reading you'alls reports.

Thea Harrison is a really good writer. She has a Elder Races series that pretty neat. She ties some of the happenings in what has really taken place in some of our history. This is the first in the series and was really good.

Dragon Bound
    A Fiery Temper is Not Easily Extinguished

Half-human and half-wyr, Pia Giovanni spent her life keeping a low profile among the wyrkind and avoiding the continuing conflict between them and their Dark Fae enemies. But after being blackmailed into stealing a coin from the hoard of a dragon, Pia finds herself targeted by one of the most powerful–and passionate—of the Elder Races.

As the most feared and respected of the wyrkind, Dragos Cuelebre cannot believe someone had the audacity to steal from him, much less succeed. And when he catches the thief, Dragos spares her life, claiming her as his own to further explore the desire they’ve ignited in one another.
  • karendee4
    Options
    Last day with a visitor in my home. Only a couple hours left. It will be back to normal soon. :)

I was offered a job this week. I will be a Kindergarten Teacher starting this week. YEAH. I will see how well I can use MFP and work a new job.

I also have to eat the food the kids eat. This position has a daycare too so they follow the federal/gov eating program and teachers are asked to show the kids good eating habits. I hope they cook healthy like they said they do. (last summer I worked at a daycare and they said they cooked healthy but it was full of cheese, fat and all canned fruits and veggies. YUCK)

it will be a harder job since it is a Kindergarten class in a daycare but the job is needed by our family. Maybe now I can afford even more delicious healthy food for my family? that is a good thing.

I hope everyone is doing well. I am doing the cardio challenge today. I missed a few days because I hurt my back last Sunday.
  • karendee4
    Options
    My MIL is gone and I can feel some stress gone too. I don't have to worry about a visitor and I can be comfortable at home.

I hope everyone is doing well. I start a new job this week. Monday I go do paperwork and get all ready. I am so nervous but excited too. It is not my ideal job but it will help our family so much to have 2 incomes. ;)
  • Prephred
    Options
    WhooHoooo! Congrats on MIL being gone. Also Congrats on the new job!
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the week to come is a fresh start all around!
  • SavvyGurl0528
    SavvyGurl0528 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Have missed you all a bunch. Been popping in here and there, but not for long periods. I want my life back to normal, but changes just keep happening. I have no control and I really am uncomfortable with that.

Karen, I am so happy for you that your MIL is gone! And that you have your house back. I am sorry to say this, but she is a rude woman. She was a guest in your house and she made you feel uncomfortable. I am so sorry she makes you feel like that. I hope she doesn't visit too often!

This is our last week for NMCP, but I want to continue on in some way with you guys. I know we will stay friends on MFP, but I kind of like this "group chatter" format. Maybe we can stay joined here or else create a new, closed group for our occasional visits. What do you all think?

Well, better get back to work! Have a great day!!
  • karendee4
    Options
    I will come by at chat some too. I like having somewhere to post once in a while. I might be busy the next few weeks though.

I am very tired today so not much to post. I have been waking up very early and I wish I was sleeping better.

My MIL was rude while here. I was so upset because I told her I have binge eating problems. She made it worse. However I am most angry at myself for eating badly and letting the stress get to me. I should have found other ways to deal with stress. I ate and now I am heavier and have more weight to re-lose.
  • SavvyGurl0528
    SavvyGurl0528 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I just need to rant / get this off my shoulders! I am frustrated, to say the least.

I am so weary of this "weight loss/life style change" game I am playing. Eat more, eat less, lift weights, don't do cardio, eat protein, reduce salt intake, don't pay attention to the scale!!!! It's driving me CRAZY!

When I started on MFP, almost a year ago, I started consuming 1200 calories and eating back my exercise calories. Sure, it was difficult at first, but I managed to adapt to that calorie intake and learned that if I increased my exercise, I could eat more. It was working. I went from 220 to 185 (35 lbs) in about 6 months, about 1.5 pounds per week.

Of course, through this time, I was reading a lot on MFP about eating more, heavy lifting, starvation mode, you know the drill. Stuff we have all read! At 185, I hit a roadblock and stopped losing for about 2 - 3 weeks. I was sure (after reading all this stuff) that I was not doing things right, so I learned my BMI, BMR, TDEE, (all the acronyms) and began eating (or guessing) at TDEE - 20%. I tried it at Sedentary, eating my exercise calories. Weight fluctuated up and down, but nothing held. I tried TDEE - 20% Lightly Active and not eating exercise calories, same thing. I was told (by the ones who wrote about TDEE) that I was not eating enough, so upped my calories some more, same thing. I did, very slowly, get down to 179 lbs (hooray) for a very short time.

But then I started lifting weights. At the advise of another guru, I increased calories to 1900 (I am 5'11" tall), not eating back exercise calories. This was July 23rd (I was at 179 lbs), and since then, I have crept up to 190. I had TOM about a week ago, which I attributed some of the gain to, but definitely not all of it. I also had fair week where I made some bad choices, but did not go over and I also worked my butt off in the concession stand as well as kept up with my lifting.

Last week, I lowered my calories back down to 1700. I weighed, measured, logged everything (I usually do) and took the week off lifting. I managed to lower my weight from 190 to 187 (probably took off water weight) and thought maybe I was on the right track back down. Well today, I stepped on the scales and jumped from 187 to 189! WTH? I just can't take it anymore!

I am seriously thinking of going back down to 1200 to 1400 calories and eating back my exercise calories. I love lifting, but am not happy with my results so far (weight gain plus gained about 1" around my waist and hips), so I am thinking of giving that up, too. I know everyone says to forget the scale and measure, but how else are we supposed to stop a train wreck if we don't monitor things now and then. I have also read, give it time, but how much time? That was over 10 lbs gained in less than a month and I WASN"T EVEN ENJOYING MYSELF!! They say one pound is 3500 calories, so I would have had to consume my TDEE daily (approx 2400 per day) plus 3500 per pound, which I know I did not do!

Okay, thanks for letting me vent. Not sure what the answer is. Just going to hang on for a while.
  • karendee4
    Options
    I just need to rant / get this off my shoulders! I am frustrated, to say the least.

I am so weary of this "weight loss/life style change" game I am playing. Eat more, eat less, lift weights, don't do cardio, eat protein, reduce salt intake, don't pay attention to the scale!!!! It's driving me CRAZY!

When I started on MFP, almost a year ago, I started consuming 1200 calories and eating back my exercise calories. Sure, it was difficult at first, but I managed to adapt to that calorie intake and learned that if I increased my exercise, I could eat more. It was working. I went from 220 to 185 (35 lbs) in about 6 months, about 1.5 pounds per week.

Of course, through this time, I was reading a lot on MFP about eating more, heavy lifting, starvation mode, you know the drill. Stuff we have all read! At 185, I hit a roadblock and stopped losing for about 2 - 3 weeks. I was sure (after reading all this stuff) that I was not doing things right, so I learned my BMI, BMR, TDEE, (all the acronyms) and began eating (or guessing) at TDEE - 20%. I tried it at Sedentary, eating my exercise calories. Weight fluctuated up and down, but nothing held. I tried TDEE - 20% Lightly Active and not eating exercise calories, same thing. I was told (by the ones who wrote about TDEE) that I was not eating enough, so upped my calories some more, same thing. I did, very slowly, get down to 179 lbs (hooray) for a very short time.

But then I started lifting weights. At the advise of another guru, I increased calories to 1900 (I am 5'11" tall), not eating back exercise calories. This was July 23rd (I was at 179 lbs), and since then, I have crept up to 190. I had TOM about a week ago, which I attributed some of the gain to, but definitely not all of it. I also had fair week where I made some bad choices, but did not go over and I also worked my butt off in the concession stand as well as kept up with my lifting.

Last week, I lowered my calories back down to 1700. I weighed, measured, logged everything (I usually do) and took the week off lifting. I managed to lower my weight from 190 to 187 (probably took off water weight) and thought maybe I was on the right track back down. Well today, I stepped on the scales and jumped from 187 to 189! WTH? I just can't take it anymore!

I am seriously thinking of going back down to 1200 to 1400 calories and eating back my exercise calories. I love lifting, but am not happy with my results so far (weight gain plus gained about 1" around my waist and hips), so I am thinking of giving that up, too. I know everyone says to forget the scale and measure, but how else are we supposed to stop a train wreck if we don't monitor things now and then. I have also read, give it time, but how much time? That was over 10 lbs gained in less than a month and I WASN"T EVEN ENJOYING MYSELF!! They say one pound is 3500 calories, so I would have had to consume my TDEE daily (approx 2400 per day) plus 3500 per pound, which I know I did not do!

Okay, thanks for letting me vent. Not sure what the answer is. Just going to hang on for a while.

I feel your frustration. I have tried all of what you have tried. I have been eating more and not losing well. When I went to 1800 and not eating exercise calories I lost too.

It is so frustrating not to know what to do. I gained 8 pounds with my MIL here. If 3500 calories equals a pound then I would have had to eat 28,000 extra calories for my gain. I seem to gain weight faster than I lose it. for me 3500 does not exactly equal a pound loss either. Some weeks I lose nothing and some I lose a lot.

In the beginning of my weightloss I did a chart in Excel and made a graph. My weight loss graph looked like a mountain with hills and valleys. It helped me see how my weight came off in a pattern.

I have been trying higher calories and just yesterday I lowered them some. I think with exercise I was well over 2200 calories and not losing a bit.
  • Prephred
    Options
    I really like the idea of having a place to "chat and vent". Even though I have not been on long for the last couple of weeks, I miss talking to you all. Can we make up a place to go chat? I would go for that.

I wish I knew what to tell you all about going up and down and changing things up. These last couple of weeks have been messed up for me too. I haven't been exercising like I need too and I haven't been drinking my water. I have got to get back to both. And I have been yo-yoing on the scale too. (been checking that too frequently, fine in the middle of the week, Sunday weigh in not so good.)

Maybe we all need a reset? Go back to what worked for us in the first place and give it a bit, and then make adjustments from there? Everyone's formula seems to be different but we got to be happy doing this or we won't do it.

I know one of my problems has been the water. I am only getting in 4 glasses when I had been drinking 8-12. maybe that's why I have been soo sluggish the last couple of weeks. I just know I got to get back to the system that was working cuz otherwise I will end up too frustrated and quitting on myself and I don't want that.

And to bum it all out, I miscalculated and overate today =(
  • karendee4
    Options
    I really like the idea of having a place to "chat and vent". Even though I have not been on long for the last couple of weeks, I miss talking to you all. Can we make up a place to go chat? I would go for that.

I wish I knew what to tell you all about going up and down and changing things up. These last couple of weeks have been messed up for me too. I haven't been exercising like I need too and I haven't been drinking my water. I have got to get back to both. And I have been yo-yoing on the scale too. (been checking that too frequently, fine in the middle of the week, Sunday weigh in not so good.)

Maybe we all need a reset? Go back to what worked for us in the first place and give it a bit, and then make adjustments from there? Everyone's formula seems to be different but we got to be happy doing this or we won't do it.

I know one of my problems has been the water. I am only getting in 4 glasses when I had been drinking 8-12. maybe that's why I have been soo sluggish the last couple of weeks. I just know I got to get back to the system that was working cuz otherwise I will end up too frustrated and quitting on myself and I don't want that.

And to bum it all out, I miscalculated and overate today =(

A reset is a great idea. I used the TDEE online calc and subtracted 20%. I will now attempt that calorie amount for a while.

I am waiting on background checks and paperwork to begin my new job. I am worried about the food they serve. At daycares teachers are supposed to eat what the kids eat. Sometimes the food is not healthy.
  • karendee4
    Options
    Stopping by to say HI before work!

Have a super day everyone!
  • Prephred
    Options
    Stopping by to say HI before work!

Have a super day everyone!

Good luck with the new job and lunches!

Hey are we going to start a "chat and vent" group? I am sorry I have been out of it for a bit. Migraines have been too bad to be on the computer for more than a minute or two. Miss you all =(