90 DAY HOT FOR THE HOLIDAY CHALLENGE

Options
LisaMfit4life
LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
Hi Everyone. I didn't post a lot of detail about the challenge because I was going to wait a few days, but since I've had such a huge response to this thread I will post details.
Challenge begins on 8/26/13 and ends on 11/25/13. If all goes well and people want to keep it going we can extend it through the new year to give us that little push to get through the christmas holidays.

Here are the requirements for the challenge and remember everyone is welcome.
1. Workout (s) at 3-5 times a week to achieve results. Be sure to post your workout (s) when completed.
2. Use MFP to track activity as well as caloric consumption
3. If not done so already, please send me a friend request on MFP so I can touch base personally with each and every one of you as well as in the group.
4. Set realistic goals for yourself and be willing to understand that this is not a DIET but a LIFESTYLE change.
5. Write down your goals and post them where you can read them everyday, whether it's on the refrigerator, bulletin board, etc. Writing down and posting goals is another key to success.
6. THIS IS PROBABLY THE MOST IMPORTANT!! BE SUPPORTIVE OF ONE ANOTHER, MOTIVATE EACH OTHER, AND MAKE EACH OTHER ACCOUNTABLE. NO CRITIQUING OR CRITICIZING OF ANY MEMBERS OF THE GROUP!!!!
7. GOOD LUCK AND I LOOK FORWARD TO WORKING WITH ALL OF YOU!!!
:smile: :smile:

Replies

• angelh1908
    angelh1908 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. Are we going to post progress along the way? Either weekly or monthly?
  • heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Im in!!
    And I too would like to know if there will be a place to post progress?
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    Hi! Welcome! There is a group already started for the challenge where you will post daily with other challengers. Progress can be posted weekly such as weight loss, inches loss, etc. if you have any questions feel free to ask.
  • heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome! There is a group already started for the challenge where you will post daily with other challengers. Progress can be posted weekly such as weight loss, inches loss, etc. if you have any questions feel free to ask.
    So there is a separate group for for posting daily?
    Im sorry Im new to all this :(
  • momabear_9098
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    My name is Joan and I am new to this and having this challenge is a great way to stay on track. I am older and don't do the extreme workouts. I do go to the gym 3x week. I stopped Weight Watchers and go to Curves. I am looking forward to seeing the changes and staying motivated. Everyone needs help and motivation to strive for their goals. Good Luck everyone and looking forward to see the changes everyone is making.
  • dman17_98
    Options
    Let's Get It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    No I started this new topic to address the questions being asked. If you click on 90 Hot for the holiday challenge you should be able to post in the group. Remember send me a friend request so we can talk if needed to and I can touch base with you personally.
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    90 Day Hot for the Holiday Challenge is under groups so you should be able to post under that.
  • bceltic
    bceltic Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Why the long wait ( August 25th)? haha, ya see I'm excited to get started.
  • kristle00
    kristle00 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    The more and more I think about this challenge the more excited I get :)
  • Tcfranklin
    Options
    Well..I started Sunday so there's no tuning back now! Off to the track..my goal is a combo walk and jog for a good 75 minutes...with me luck!
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    I'm excited too! I wanted to start the challenge at the end of the month to coincide with Thanksgiving. If you've been working out and tracking up to this point just continue to do so and KEEP IT GOING!!!
  • chirosche
    chirosche Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm in! This is perfect. I was just thinking how I should be making some really good progress by the holidays.
  • klyn05
    klyn05 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm in! This is perfect. I was just thinking how I should be making some really good progress by the holidays.

I agree! I have been working out and tracking for the last 1.5-2 months or so, and my main motivator to stick with this and lose the weight has been to be able to be "HOT for the Holiday"!! So this group is perfect for me! :happy:
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,814 Member
    Options
    I`m in- I can make it to the end. Need a good challenge. Been tracking 147 days
  • BluesMnM
    BluesMnM Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!!
  • MyLittleOwl
    MyLittleOwl Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I found this challenge, I think it's just what I need! I'm new to MFP (a few days in now) but I've been planning meals, changing up my pattern of eating, and exercising twice a day - even making it a family event during the nighttime workout. I'm very excited for the holidays now, because I am determined to shed this weight!
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    Hi! I'm so excited because I'm getting such a great response to this challenge. I look forward to all of us facing the holidays looking HOT!!!! Remember this is the beginning of a journey that you will never regret because you are doing this for your health and the rewards you will reap are going to be unbelievable. I also want to let you know that if any of you are on facebook send me a friend request because I have a facebook group that is great and motivating full of individuals working towards the same goals. Being in SHAPE for the holidays is going to be the new NORM!! Everyone have a great evening.
    Below is my facebook link:
    www.facebook.com/lisa.miller.395
    :smile: :smile:
  • shasha83
    Options
    Can't wait to start this challenge.
  • Rae123456
    Rae123456 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is just what I was looking for! I'm hoping to loose close to 40lbs by the end of the year (~20 weeks at -2lbs a week.) I think this challenge will help me keep focused through the next few months.

Anyone feel free to friend me. I'm looking forward to getting started!