Dodged a bullet?

Options
2»

Replies

• monica2410
    monica2410 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    As did she? She was obviously looking for a man to take care of her, and although that is not how I roll, I have nothing against women who search for this in their relationships. You are to be commended for not future faking her so she could find a man that enjoys spending his cash on her. IMHO you both came out winners:flowerforyou:

I do really hope she is happy. It just wasn't going to work out that way for us. My problem was that she would not come out and say she was looking for a man to take care of her. I always got the feeling she was doing a bit of acting to come off as the type of person she assumed I wanted to be with. I honestly wasn't sure, though, and this sort of validates the feelings I had.

Or at least it feels that way. I have all kinds of issues that make me a bad candidate for a relationship, so I'm not judging - I just feel a little better that maybe I didn't leave someone for an imaginary reason.

I lurk in here a lot and have read many of your posts. You seem like a great guy and i agree with AnnaPixie:wink:
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options

I can't see the image. But it's been like this for years. Russian/Thai/Philippine are all marketing themselves as good wives for rich westerners. And I'm sure they are! Some men are quite happy to provide young women this kind of stability in return for ......ahem.......the usual marital obligations? lol

I had a clients buying a kitchen a few weeks back. He, a very well spoken English gent around 50. She, an attractive, slim, Asian 'Princess' (as he kept on calling her), around 25.

Mail order brides is what I say :)
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    What concert?
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Maybe she got pregnant and is now having a shotgun wedding?
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options

Wouldn't be surprised. The first major red flag was when she made a comment about not minding if she got accidentally pregnant. Looking back on this, that is the exact moment I should have ran.
    What concert?

A big music festival, Korn is playing along with a ton of other bands.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options

Wouldn't be surprised. The first major red flag was when she made a comment about not minding if she got accidentally pregnant. Looking back on this, that is the exact moment I should have ran.
    What concert?

A big music festival, Korn is playing along with a ton of other bands.

Side note...I love KORN !!!!!! Everytime I've gone to see them I have not been dissapointed ..Return to normal thread activities now
  • jesusHchris
    Options
    Side note...I love KORN !!!!!! Everytime I've gone to see them I have not been dissapointed ..Return to normal thread activities now

cIgOFb2.jpg?1
  • jesusHchris
    Options
    I lurk in here a lot and have read many of your posts. You seem like a great guy and i agree with AnnaPixie:wink:

Thanks! :)
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options

cIgOFb2.jpg?1

So sick. I also love Korn. They put on an AMAZING show. I saw them with The Deftones. :heart:
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    oh my gosh! i had an incident like this starting in march!!! we went on a couple of dates over about 2 weeks. he was ready to say i love you, move in together and get married!!!! i was like, yeah, NO!

well, two weeks after our last date he CALLS ME to tell me he met a girl, they were in love, he was moving into her place, she was talking about going off the pill to get preggo!!!!!! this was late april-ish very early may i think...... they got engaged middle of july. then a week later he texts me that he has to delete me as a FB friend because she doesn't want him to be friends on FB with girls he dated!!!!!

I told him he needed to delete my phone number too, just to be safe ;-)
    talk about a bullet dodged!

he's happy, and found a girl that was ready to just jump in feet first and worry about the rest of it later. *I* am not that girl. so, it worked out for both of us!!
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Believe the stereotypes. Russian women are hardcore. I spent a few years traveling to Moscow more or less every other week on business. This was many, many years ago, when you could get shot in a hotel lobby for looking at someone the wrong way. Had many encounters with various women, all just totally surreal.

There are always interesting exceptions, but in general, I would avoid a long-term relationship with a Russian. Weekends work, however.

--P
  • jesusHchris
    Options

I wonder if he met my Russian girl. ;)
    There are always interesting exceptions, but in general, I would avoid a long-term relationship with a Russian. Weekends work, however.

Excellent advice. Weekends it is!
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    probably!! ;-)

I wonder if he met my Russian girl. ;)