What is your dream horse?

Options
If you could draw up your most perfect horse - the one of your dreams ~ What would it be? :]

Replies

• belles783
    Options
    Hmmmm... For me, I just love the drafts! I would love to have something the size of a Clydesdale, with the flowing mane, tail and feathered feet of a Gypsy Vanner and the coloring of a Belgian... Kinda just sounds like I want a very overgrown Haffie lol!
  • appygirl84
    appygirl84 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    A buckskin appaloosa... he would have to be out of my mare so that he would have my geldings face (my mare's dad, she looks just like daddy in type, just not color!)

I can see his soft eyes, the blaze Purple had before he roaned out to a leopard, and the black forelock. It would be a short horse, but hopefully 15 hands, stout, and gentle.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    I love big horses! I'd love to have a Friesian to tool around on.
  • Asphaltcowgirlx
    Options
    I've been trying to think of what i'd like. I seriously have so many LOL I guess i'd have to say an Andalusian. I loved Valida so much, I would give a heck of a lot to see her back in her prime. As for color I'm not super picky but if it was my dream it would have to be either black, dun, or cremello. I'd be happy with any three. Bahaha!
  • Healingnutritionsolutions
    Options
    Got her :) Never had a palomino before - and I have owned about 12 horses in my life of various breeds and colors, and even a mule :). I prefer shorter horses, now that I'm older and less limber, plus I'm honestly not all that tall.

Otherwise now I would probably order up an Andalusion or a Paso - and if I chose the color, either another black or a really coppery chestnut... siiighh... it really doesn't matter to me they are all awesome if the personality fits.
  • JediMomof3
    JediMomof3 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    A Friesian, this has always been my dream horse. I think they are just absolutely beautiful and move so elegantly!
  • ReedTf
    ReedTf Posts: 6
    Options
    I rode my dream horse years ago when I was working at a training stable.

He was a gorgeous Half Arabian (Half Morgan/Saddlebred/ Paint) stallion who acted like a giant puppy. I don't know how this lady accomplished this feat, but he was amazing! Beautiful bay tobiano who was big and stout like a paint, with a crested neck, and a perfectly dished face. I wish I had taken more pictures of him when I had the time with him.

I could spend an entire lifetime and never find a horse like him ever again.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,880 Member
    Options
    At my age and given two knee replacements I think I would like to have an Icelandic horse. They are so cute and I think I would love the smooth gait. They are very sturdy little horses and people I have talked to that have them say they are a lot of fun, besides it would make mounting and dismounting easier and that is what I need. Sue
  • appygirl84
    appygirl84 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I found a real horse through a local horse rescue, not my buckskin appaloosa, but it's all good. I think I am going to try and go see her September! I hope they still have her then. =)