Victories ~

Options
2»

Replies

• ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    not good today ...scales show 2 on !! and Ive logged everything... so perfect time to comfort eat eh! my victory will be ending day not doing that hopefully watch this space x

How'd it go!? <3
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Survived the emotional and dramatic re-exit of one of our adult daughters from our house. I didn't kill anyone or myself.

That. Is. A. Victory.
  • aimeelouise79
    aimeelouise79 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    All of these victories are so amazing and inspiring! So proud of everyone here, and motivated to keep pushing so I have my own to post soon! :)
  • tripitena
    Options
    Got our incline dreadmill (yes, I meant dread) back where I can use it today. Where I used to get up to 5 miles in a day, I back at a mile. Oh well. I know if I'm careful I will be back up there again.

Thanks to all of you,not just for your support but for the inspiring calorie burns you do. They have helped me get off my azz again.
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    Survived the emotional and dramatic re-exit of one of our adult daughters from our house. I didn't kill anyone or myself.

That. Is. A. Victory.

Glad you survived it without violence ;)
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    Got our incline dreadmill (yes, I meant dread) back where I can use it today. Where I used to get up to 5 miles in a day, I back at a mile. Oh well. I know if I'm careful I will be back up there again.

Thanks to all of you,not just for your support but for the inspiring calorie burns you do. They have helped me get off my azz again.

Dreadmill! LOL!
    I'm in the same spot. I used to get in 5 miles now I've only been getting 1-2 at the most.

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." - Edwin Louis

“Fall down seven times, get up eight.”

Hang in there all you awesome people!
  • tripitena
    Options

Dreadmill! LOL!
    I'm in the same spot. I used to get in 5 miles now I've only been getting 1-2 at the most.

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." - Edwin Louis

“Fall down seven times, get up eight.”

Hang in there all you awesome people!

Great quotes. I might change that to "fall down seven times, crawl the rest of the way". Just so I get there!

Limped off 350 calories on the dread today, on top of 60 some from walking outside. Took advice of a friend to take vicodin BEFORE walking rather than later when the pain set in. It sure helped.
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    Wow! Thats a great burn .

Crawl the rest of the way - lol :)

Do you use a heart rate monitor?
  • MTGirl4Life
    MTGirl4Life Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Over the past 2 weeks, I have exercised (cardio/weights) 12 out of 14 days!!! Before that, I was doing it 1 to 2 days per week. Another victory happened today when I bought my first pair of new jeans in 4 or 5 years (for the past two years, I have been wearing the same two pairs of jeans that I bought at a used store; not buying new ones because I have been "hoping" to lose weight, and I was not going to buy pants that were one more size up from the ones I bought 4 or 5 years ago). Today I bought a pair of Levi's 505 jeans in a slightly tight size 8 (the 10's were a bit too loose knowing that I will be losing additional weight). On Dec. 28, 2012, I was wearing a VERY tight size 14 Lee's.
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    Over the past 2 weeks, I have exercised (cardio/weights) 12 out of 14 days!!! Before that, I was doing it 1 to 2 days per week. Another victory happened today when I bought my first pair of new jeans in 4 or 5 years (for the past two years, I have been wearing the same two pairs of jeans that I bought at a used store; not buying new ones because I have been "hoping" to lose weight, and I was not going to buy pants that were one more size up from the ones I bought 4 or 5 years ago). Today I bought a pair of Levi's 505 jeans in a slightly tight size 8 (the 10's were a bit too loose knowing that I will be losing additional weight). On Dec. 28, 2012, I was wearing a VERY tight size 14 Lee's.

You go girl!!! Wow, that's awesome! How much weight have you lost since Dec? I bet you're proud... :flowerforyou:

:)<3
  • MTGirl4Life
    MTGirl4Life Posts: 84 Member
    Options

You go girl!!! Wow, that's awesome! How much weight have you lost since Dec? I bet you're proud... :flowerforyou:

Thank you. I have lost 23 lbs, and at the time of the post above, I had lost about 11.5 inches in my abs (which is almost 4 inches in each of the following areas: hips, waist, abs. Yes, I am very proud. The last time I was this size was around 1996 or 1997. Thank you for commenting!!!
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options

Thank you. I have lost 23 lbs, and at the time of the post above, I had lost about 11.5 inches in my abs (which is almost 4 inches in each of the following areas: hips, waist, abs. Yes, I am very proud. The last time I was this size was around 1996 or 1997. Thank you for commenting!!!

You're welcome. I really am happy for you!! :flowerforyou:
  • aimeelouise79
    aimeelouise79 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Today I was just sat down looking through all the work I still have left to do before my deadlines in three weeks, and was feeling absolutely overwhelmed (deadlines have been a major trigger for me in the past). I caught myself thinking 'You know Aimee, it would probably be okay if you did need to eat whole bags of kettle chips and giant bars of chocolate and whole tubs of ice cream and meals from Dominos that should feed four people now...after all, you've come this far, and if it helps you make the deadline then it really doesn't matter'.... And then I realised. It WON'T help. These next three weeks are going to suck exactly the same amount whether I binge or whether I don't. A ton of junk won't help me make my goals, good, regular nutrition like I've been putting in my body so far will.

Now, that's not to say it still won't end up happening...this is, after all, a long and challenging road. But that's the first time I've been able to tell myself that the food won't make it any better, and GENUINELY BELIEVE IT.

So that, for me, is a little victory :)
    Have a great and successful Friday everyone <3
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    Today I was just sat down looking through all the work I still have left to do before my deadlines in three weeks, and was feeling absolutely overwhelmed (deadlines have been a major trigger for me in the past). I caught myself thinking 'You know Aimee, it would probably be okay if you did need to eat whole bags of kettle chips and giant bars of chocolate and whole tubs of ice cream and meals from Dominos that should feed four people now...after all, you've come this far, and if it helps you make the deadline then it really doesn't matter'.... And then I realised. It WON'T help. These next three weeks are going to suck exactly the same amount whether I binge or whether I don't. A ton of junk won't help me make my goals, good, regular nutrition like I've been putting in my body so far will.

Now, that's not to say it still won't end up happening...this is, after all, a long and challenging road. But that's the first time I've been able to tell myself that the food won't make it any better, and GENUINELY BELIEVE IT.

So that, for me, is a little victory :)
    Have a great and successful Friday everyone <3

AMAZING!! Kudos to you for coming here and sharing hope/success with us. The mind is a very large battle when dealing with emotional eating. Even if you do slip in the future this is nice progress; something you mentioned not thinking before! <3

:flowerforyou:
  • Victory today is I have not over eaten in 5 days tom will make 6 I've lost 7 lbs. this is my victory daily not to engage in anything that would bring harm to my spirit body or soul ..
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    Victory today is I have not over eaten in 5 days tom will make 6 I've lost 7 lbs. this is my victory daily not to engage in anything that would bring harm to my spirit body or soul ..

Praise God! You're doing fantastic
  • SJLS2013
    SJLS2013 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    After a stressful day at work yesterday and ending up in tears twice, I didn't over eat. In fact I was under my calories goal for the day, this would have been unheard of a few weeks ago.
  • AngieEmJay
    AngieEmJay Posts: 13
    Options
    Last night while watching television, I did NOT eat the two bowls of cereal I sometimes have in the evenings after dinner. I did reach for the box, but told myself no. I'm not eating because I'm hungry, I wanted to eat because I was bored.

Win for me!
  • tripitena
    Options
    Many things going on. Haven't been keeping disciplined as I should. Lost 2 pounds though and am 9 lbs away from where I was in January or so. Not able exercise lately, add that to the steroids and it's a wonder I haven't gained another me.2 pounds is 2 pounds.
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    You're all doing wonderful. Nice to see what you've accomplished. :)