Bummer

Options
Today was a total disaster...started off bad in the morning and went downhill from there..I totally blew my eating habits
today. :cry: However, I am NOT going to let it ruin the good work so far..I just needed to vent a little tonight...thanks for
listening friends...:embarassed:

Replies

• belladiva47
    belladiva47 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you how many times I blew it here. There were days when I didn't post because all I did was eat pizza all day. And last month for my birthday my friends brought over 11 pints of different kinds of Ben and Jerry's ice cream. And yes I ate all of them in one week. This is a process and it takes awhile to adjust. It also took me some time to be honest with myself and my diary. So be proud of yourself because you were able to fess up. I am so glad that you are here and if you stick with it you will succeed. And your friends will be here for you even when you blow it royal. :smile: Ann
  • rbeckner711
    rbeckner711 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    There will be days like this. You just have to dust yourself off and get back to it! :flowerforyou:
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Awe yes, I know this one all too well, actually blowing it and I are great friends. LOL I too hate those days, but, I remind myself, that YES, I actually recognize them. That is a plus. Good for you for fessing up and this is the perfect place to do so!
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I know all about eating too much, and not just once either. (LOL) Changing habits, losing weight, and getting healthy is a very long journey and we all get lost along the way some days. Just remember that it's okay as long as you find your way back. It sounds like you recognized what happened and plan to make a change. That's the important part. Stay with it and keep trying. You can, and will, do it!
  • sspahn49
    sspahn49 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have been at this for 16 months and yes, I too have blown it many times. The girls are all correct, the key is climbing back in the saddle, dusting off and getting back on track. I think sometimes in order not to feel deprived we need a cheat day. I quit smoking 1 yr before I started this diet and really struggled with what I perceived as deprivation. I do not feel that way any more, at least on most days. The benefits far outweigh the obstacles. So forget it, do not beat yourself up and get logging.
  • angiewf
    angiewf Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Just draw a line and start fresh, don't beat yourself up. We're only human!
  • Joe_Atlanta
    Joe_Atlanta Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sh** happens. I've been traveling and although my intentions have been good, the combination of being tired, bored and the ready availability of crap food has lead to some bad days.

That's OK. I know as long as I don't give up, I don't fail. Persistence and commitment will overcome any temporary setbacks.