Week 1 progress: how are you all getting on?

Options
13»

Replies

• tracym22
    tracym22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hey, thanks! Yes she is gorgeous! Her name is Summer and she's 6 months old :love: I love her
  • Gianna44
    Gianna44 Posts: 124
    Options
    I lost 2.4 lbs this round. Today I complete fast day #2 at noon. If I can keep this up I will be at my goal weight by the end of the year and that is exciting to think about!

Congrats - great work!
  • tracym22
    Options
    I'm fasting today, just had green tea so far. I'm a little confused. Should i not eat all day and only have one meal for 500 calories? Will it affect my weightloss if i spread them throughout the day?
  • lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm fasting today, just had green tea so far. I'm a little confused. Should i not eat all day and only have one meal for 500 calories? Will it affect my weightloss if i spread them throughout the day?

It is up to you and depends what feels the easiest. The studies show that leaving the longest amount of time without eating is the most effective. So that would mean 1 meal a day, but the difference in weight loss is minimal to be honest and it is all about finding a way that you can do longterm. Just eating 1 meal is difficult, so don't worry about it too much. Find whatever works for you.

Well done to all the losses! I'm hoping for a pound or more at the weekend!
  • tracym22
    Options
    Thanks Lizz. I still haven't eaten yet, thought i'd leave it until i absolutely had to eat something. Just shows i eat according to the time, breakfast time, lunch-time etc rather than due to hunger.
  • lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lizz. I still haven't eaten yet, thought i'd leave it until i absolutely had to eat something. Just shows i eat according to the time, breakfast time, lunch-time etc rather than due to hunger.

Me too! I'll find absolutely any excuse to eat. I've realised that on Fast Days if I cut out breakfast then I save on those extra calories that I don't really want. Unless I go to the gym, in which case I need them! So I've tried that today and just had a satsuma and coffee and I'll wait until I'm properly hungry to eat later. Want to be nice and skinny for my weigh in tomorrow!
  • tracym22
    Options
    I weighed in this morning. I lost 5lb and 1inch off my waist, in my first week! So pleased:happy: I know it will slow down now but was a great motivation boost!
    Good luck to you Lizz
  • lyndyloolaa
    lyndyloolaa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm having a fast day today and a friend decided she wanted to meet up - in itself not a problem. Then she suggested lunch at Wagamama which is one of my favourite places. Well, we went and I sat there and had nothing but sparkling mineral water!!! Feeling very smug right about now hehe. Just had to share it with you lovely people! x
  • katdell
    katdell Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my first fast day and I stuck to 500 calories exactly!! I didnt have any breakfast.. for lunch I had a big bowl of porridge with raspberries and blueberries, a small apple in the afternoon and for tea I had veggie chilli with cauliflower rice! I was amazed how good a day it was!
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Restarted this week! Anyone else out there?!
    Progress at end of week one: 6lbs loss!