succes stories of hypo people (weight loss)

Options
Rai007
Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
so we all are here to improve our health and achieve are goals.
lets post our progresses regarding weight loss here in this group.

u did it through diet or exercise or both
did u do it through some special diet like glutten free or less carbs
did u do the tdee -20 method succesfully that is eat more to weigh less
since when have u started and what has been the pattern of weight loss.

pls i think the information will be useful to all lot people suffering from hypothyroidism.

Replies

• Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i myself did a low calorie diet from dec 2012 to april 2013 and lost from 89kg to 84 kg.
    then i took a break
    and now i have started again from august 2013 at tdee-20
    the only exercise i used to do was walk at 5km/h.
    now hoping for similiar or better results.
  • buildingdreams
    buildingdreams Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I;m losing but its a small amount every week. I am working out doing weights and cardio 6 days a week. I have played with Gluten free and I'm finally convinced I feel much better while going Gluten Free. NO bloating feeling. Feel free to friend me. we can help support each other.
  • Brialychr3
    Brialychr3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am trying not to focus on the scale. I workout out 2x per week with a persnal trainer and then try to get 2 - runs in as well during the week. I have been doing no carbs for about one month, haven't seen any scale changes (hence I put the scale away and I will not look at it for awhile) but I can tell that my body is changing. This past Monday I also gave up sugar (I still eat fruit though) I haven't felt bloated or swollen, I have more energy. The fog is lifting although its still there. I am hypo and currently take .1mg of Synthroid. My diary is open is anyone wants to see. I have been logging better the last week or so. I had to check this morning is there was any progress with eliminating sugar and its seem I am down 1 lb. I put the scale away again, I am not going to bring it out again until Sept 1 - give me strength. I do find with no sugar though my cravings have substantially changed. I still get cravings but they are less now and I can seem to control them.
  • ashleyapplewhite
    ashleyapplewhite Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I follow a vegan plant-based diet. Easiest way for me to maintain my weight (originally lost about 20 pounds eating this way). Never feel tired anymore, or sluggish, and my weight doesn't fluctuate at all. Really recommend it.
  • Skinlessgirl
    Options
    Hi,

I'm on 1200 cal & pilates, spinning x 3 days & some hiking if the weather is nice at the weekend. I've lost 31 pounds so far and still 22 to get to my normal weight. I treat my self once per month for this long distance race & try to eat variety. All happy & much healthier!

Good luck!!!

Keep going!
  • ELEANOR43da
    ELEANOR43da Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I began in June ,I have lost some but all through calorie counting and exercise. Due to other health issues the most I am able to do is walk and some cardio. I just got diagnosed with IBS and have to give up gluten/wheat but am not finding that easy to deal with. I have not gained or lost in the past 2 weeks. I really am in need of support to get me in high gear!!
  • kristers03
    kristers03 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My story is a long one, and I'm not done in this journey yet but I wanted to post for anyone who has been feeling like giving up because its so slow. Here it goes: I have always considered myself overweight and have probably been on a "diet" since the age of 11 or 12. College came and went and of course I put on weight but I was always able to keep my weight around the 200 mark with my yo-you dieting My biggest issues came I was diagnosed with graves disease back in 2009. By that time I had lost probably 35 lbs and gotten to my lowest weight (175) I could remember ever having been at as an adult. (Side note: how depressing is that! I lost a bunch of weight and was so excited to feel thin only to find out that it was caused by a very serious disease that could have really harmed me if ! This stuck in my head for quite a while and I attribute a lot of the weight gain from this type of thinking)

From that point on, my doctor told me to stop working out because my heart rate was through the roof and I was super Hyperthyroid. They put me on a few meds and that didn't regulate it so I was told to do the Radioiodine therapy. This essentially killed my thyroid and since Feb 2010, I have been hypothyroid. Doctors put me on synthroid and my blood tests come back normal now so that is good, but I also picked up some very bad eating habits too. At that point I didn't let my weight get too out of control , only gained about 40 or so lbs ( Weight was around 212 lbs at that point). After getting married in July 2011 I pretty much let the comfort get to me and I gained another 40 lbs or so and that put me at my highest weight of 255lbs by January of 2012.

I joined MFP on January 24,2012 and have been slowly but surely losing since then. I am down 76 lbs as of today(179) and still have about 40 or so left to lose. It has been such a slow process but I haven't given up. I'm not saying I've been perfect in my diet, it wouldn't be taking this long if I have been. I have my treats and slack on my working out more often than I should. But my theory is that if it took me that long (3 years or so) to gain the weight, its not going to be a quick process. My calories right now are at 1200, and I often eat back most of my exercise calories, but I'm not terrified if I am over a bit either. I know that this is a journey that will last a lifetime. For me there isn't an end point. I have my ultimate weight goal, but I always want to know I am eating healthy too!

I know this is long and I never intended it to be so, sorry about that! Writing this, I have realized that this has been pretty helpful for me too. I have been feeling down in the past month or so because the weight loss has been so slow recently. This little post has help me see where I have come from and how close to goal I am at. I hope this helps and thanks to you too!