Don't be shy... Join in.

Hello all, I have noticed that this group has formed a FANTASTIC tight nit of great members. I am proud to say that I feel we are a fantastic group of buddies. What I like most is that we are all going through our weight loss journey together, we share our success and our setbacks, and we encourage each other to be the best we could possibly be.

I just want to let you all know.... The daily challenges are NOT mandatory... They are simply there to help create community in the group and to help us bond and challenge, and support and motivate each other. I have noticed that there are people who are not participating in the groups forums. Everyone... Please feel free to create a topic of your own, or give ideas on what you'd like to see from this group. Although I am the moderator, I am open to ideas of all types. I want you all to have fun when you are participating here, and look forward to visiting the group and socializing with your new buddies daily.

Don't be shy; join in on our discussions and this great group of people that I now call friends. :)

Replies

• slh0307
    slh0307 Posts: 50 Member
    Thanks so much for starting this group Pidge! It is so encouraging to know all these folks have my back and I can support them too.
  • m23prime
    m23prime Posts: 358 Member
    Um....actually...it was Alana, (BoricuaMami57) who assembled this particular band of sisters and brothers. (Thanks Alana!) Pidge (Gnawcraft) is our English Rose and an enthusiastic and motivated participant--just like you!

But your sentiment remains entirely correct BtL618!

You (and everybody else who is nice) are welcome here.
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member

Darn! Does this mean I've been expelled???

:devil: :brokenheart: :sad:
  • m23prime
    August 09, 2013 2:41 pm
    QUOTE:

Darn! Does this mean I've been expelled???

Nope. dward--you are grandfathered in. You and me both got in under the wire before the Nice People Only rule got enforced!

troll troll troll Here troll troll troll...
  • dward and m23... Not only are you 2 "grandfathered" in, you are LIFELONG members, as are many of our fantastic buddies... I always look forward to the things you too post, because you guys ALWAYS have some sort of humor, sarcasm, or wit (or a combo of all those) to add to EVERYTHING you guys post. I LOL a lot reading things here... :laugh:
  • Good morning all!

I just wanted to introduce myself to the group. My name is Zoe and after three months of feeling sorry for myself (being unemployed is really lousy) and eating with extreme abandon, I jumped on the scale and nearly died when I saw the numbers flashing back at me! I decided to do something positive for myself by joining MFP and this group. I look forward to the wonderful encouragement and motivation that this group will offer.

Thank you.

Zoe
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Good morning all!

I just wanted to introduce myself to the group. My name is Zoe and after three months of feeling sorry for myself (being unemployed is really lousy) and eating with extreme abandon, I jumped on the scale and nearly died when I saw the numbers flashing back at me! I decided to do something positive for myself by joining MFP and this group. I look forward to the wonderful encouragement and motivation that this group will offer.

Thank you.

Zoe

Welcome Zoe! Jump right in, the waters here are seldom over ones head. ;-) We look forward to your posting.
  • Good morning all!

Thank you.

Zoe

Welcome to the group Zoe!!!! I'm really happy that you have decided to join our great group! Please feel free to participate as much, or as little, as you like (hopefully you'll like participating a lot). We are a welcoming bunch built up of some really great personalities and unique individuals; yet we all share the same goal (weight loss in the triple digits). Hope you enjoy your new membership! :smile:
  • m23prime
    Hi Zoe!

You don't give a fella much to go on in your profile (and that's just fine), but from what I glean, you can be one of our token "little people"!

And that doesn't make you any less welcome than if you had to halve your body mass to lose (like some us...naming only ME!)

I wish you every success--but it has been my experience, in my brief association with MFP, that it is the active members, the ones who log diligently and share their successes and agonize their shortfalls with their fitness pals on a routine basis that really get the results. So I encourage you to join in!

But I understand completely if you just want to lurk and smirk and do your own thing. We ALL understand.

Cheers!
    m(ark)23
  • hey everyone! i'm jackie. i just found this group. i've been on mfp since july. i had the "sleeve" done on june 11, 2013. i lost 24 lbs before surgery and 58 lbs since surgery=82 lbs lost. now only 136 lbs to go!!!

i love this site. i log in everyday and truly believe i wouldn't have been so successful without it. i go to the gym 3 times a week to walk on the treadmill, swim laps and do an aquacize class.

i am so happy to meet other people facing some of the same challenges and meeting those challenges and conquering them!!!