Hey, Nice to meet you!

Options
Trueray
Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
Give a short introduction of yourself and the goals you would like to achieve :) So we can all understand what you want to accomplish.

Let me begin :)

I am a post secondary student. Like to play sports, workout and watch a lot of Discovery/History channel. Am a very shy person and it prevents me from pursuing goals or activities but hopefully I can build more confidence during my weight loss journey. Have been trying to lose weight ever since I was a child tried crash diets and all you could think off. Also did I mention I am Vegan/Vegetarian, about 14 months strong now and I feel pretty good.

Replies

• RawMomma10
    RawMomma10 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm mom to three amazing kids. Im a freelance natural light photographer in AZ.
    I'm working to get to 18-20% body fat range.
    I'm at 23.5 % right now. I lift 3/4 days a week and do lite cardio occasionally.
    I try to not eat Sugar, bread, pasta, or have alcohol during the week. On the
    Weekends tho I indulge. ;) looking forward to this challenge getting going! :D
  • fitnessbikinimodel
    Options
    I'm the challenge maker! 22 years old and currently having 17% bodyfat. I like to give myself some challenges and was thinking to share them with others so they could do and learn some new things.

Women, if you have questions about how to get your bodyfat down and want tips about food. Don't hesitate to send me a message!
  • enternamehere1
    enternamehere1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm Erica, I'm new here. I am in the process of learning more about nutrition, and I am on a mission to lose 115 pounds. So far its been an interesting journey. I am disabled and trying o get active. I am so glad to meet all of you. Can't wait to get started!
  • terrie001
    terrie001 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Terrie.

I am also new here and looking forward to this adventure!

I am 5'7 and weigh 188 lbs. I hope to eventually lose 28 pounds. My body fat is currently 25%. :(

Lifting free weights and yoga are my preferred exercises. I try and do this 3 times a week.

Best Regards to all of you!

Terrie
  • ilovetoeatsweets
    ilovetoeatsweets Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am a Special Education teacher working with kids with mental illness and developmental disabilities. I will be 40 in 4 days (Whoop-Whoop).
    I use to be ashamed to tell others that I was trying to lose weight, b/c I would be bombarded by questions "have you lost any", or the best one "You look like your losing weight" when you tell them you have been watching what you eat. (and you haven't even lost any). I think some people just don't know what to say when you have been heavy all along and your attempts at other weight loss (WW, JC, pills, etc) have failed. I don't want to be ashamed or embarrassed to talk to others about my goals for myself.
    1. I want to be healthy
    2. I want to graduate college (am currently a grad student).
    3. I want to be a positive role model for my family and others.
    4. I want to be able to see my toes in cute flip flops when I look down. I don't like seeing my belly.
    5. I want to sit in my hair-dressers chair and not look like I have a double chin. I always look bigger in her mirror for some reason.
    6. I want to make healthy choices for myself. When I exercise it's addicting. I live for the feeling it gives me when I have made an extra lap, completed an extra set, or made good food choices for the day.
    7. I want to learn who I am during this transition. I have always seen myself as heavy. I have a warped idea that I am 200 pounds heavier. I want to learn who I am, and what I like and reintroduce myself to the world.
    8. I want to zip-line and ride on roller coasters. I do not want to be afraid that I will get stuck in the ride or break the rope.
    9. I want to wear a bathing suit. I had to borrow one and that was 3 years ago.
    10. I want to RUN a 5K this December.