How much weight have you lost with CTL?

Options
I'm trying to decide what cycle to do, probably will do the Classic; however, I'd like to know what cycle you do, how long you've done it, and your progress so far.

I have both books too and just curious to see what experiences others have had.

Thanks!!

Replies

• mamacita903
    mamacita903 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    HI Tajasi....I have recently started the Classic cycle (have been on and off due to major stressors in my life, but that is a whole other thread :)) I have, however, successfully down the Classic cycle for at least two weeks consistently. While I have 65 lbs to lose to be normal weight I am shooting for 85 (a previous consistent weight). Given that this is how overweight I am and that I have had a mainly healthy diet before starting the Classic cycle I lost typically 3 lbs per week. That was with some skipped cardio sessions. Obviously the more weight you have to lose the more quickly it will come off but I think this plan would work for anyone to lose weight healthfully. I also love that I get to have healthy carbs every breakfast and every other day and be more relaxed on "cheat" Sunday. Honestly, I don't even find myself wanting to "cheat" with foods I thought I would look forward to because, for me, the Classic cycle really has dramatically reduced my cravings and hunger levels. Good luck to you (and to us all)!
  • acahane
    acahane Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have been on the classic cycle for 3 1/2 weeks now and by the end of my 3rd wk I have lost 5lb. I am a 33 year old male, 5' 6" tall and now at 185 lb. So i started this CTL at 190lb.
  • tajasi
    tajasi Posts: 33
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I think I will try the Classic Cycle 1st since I too have alot of weight to lose.....I would be happy with 1-3 lbs a week!

Thanks!
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I lost 52 pounds in about 6 months last year. Since January I've been maintaining, but in June I was in a car accident, and have started to gain back. I'm not up by much, but I'm beginning to not fit my smaller clothes properly anymore, so I need to get back on the bandwagon.

CTL works. Check out my blog for how I did last year if you are curious. But, if you fall off the bandwagon, it is easy to gain again... that is the nature of any eating plan. If you stop the plan, things can go haywire. :)
  • cleenslate
    cleenslate Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Turbo Cycles for the last 7 weeks and I've only lost 5 pounds. I've been 100% true to the workouts and I'm noticing my clothes loosen up but I have about 35 pounds to lose from my 5 foot frame and it's getting frustrating.

Wondering if I should try the Classic Cycle for a while? You know, maybe mix it up.
  • Gearjammer71
    Gearjammer71 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I did the classic for 90 days and lost 37 pounds. I have been following the turbo cycle for the past 60 days and dropped another 48 pounds. I am not following the CTL program to a Tee though. My type 2 diabetes gives me problems if my high carb day, gets too high carby so I stay around 100-120 grams for high carb, then 2 days below 50. I am also not a clean eater by any means... Chris Powell would probably slap me if he read my food diary. lol 85 pounds in 5 months is hard to argue with though. The more weight I lose the more I have to clean it up, due to my ever decreasing BMR, but either way I need to eat the foods that I can see myself eating forever.
  • Gearjammer71
    Gearjammer71 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Turbo Cycles for the last 7 weeks and I've only lost 5 pounds. I've been 100% true to the workouts and I'm noticing my clothes loosen up but I have about 35 pounds to lose from my 5 foot frame and it's getting frustrating.

Wondering if I should try the Classic Cycle for a while? You know, maybe mix it up.

Yeah, you're probably due for a slingshot week. I did it last week when I was on vacation from work, and while I was nervous that I was undoing what I had worked so hard for, I came through it still dropping a few pounds.
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    The more weight I lose the more I have to clean it up, due to my ever decreasing BMR, but either way I need to eat the foods that I can see myself eating forever.

This, is pure gold... and so true! :) WTG on the weight loss so far!