Check in!

Replies

• pkbryant28
    pkbryant28 Posts: 146 Member
    I was able to finish w4d1 today. I had to pause it for a second or 2 to catch my breath during the 5 minute intervals, but only one pause for each 5 minutes and never longer than a second or 2 so no complaints here. :bigsmile:
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    I was able to finish w4d1 today. I had to pause it for a second or 2 to catch my breath during the 5 minute intervals, but only one pause for each 5 minutes and never longer than a second or 2 so no complaints here. :bigsmile:

Well done! I start week four Monday and am a bit nervous about it
  • ktpod1
    ktpod1 Posts: 83 Member
    I just finished W3D3. I covered up my ipod so I couldnt look at how much time left. Running at a very low pace worked for me. I kept my heart rate below 160. The higher the pace, my heart rate goes into 170s and not good. I am actually looking forward to starting W4D1 on monday. 5 minutes sounds like a longtime but I am up for the challenge. (...WAIT., did I just say that...)
  • pkbryant28
    I just finished W3D3. I covered up my ipod so I couldnt look at how much time left. Running at a very low pace worked for me. I kept my heart rate below 160. The higher the pace, my heart rate goes into 170s and not good. I am actually looking forward to starting W4D1 on monday. 5 minutes sounds like a longtime but I am up for the challenge. (...WAIT., did I just say that...)

You can do 5 minutes! We are all here rooting you on!!!
  • tlou5

You can do 5 minutes! We are all here rooting you on!!!

This! I am nervous to start week 4 too. Might just do it tonight after the kids are in bed and get it over with lol. Plus then I can sleep late tomorrow cause I won't have to get up at 5:30 to get it done before the hubs leaves for work. (So he can watch kids)
  • ktpod1
    Tlou - you go girl. Let me know how it is. I cant do mine until after a full day at work and Mondays are no joys. I should plan out my meals tonight so I know I will have the energy to run at 7pm. But right now I have another daunting challenge...filling out the massive amount of paperwork that the school mailed a month ago and the need to turn in on Wednesday...ughhhhh. How many calories is that worth...Ha.
  • pkbryant28
    Completed w4d3 yesterday and will attempt w5d1 this afternoon. The 15th will be here before I know it, got keep my training in a progressive forward motion.
  • ktpod1
    PK keep us posted and let us know how you did!
  • pkbryant28
    PK keep us posted and let us know how you did!

KT, it went surprisingly well tonight, I completed W5D1 without any issues. I know that different people use different C25K programs so for the one I use (Zen Labs) it was warm-up walk 5, run 5, walk 3, run 5, walk 3, run 5, and 5 min cool down. The rest of week 5 is (d2) warm-up, run 8, walk 5, run 8, cool-down and (d3) warm-up, run 20, cool-down :noway: :ohwell:

LOL, after I typed this and posted it I figured out that you were probably referring to keep you updated on the run next month not my daily C25K progress. :happy:
  • tlou5
    Glad you did well! thanks for the update....I have been dreading week 5 as week 4 is soooooo hard!
  • pkbryant28
    Glad you did well! thanks for the update....I have been dreading week 5 as week 4 is soooooo hard!

Surprisingly week 5 so far seems to be easier than week 4. I did not run today making myself have a rest day between runs but I did do 30 minutes on the elliptical, whoo hoo! That made me happy!
  • ktpod1
    PK thanks for the update on your progress. It is good to know everones progress.
  • ktpod1
    PK thanks for the update on your progress. It is good to know everones progress. I am glad to hear that week 5 wasnt so bad.
  • pkbryant28
    I did it, I ran for 20 minutes! Whoo Hoo!:happy: :bigsmile:
  • no_more_weighting
    no_more_weighting Posts: 57 Member
    I did it, I ran for 20 minutes! Whoo Hoo!:happy: :bigsmile:

Awesome job! I hope I'll get to that point soon as well!! :-)
  • pkbryant28
    Just thought I would check in, I just completed w6d3. Only 2 more weeks to go, just in time for my 5K on the 15th. :-)
  • tlou5
    Just thought I would check in, I just completed w6d3. Only 2 more weeks to go, just in time for my 5K on the 15th. :-)

You are doing so well! Congratulations!
  • pkbryant28
    Well I thought I would do a final check in. I did it, I ran the Tunnel to Tower 5K this morning and I finished in 37:48. I am very proud of myself but not as nearly as proud of the firefighters and military personnel who ran in full garb, they were truly an inspiration!
  • ktpod1
    Awesome job pk!
  • tlou5
    Well I thought I would do a final check in. I did it, I ran the Tunnel to Tower 5K this morning and I finished in 37:48. I am very proud of myself but not as nearly as proud of the firefighters and military personnel who ran in full garb, they were truly an inspiration!

Congrats! Excellent job! I have switched to biking til next spring- my feet like it much better. Hopefully I can try the C25K program again in the spring when I am down a few more pounds.