Intermittent Fasting

Options

Replies

• ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Ok, so day one down :D I felt full all day and my energy level was up, I think I managed to get a pretty good days food in also.

I managed a walk with the dogs and while meal two was cooking managed to do 20 mins cross trainer.

Mon is my weigh day so I can see if there is any change, I'm not expecting any till next week but you never no.

Only gripe was this morning around 10 30 I was not hungry as such but felt sick, I decided to change environment so popped to the shop and this seemed to help :O) will see if I get the sick feeling tomoz morning.

Def enjoying this day one, did not really seem like a challenge.

I checked your diary earlier (i posted on your wall thingy :D) - MUCH better in my opinion. Looked great to me.

Don't worry about weight, like obviously, check your weight once a week, but only after 3-4 weeks usually you make adjustments but sometimes weight just doesn't budge for 1-2 weeks then woosh drops off on the scale.

Could not find the post :/ maybe I'm being blind lol.

ritchiebulk Just checked your diary, looking so much better!!! :D
    3 hours ago · Comment

Doesn't matter either way, that's all I wrote, its like the second thing on your profile haha!
  • Mrscaperton
    Options
    Mmm this has got me thinking ;) i work shift and have been really trying to eat light when im on nights, maybe i could pack myself with cals before work and then eat once home in the morning! This could also work for me on days as time for eating is very hard to fit in :)

This has worked great for me, I find it really hard to keep track of all the various needs ie Fat and Protein, but today have got it bang on and feel so full.
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    Mmm this has got me thinking ;) i work shift and have been really trying to eat light when im on nights, maybe i could pack myself with cals before work and then eat once home in the morning! This could also work for me on days as time for eating is very hard to fit in :)

I just enjoy eating two big meals a day, makes my life easier and it removed all hunger issues - let me know how it goes for you if you try it!
  • ZUMBAMomma84
    Options
    So I would just divide my total cals in half...half at 12 and half at 6pm?
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    So I would just divide my total cals in half...half at 12 and half at 6pm?

That's what I do! Personal preference. could do 75/25 if you wanted. I just prefer 50/50!
  • Traveezy
    Traveezy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    so say it would be kinda hard for me to take that much food to work and eat it on a lunch break, it would be ok to work all day then come home and have a big meal at say 4pm then another right before bed like 10pm?
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    so say it would be kinda hard for me to take that much food to work and eat it on a lunch break, it would be ok to work all day then come home and have a big meal at say 4pm then another right before bed like 10pm?

Yep if thats what you wanted to do, that'd be fine. Depends if you feel you can go through work without food!
  • Traveezy
    Options
    well I skip lunch at work all the time.. but I usually have breakfast, guess Ill just have to try and see. another question, so looking at the 1g per lb and the .4g per lb numbers you gave, pretty much ill be starting off high protein and high fat and low carb, as I lose weight it will slowly change to being lower protein and fat and higher carbs? am I seeing this right? is that the general idea?
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    well I skip lunch at work all the time.. but I usually have breakfast, guess Ill just have to try and see. another question, so looking at the 1g per lb and the .4g per lb numbers you gave, pretty much ill be starting off high protein and high fat and low carb, as I lose weight it will slowly change to being lower protein and fat and higher carbs? am I seeing this right? is that the general idea?

Give me your current weight, height and age - I can manipulate the numbers a bit due to your bodyweight as I assume the protein is really high, so I can change that around a bit for you - I hate low carb diets, so I know what you're experiencing - but yes if you were fine WITH low carb you would do what you suggested - but you're a bloke who wants to lift weights, and i personally dont believe in low carb diets if you can avoid it.

So yeah, gimme your stats and i'll have a go
  • Traveezy
    Options
    yeah cause I just checked it out on iifym and id have to do like 44g of carbs a day <-- hard to do, 27yo, 5'7", 196lbs
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    Depending on how much you train, this would be a bare minimum you'd have to eat:

1861 calories
    93g carbs
    196 protein
    78g fat

that's with 1g of protein per bodyweight - you could definitely change the protein to 0.82 though, which ill do now:

1861 calories
    128g carbs
    160g protein
    78g fat

i would personal;ly go with that second set ive given you, that is -15% on TDEE - I'd try this for 3 weeks, track the scale once a week under the same conditions.
  • Traveezy
    Options
    that's quite a bit higher then MFP put my calories at. the difference between the 2 u showed me is the top being 1g and the bottom being .82 grams?
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    that's quite a bit higher then MFP put my calories at. the difference between the 2 u showed me is the top being 1g and the bottom being .82 grams?

MFP is a bad indicator of calculations because it expects you to eat calories back, it's ****ing stupid :D

Bottom one is .82 grams yeah!
  • Traveezy
    Options
    CARBS PROTEIN FAT FIBER CALORIES
    GRAMS per day 100.6 160.7 78.4 39 - 49 1751
    GRAMS per meal 50.3 80.4 39.2 20 - 25

I think this is doable.. what do you think. I just lowered the calories a little bit.. went a little more aggressive.
  • Traveezy
    Options
    that looks funny... it will be carbs 100, protein 160 and fat 78 for about 1750 calories a day
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    CARBS PROTEIN FAT FIBER CALORIES
    GRAMS per day 100.6 160.7 78.4 39 - 49 1751
    GRAMS per meal 50.3 80.4 39.2 20 - 25

I think this is doable.. what do you think. I just lowered the calories a little bit.. went a little more aggressive.

I would still go with the option I gave you (the second one) - not only will you perform better in lifts, slow and steady wins the race.

What happens when you go too aggressive? When you stall and your BMR changes you have to lower calories, again, and again, and again, so what happens if/when you get to 1200 calories a day? It makes no sense to go lower than I've said - I made that mistake and paid for it.

There is no way you'll gain fat during this time period, even if it was maintenance, so it doesn't matter - tracking for 3-4 weeks is worth while at the calories i gave you, no negatives can appear.
  • Traveezy
    Options
    alright man, I'm taking your word for it, even though slow and steady is not my style at all. but ill go with your option.. bout to customize my diary right now.
  • Traveezy
    Options
    here is a problem I never thought I would have.. Ive bought so much low fat and fat free stuff lately im having a hard time getting all those fat grams in
  • xxhawk68xx
    xxhawk68xx Posts: 60 Member
    Options

I just enjoy eating two big meals a day, makes my life easier and it removed all hunger issues - let me know how it goes for you if you try it!

So i did lots of thinking and this actually fits in well with 2 of my shift weeks but litte unsure about my day week. Anyway i have decided to give a go, this week im on afternoons so i have just packed in me a 700 cal brunch:noway: god it was hard and i feel stuffed!! The crazy thing is i hit all my macros nearly spot on how crazy is that **** :)
    Next meal i will prepare and take with me and eat around 5 pm

Will give you a update later :)
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    here is a problem I never thought I would have.. Ive bought so much low fat and fat free stuff lately im having a hard time getting all those fat grams in

Peanut Butter, Cheese, Almonds, Bacon