Unfriending a friend

Options
belladiva47
belladiva47 Posts: 44 Member
I'm not comfortable doing this. In fact today is the first time for me. I don't have many friends here but the ones I have are very important to me. I believe in quality over quantity. I do my best to support people and it's nice to have the support returned. I have no problems with someone telling me I'm on the wrong track. Constructive criticism is always welcome. And I have never been insulted here as the group of people who I am friends with are all gracious, kind, and genuinely caring. Maybe it's because we're all in the same generation and at this point in life we know better.
The person I unfriended was not that young and asking for help. I thought that with positive interaction we could help each other. But it was pretty much one sided. It's as someone else said here "to have a friend, be a friend". But not responding at all to a question, and not allowing friends to see your diary and not showing any kind of interaction, well, you certainly don't need me. And I don't really need you. When I checked her profile she was interacting with others but all the friends were quite young. I have friends here who have a closed diary. No problem, they still participate and are important to me. I have a friend who never responds or interacts with me. And I have learned to shut up and not make any comments there. But I have access to their diary and it's a valuable tool to learn from. So I am grateful for this friend also.
Don't know what kind of response I am looking for. I just felt uncomfortable doing this, like I let someone down so I thought I would share.

Replies

• californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I had to let a few of my "pals" go also. There are some on here that treat this like facebook and are just piling up pals. No comments ever from them. Now as for me, I don't need comments each day about my diary, it is not the best diary on here, and I don't need comments about my exercise. The time I really want them is when I post something extra!

I am glad that I am not the one that got unfriended. I would have missed you Ann.
  • belladiva47
    Options
    Caligirl, you're the first one I looked for when I came back.:flowerforyou:
  • sarahthin
    sarahthin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Glad it wasn't me. You have been a big help to me lately.Sometimes I'm a ittle down and need your wisdom to get back with it.
  • belladiva47
    Options
    Thank you Sarah, You've been a friend to me also:smile:
  • southerngramma
    Options
    I certainly hope I wasn't the one you unfriended. I'm still learning my way around and getting used to watching what I eat , not to
    mention having to put down what I eat. Makes cheating just a tad embarrassing to me..ehhehehehhe. More for myself than
    anyone else. I hope we can all help each other out...:bigsmile:
  • belladiva47
    Options
    Dear Friends, just as an FYI. You can look on my profile page and see if you're still there. It is heartwarming to know that you care . And Southerngramm I am proud to call you my friend.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    I think the first time you unfriend someone is the worst. I have had to do it a few times and there are people at the moment that I need to unfriend but I still hate doing it.

I will get round to it one day soon but I still always feel guilty.

Most of the people I have unfriended probably wont even know I have gone. They seem to have too many friends for my liking. The ones I have at the moment are wonderful and I appreciate everyone of them and I wouldn't be where I am without them. The others are not needed, just to be a name on a list.

So, don't feel bad. It is just the internet with all its flaws.
  • belladiva47
    Options
    Thank you everybody for your support. You brought a smile to my face. :bigsmile:
  • southerngramma
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • mombolongo
    Options
    Glad I'm still here....I'm not always on lately cause I'm back to work but the few friends I have I cherish and Ann you're one of them......FRIENDS ARE LIKE FLOWERS AND I PICK YOU.... :flowerforyou:
  • belladiva47
    Options
    Thank you Carol, I am very happy to have a friendship with you. I've learned a number of things from you and I find you to be very down to earth and a pleasure to interact with.:bigsmile:
  • dianefisher47
    dianefisher47 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I also unfriend some people who do not encourage or who I see are not serious. This is a support program for those who want to lose weight and support each other. I am not always a clean eater as I seldom have veggies but I try, I have a hard time supporting negative comments for my eating not to clean. I take certain medication where I can not greens so I keep trying anyways..take care:wink: