Stage 3 & 5

Options

Replies

• chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    That's true. Those overhead squats are just soooo awkward. My shoulders must not be flexible at all. They are SO hard for me
  • phizzylizzy
    phizzylizzy Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I like to call those overhead squats "the panty dropper". They are awkward as hell but they do get easier! I'm kind of looking forward to doing them again now that I'm done with Stage 4.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I like to call those overhead squats "the panty dropper". They are awkward as hell but they do get easier! I'm kind of looking forward to doing them again now that I'm done with Stage 4.

:laugh:
  • sclaibo
    sclaibo Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Did 3A1 yesterday! Man, I hope that it was 2 hours because it was my first time. Really it was like 1:45. I hate how the rests are so long, but I am sure that it is necessary. You guys weren't kidding about the BWM. I did my first one in 3:37, but somehow I was able to do the 2nd one in more than a minute less! My legs are definitely paying for it today. Last nite, I couldn't even feel my legs when it was over! But I loved the feeling! I agree that the overhead squats are awkward. Hopefully, it will get better. I will say that I think that this stage has been easier on my back as the squats and deadlifts are different and not as heavy.
  • VickiG36
    VickiG36 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Just two workouts left and then I'm on to Stage 4.

P.S. Hate YTWL's
  • chuckles9189
    Options
    I have the weirdest love/hate relationship with YWTLs by the last set I tell myself I'm only going to do 2 reps because my arms are on fire (the T is the worst) but I always do 6. They burn so gooD!

after a little hiatus from being out of town i finished 3b2 today. 4 workouts til stage 4.
  • runzalot81
    Options
    Does anyone else feel like Workout B is a waste of time. I'll be glad when I'm done with it.

I hate YTWL's too. I don't have a bench so I just do them the best I can standing up. It just feels silly.
  • chuckles9189
    Options
    @runzalot--- I feel similar. Especially because the only way to do back extensions in my gym is to use the machine, which I hate and never feel anything.
    I feel like the workouts in the last two stages are very uneven. Like in stage 2-- why was the HIIT after workout B when I could barely make it up the stairs after workout b! and workout A i left skipping practically. Weird.
  • runzalot81
    Options
    I agree about the workout being "uneven", Chuckles. I'm swearing by the time I get to the Body Matrix :laugh:
  • VickiG36
    Options
    One more workout left then on to Stage 4.
  • sclaibo
    Options
    I must've been killing it in my workout yesterday in 3B. My abs are killing me today, but in a good way. Haven't felt my abs working like this in a LONG time!
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I did 3B last night for the first time and I hate YTWL. It didn't help that I was only doing YTW asI didn't turn the page and missed the L. They just feel silly and I confess to a tiny tantrum where I only did two sets, chucked the weights down and stomped off. May have to watch that video
  • runzalot81
    Options
    I did 3B last night for the first time and I hate YTWL. It didn't help that I was only doing YTW asI didn't turn the page and missed the L. They just feel silly and I confess to a tiny tantrum where I only did two sets, chucked the weights down and stomped off. May have to watch that video
    That's about what I did :laugh:

Yesterday, my session with A was AWFUL. I was swearing half way through and I nearly dropped a weight... had to decrease weights. Didn't finish the last set. And skipped the body weight matrix. Even all that still took me an hour! I was soooo tired.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I quite enjoyed A apart from the BWM. Although I missed the barbell, dumbells dont make me feel as much of a badass
  • VickiG36
    Options
    Finally on to stage 4. I completed Stage 3 last night and I'm not even sore. Are my weights to light or am I that much of a badass???lol.
  • sclaibo
    Options
    Man that BWM is killer! I'm glad that I keep improving on my time though! Under 2min! Woohoo! I dread them, but they are also a great HIIT workout at the end! Just did workout 3 so I only have 1 more in this stage which I will do next week!
  • phizzylizzy
    Options
    I don't know how this wasn't more obvious to me in Stage 3, but now on Stage 5 I have to wonder - does anyone feel that the deadlift rows are all that different from rows? Seem s like I'm doing the same starting exercise for both workouts.
  • chuckles9189
    Options
    @phizzylizzy I always feel a little silly doing those. I also feel like I do NOT look how she does in the book. It seems as though my elbows are sticking out WAY more. No matter what the weight. I never feel like I have proper form, but at the same time I don't know how I could do it any differently.
  • phizzylizzy
    Options
    Chuckles, maybe I'll just have to look at the book and carefully read the descriptions again. I tried to search for some videos on youtube but none of the combined moves were actually considered one move (deadlift and row) - it was all supersets. Either way I work up a sweat in both workouts, and tonight we are doing B and running afterward. I do like HIIT so much more than BWM! :)
  • M00NPYE
    M00NPYE Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm starting stage 3 today! I have dusted off the book to learn the new moves and as I was reading though I realized I totally missed the HIIT portion of stage 2... but I'm ready to start stage 3 tonight... anyone else?