Success story: A year in, at age 65

Options
KathleenC12
KathleenC12 Posts: 64 Member
Joined MFP in August 2012 b/c of very high blood pressure; I'm 5' 9" and weighed just over 195. The bp was my wake-up alarm. Healthy and strong but with history of heart disease and diabetes in family, could no longer hide from the facts.

You can see the loss on my ticker, but what you can't see is my bp, normal, without drugs! Also dropped 3 sizes, great for the vanity, not great for the wallet:laugh: So, anyone past 60 out there wondering "Can I do this?", a resounding YES.

There is no magic and each day is a conscious choice. But the excuse that I was too old, that the weight was unmovable- simply not the way it had to be! I eat to my cals, log everything, move it any way I can for at least 45 min. per day... no magic, and it works.

Very grateful to MFP and the community for this fantastic tool. In July turned 65, officially a "senior" and in better shape than at 50!

Replies

• Dyetcoke1
    Dyetcoke1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Great job! What an inspiration!
  • dschooli
    dschooli Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You ARE an inspiration!
  • gekcsk
    gekcsk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. :flowerforyou: Thank you for sharing. It helps us all to hear these things and remind us that ...YES WE CAN DO THIS EVEN IF WE ARE OVER 60. Congrats to you!!! :drinker: