Back in town...

Options
AnneTanne0
AnneTanne0 Posts: 71 Member
Hello Ladies!
After a 10 day stay in Croatia, I'm back home...

I hoped to be able to run at least twice during our vacation, and although it was rather hot, I succeeded. (Only just twice, but I did it.)
Apart from my running goal (twice in Croatia, and thrice a week during the rest of August), my other goal for this month was maintaining my goal. I didn't weigh-in today (only arrived back home around noon), but I guess I'll have to loose a few kilo's during the remainder of the month. Our hotel was really excellent, but to make matters worse (but not really), the hotel's restaurant was very good as well....
I tried to take a light breakfast, and only eat some yoghurt and fruit for lunch most of the days, but diner....
My scale will tell me the truth tomorrow I guess...

Replies

• ruthlesswr
    ruthlesswr Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I hope you had a wonderful trip. Good for you to get in a couple of runs! I don't think I've ever gone on vacation and managed to do anything like that!
  • OhLeita
    OhLeita Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Happy return! What is it like in Croatia?
  • AnneTanne0
    Options
    We were in Istria, a peninsula in the West of Croatia. It's just opposite Venice, on the other side of the Adriatic, and was under Venetian gouvernment for centuries. You find this influence everywhere in the architecture.
    The Croatian coast is beautiful, with an azure sea and many small bays. We were lucky to find a beautifull and quiet bay near our hotel: many beaches are very crowded.

Away from the coast, there are many medieval towns, often at the top of a hill... So pretty...
    Once I have processed my pictures, I'll post a link to an album ;-)

Temperatures were rather high in the first half of the week (> 35° C / > 95° F), and very humid, but in the second half it was around 30° C / 86° F and with a lower humidity.
  • ruthlesswr
    Options
    Sounds wonderful! I can't wait to see pictures!
  • cybersheel
    cybersheel Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Sounds wonderful - welcome back.
    Good for you running.
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome back, glad you had a fab holiday and so what if you put a couple of kgs on. Sounds like you had a lovely time and Croatia sounds wonderful.

Well done on the running.

Mandy x
  • AnneTanne0
    Options
    I promised some pics...
    There are about 300 in my SmugMug album, so I'll try to show some here...

i-g8LmPVK-M.jpg

i-x8XR87g-M.jpg

i-mnhvpgX-M.jpg

i-jcFxBjQ-M.jpg

i-TrRMKrP-M.jpg

i-KkBVz63-M.jpg

(I hope this works...)
  • SkagitYogini
    SkagitYogini Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous pictures, and what a special vacation! You simply HAVE to enjoy the local cuisine when you travel. You did well be eating a light breakfast and lunches when possible, but it wouldn't be a vacation without a little indulgence!
  • cybersheel
    cybersheel Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    The pictures are beautiful.
    Great way to keep memories.
  • ruthlesswr
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing your pictures! Croatia looks absolutely beautiful!
    Ruth