New Weekly Check-In 8/19 to 8/25

Options
teamryan90
teamryan90 Posts: 359 Member
Today is Week 2 Day 1 of Insanity for me. My shoulder is feeling okay during Insanity. In the morning after waking up each day if feels a little tender like I slept on it all night. It goes away after a few hours each day. It is not painful but will be something I will be asking my doctor about. This week a few more members will be completing Insanity. Great job to you. Great job to Alex who completed Power 90 and lost over 50 pounds. Way to go. Keep up the great work everyone.

Replies

• LCFulmer
    LCFulmer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Vacation is over, time to resume tracking all of my food and back to Insanity (week 1 of Month 2). I decided to repeat this week since I only did one of the workouts and the fit test; the rest of the week I enjoyed the beach while in Ft. Lauderdale. Although I logged in everyday while on vacation, I didn't capture off of what I ate; especially the SWEETS :-). That was intentional though, I was celebrating my anniversary. Everyone have a marvelous Monday. :smile:
  • AngelHeartDemonSoul
    Options
    I start month two today, was sick over the weekend so im glad I can start month two on course.
    I started at 13st 5lb im now 12st 8 lb.
    Im hoping this is the month I start seeing results in inches and the way clothes fit.
    Ive worked hard the past month and time for me to work harder.
    So I hope to see results this time round.
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Still here and still trucking (or more like plodding) through Insanity Month 2. It is brutal but great. I have had low back pain after some of the workouts so I have been spacing them out with Yoga and other stuff in between to recover. Completed Week 2 on Saturday. Took 26 days to do the 1st 14 days of month 2. With Tennis done for the season I plan on Insanity every night to every other night depending on how my back feels. On Core Cardio and Recovery I was able to keep up and do 95% of the exercises. A big improvement even if it was the "recovery" workout.

AngelHeartDem - it is far more intense than Month one: As Shaun T will repeatedly remind you - pace yourself and pay attention to proper form.
  • cassi9879
    cassi9879 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Slim in 6 week 3 - Ramp It Up! I just tried to show a coworker one of the moves and had a shot of pain along with a hip pop! Almost fell over. It wasn't doing that at home LOL.
  • LCFulmer
    LCFulmer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm back in the saddle... did Max Interval Circuit and burned 815 calories.... that's 13 more calories burned than the last time I did the workout which was 1 wk ago. I then followed it up with a green shake... collard greens, spinach, 1 mini-cucumber, 3 oz mini sweet tomatoes, 1 carrot, 1/2 banana with ginger powder (2 tsp), drop of lemon extract and 1/4 cup of silk soy milk. May sound weird but it was good. I blanched the greens to soften them up before blending.
  • Nate0047
    Nate0047 Posts: 105
    Options
    I'm finishing up week 3 of P90X2 today (Tuesday). I got a little off this week because I decided to go play tennis and volleyball a couple of days instead of the X2 routine. I'm going to do one more week of X2 phase 1 before moving on to phase 2.

Nutrition wise, I've decided to go on maintenance calories, which should add 750 cal/day to my diet. I'm not sure I'll be able to hit that target. I simply can't eat that much food any more, but I don't think of that as a bad thing. I'm also trying an experiment changing the ratios of my macronutrients to 35/35/30% carbs/proteins/fat. I'm careful to get all the fat directly from meat, dairy and nuts, and I'm doing my best to eat only whole, unprocessed foods.
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm on Insanity Week 5, Core Cardio & Balance. I find it really funny that my legs were sore this morning, after doing the so-called 1st day of "Recovery Week" workout. I really enjoyed the workout, and it'll be a nice change of pace for this week, especially since I'm still regaining my strength after being ill. Now to psych myself up for the next half of the program, the REAL Insanity, which I'll begin next Monday.

Ryan, glad to hear your shoulder is holding out for you.

LCFulmer, your shake sounds delicious to me!!
  • jessa271
    jessa271 Posts: 67
    Options
    Insanity Week 3, Day 2 for me. Took my 2nd fit test yesterday. Improved in most areas, but got worse in 2 - suicide jumps (which I blame on having done better on all the jumps before them!) and push-up jacks (which i'm fairly certain is because i'm actually doing a real regular push-up instead of barely cracking my elbows and calling it a push-up. I've noticed more definition in my arms, especially my forearms and I've actually discovered tonight that I do, in fact, have triceps under all this flab!

Have really lost my appetite since Saturday, so I'm working out on very little fuel, which I know is slowing me down, but the idea of food just isn't appealing. Does this happen to anyone else? I'm usually ravenous, especially after I workout. Maybe it's starting to sink in how hard I have to work to get it off! Could also be a stomach bug! Anyway, really hoping to see more results and bust through this d*mn plateau!
  • teamryan90
    teamryan90 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Insanity Week 3, Day 2 for me. Took my 2nd fit test yesterday. Improved in most areas, but got worse in 2 - suicide jumps (which I blame on having done better on all the jumps before them!) and push-up jacks (which i'm fairly certain is because i'm actually doing a real regular push-up instead of barely cracking my elbows and calling it a push-up. I've noticed more definition in my arms, especially my forearms and I've actually discovered tonight that I do, in fact, have triceps under all this flab!

Have really lost my appetite since Saturday, so I'm working out on very little fuel, which I know is slowing me down, but the idea of food just isn't appealing. Does this happen to anyone else? I'm usually ravenous, especially after I workout. Maybe it's starting to sink in how hard I have to work to get it off! Could also be a stomach bug! Anyway, really hoping to see more results and bust through this d*mn plateau!

Great job Jessa on your improvements on the 2nd fit test and gaining more definition in your arms.

I have my days where I have no appetite either but the next day I am normally have it back. I listen to my body for the most part and when I am hungry I will eat. I do not force myself to eat if I am not hungry. I eat my calorie goal at least 25 to 26 days a month. Month 2 is where the biggest changes take place since the workouts become harder and longer. You got this.

If you had the stomach flu I hope you are doing better today. Have a great day.
  • salad_tramp
    salad_tramp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Started month 2 of Insanity this week. With the fit test, i was happy to see I got better in each exercise. I've only done 2 of the Max workouts, and now I am starting to feel some slight pain in the knees--so I will have to see if I can keep up 6 days a week Insanity. Hope so!
  • beckyyates
    Options
    I had a great week of 10 minute trainers and I even tried a few T25 workouts. The workouts I did were awesome. I am going to commit to T25 in the Fall for sure. Keep up the great work everyone.