I was in a car accident.

Options
babeinthemoon
babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
Hello everyone. I was in a car accident with my husband and daughter on Thursday evening. My daughter and I walked away with bumps and bruises (after being checked out by the ER). My husband on the other hand is not in good shape. He has many broken ribs, a fractured pelvis, and a nicked spleen that is bleeding. They might end up needing to remove the spleen.

Please pray for us. We are in good spirits, and am very thankful that things were not worse than they were. I'll update when I can.

-Sarah

Replies

• mamacita903
    mamacita903 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I know I am new here and you don't "know" me yet but I am so sorry to hear about this. I will be praying for your husband's and your family's healing. I know this is a very difficult time for you.
  • Circapaleo
    Circapaleo Posts: 114
    Options
    So sorry to hear this. Car accidents can really shake people up even when there aren't serious injuries. I hope your husband heals quickly. :)
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Oh no! Sending healing vibes!
  • babeinthemoon
    Options
    Thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers! I got to bring my husband home today! He is in very much pain, but is walking (with a walker), and is in good spirits. God is good! Please keep us covered in prayers because we have lots of paperwork (legal and otherwise) to deal with now, along with our aches and pains.

-sarah
  • sherrielynn2013
    sherrielynn2013 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear of your accident. I hope your husband is healing well. I just wanted to let you know that I wish you well and that you are missed.
    Take care of yourself and your family :smile:
  • amccord2
    amccord2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I pray that your husband has a speedy recovery. Thank you for all you have done with the group. Take care of your family and yourself.
  • acahane
    acahane Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My thoughts and prayers are with you
  • babeinthemoon
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your prayers and thoughts! We have been making good recovery so far, but it is slower than I'd like.

My husband got out of the hospital 1 week after the accident. He is recovering nicely, and they never did need to do any surgery! We saw Ortho again last week,and his newest x-rays show that his pelvis is healing as it should. It will likely be the end of the year before it is healed completely though. We don't know about the ribs... because unles he is having breathing problems they don't mess with them. The last scan he had before leaving the hospital showed that everything was where it should be, so the assumption that is if he takes it easy, the 13 fractured ribs will heal as they should.

My daughter is doing well! She was cleared for all activity the week after the accident, and i seeing the chiropractor for accident related stuff that could affect her later.

I am doing well. My muscle aches and pains are starting to dissapear, and my wrists are starting to heal. I am an advid knitter, so not being able to knit at all for almost 2 months was pure torture (and had something to do with me falling off the bandwagon). I'm still having headaches if I have to concentrate for too long... but the headaches are being minimized, so I know i'm healing.

I'm still not cleared for exercise though, and I'm too scattered to be doing CTL at the moment. I know what I need to do to get back in, I just need to do it. Aargh. :)

Thanks again!
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Good to hear from you babeinthemoon! You will get back on track when you are ready. Right now you need to concentrate on healing :)
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about the accident. Glad you are all healing. I will keep you in my prayers.