Deleting MFP was a bad idea!

Options
I guess I need MFP! Long story short I joined MFP last year and 6 months later was able to fit back into the cloths already in my closet and feel pretty good about myself on my Hawaiian vacation. When I got back I started work with a new boss and told myself I didn't have time for MFP anymore. Well we all know how that went......I want to fit into those cloths again, I want to feel healthy again, I want to feel sexy again, I like hiking, biking, snowshoeing, zumba(even though I am not good at it), kayaking and anything that means getting outside. I also like to eat and drink wine so its all about portion sizes and I cook for my husband and 21 year old son who both do not have to watch their weight. At 44 I still think I am young and I want to be able to do anything I want. Let me know if you need a MFP friend!

Replies

• artlady44
    Options
    I hear ya! I know what I need to do, but it is hard to focus when the people you live with can eat/drink as much as they want without gaining an ounce. Grrrr! And I agree, at 44 (I'm not quite there yet, but will be in a few weeks), we're still young and have a lot of pep left! So, we can do this. Welcome back!
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    It is tough when you have family to consider along your weight loss journey. My kids are still young (ages 2-12) and impressionable. They all know mom is losing weight by diet and exercise, so that's good. I am concerned that they watch me weighing my food or measuring it out before I eat. I hope that this doesn't have any bad side effects. I've told them that mom needs to know how much of something I am eating so I can log it into the computer. You just don't always know what info their little minds are going to retain :o)

My hubby is also trying to watch what he eats, but he doesn't want to use MFP to track calories - he is just "cutting back" on what he eats and exercising on his days off of work. I'm trying to restrict myself to 1200 calories plus eating back my exercise calories, but it's hard to resist when Mr. "cutting back" is in the kitchen snacking or having a 3rd slice of pizza at dinner, etc. or to get motivated when hubby is flopped on the couch most of the evening watching tv.

Glad you're back to MFP. Let's try to keep each other motivated! BTW, 41 next month :o)
  • Tabytha13
    Tabytha13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi,

For me MFP is a way to keep focused. I've lost focus at the moment - came back from a week's holiday with my family, haven't logged on her or tracked my food and guess what, yep I gained weight :( cross with myself *grrr* I'm not even at my goal weight yet, but I suspect that I'll be a life long member here....

x
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    That happened to me. Did really well last year, about 10lb away from goal weight, but then we started house hunting together, bought one, time spent doing it up, eating without a kitchen, take aways, no time for gym, no internet connection... and woopsy I'm back. LOL :flowerforyou: :ohwell:
  • gitnfit2
    gitnfit2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and to be honest I think allot of us are guilty of getting slack with MFP. I am fairly active but I find that if I am not careful weight can creep up fast. But hey the good part is we can always come back to it and MFP will forgive us...
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO THIS!
    willpower
    and strength!
    DO IT!
  • 2Bhealthier2
    2Bhealthier2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! At least you know where to go to help you out and since you did it once you'll do it again. : )

Yep, I hear you about them eating what ever, I have a 16 & 19 year old sons and husband who like or should I say love food. I found over the years I was starting to eat like them and well you know what happens. Since I've been doing this one of my sons has actually started paying attention a little more attention to the way he eats and the other one tells people that I'm starving myself (which I'm not). Their all over 6' tall, so I'm the short one plus the only female so their just not use to how a female is suppose to eat. I do have to say though they are very supportive of me doing this and are very encouraging even. I've changed the way we eat, what we eat to be healthier and they actually love the food I'm making so that always helps.

I'm sure you'll do great!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I see MFP as my calorie check book register. Just like you won't write checks when you are out of money, I (try) not to eat when I'm out of calories. Yeah, I've got credit cards, so sometimes I spend money I don't have, too. :smile:

I see MFP, or something like it, as a life long commitment. I've never really gotten a feel for how to eat right without using some kind of guideline. Luckily, I went to weight watchers meetings with my mother when I was a child, and I would plan out my meals the same as hers, but adjusted for my age. It was really good training once I got older and was making all my food choices myself. I kind of knew where to start and what fat and protein and carbs were well before any of my friends knew anything about any of that.
  • mellieinkc
    Options
    I have done the weight lost thing several times but this is my first time on MFP and I really love it. It is easy to use and I really like the support!