I am new

Options
Hi there,
I am 62 yrs young, have 9 grand-kids, happy to be married for 17 yrs now,and retired early.
I have been attempting to lose 15-25 pounds now for 20 years, like a bad penny it just will not leave!!
This is my 1st time counting calories and keeping trace of everything I eat.
I enjoy walking, traveling, reading, sewing, beading, wire wrapping, cooking, talking,and church.
I am just learning about My fitness pal, learning to move around the site. :happy:

Replies

• mombolongo
    Options
    Hi Faye...nice to meet you...I'm 62 and 5'2'...I need to lose a big chunk but coming here has been great for me...I'm on the FAST DIET (5-2) and for the first time in years I'm going down on the scale...Oh by the way I live in Phoenix, AZ...Everyone is so helpful...So if you need a friend just click on my profile and ask me...Be glad to call ya friend...Carol :happy:
  • Joe_Atlanta
    Joe_Atlanta Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Take your time and learn how to use the quick tools (they really help). Then take a look at what you are eating, I was amazed at how unbalanced my diet was. A big benefit of MFP is or the first time I'm eating a balanced diet ( and losing weight!).
  • sarahthin
    sarahthin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Welcome, there are a lot of us trying to figure to figure out to correct our mistakes. I'm 67, live back in Ohio now and trying to get rid of another 80 to 90 pounds. If you'd like friend me, I would be happy to keep up with you.
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    He there and welcome to the group! We are a wonderful group if I say so myself. lol Plus I was laughing because I thought you said you like wire tapping (instead of wrapping). LOL I was wondering who you are.

It takes a little getting used to this site, especially the lingo. Like DH, DD etc. But we are all here for you if you have any Q's just ask.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Hi Faye...nice to meet you...I'm 62 and 5'2'...I need to lose a big chunk but coming here has been great for me...I'm on the FAST DIET (5-2) and for the first time in years I'm going down on the scale...Oh by the way I live in Phoenix, AZ...Everyone is so helpful...So if you need a friend just click on my profile and ask me...Be glad to call ya friend...Carol :happy:

What is the Fast Diet? I have been struggling with losing anything at all! Eating around 1300-1500 calories a day (I am tall - 5'11"), but the scale refuses to move. Just curious, as I see you are really losing!
  • fayeliquete
    Options
    I have not checked my community for a little while. Thank you all for replying to me. I live in Sierra Vista AZ about 150 maybe 200 mile southeast of Phoenix,AZ. Minnesota is my home state. I am confessed on the food diary. Yesterday I ate 2 hard with no salt pretzels. How do you enter something like that ? :frown:
  • mombolongo
    Options
    Morning...find the idea your looking for...hard pretzel....then find the brand you used..click on it and it will show the window with info on it...if you click on the nutritional fact It's in red...it will show number of servings..click it and it will show say 15 in a serving ...when you click on the down arrow it will show 1 pretzel and it will show the whole bag...click one pretzel...you can click it and it will show what calories are in one pretzel...
    Hope I helped...not to good at trying to explain how I do it...Have a great day...
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Hello Faye - and welcome...I am 61 and trying to lose a last few pounds........which sounds pathetic when others are doing so well but it is not easy I find....support and help and just being able to chat on here helps......:flowerforyou:

Jean
  • hen1946
    hen1946 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi Faye, Nice to "meet" you. I have found this site very helpful but it took a short while to navigate. It becomes easier and everyone is very willing to help. I live in NE part of Washington State and am 67. Very active gardener (landscaper) in the summer and try to keep weightloss during the winter through myfitnesspal. IT WORKS. Good luck. Add me as a friend if you wish. Regards, Hendrika
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Hi Faye and welcome. Like several of us said, this is a great group and we really try to help each other.

I joined MFP about 1 1/2 ago to lose 20-25 lbs and I lost 15 of those pounds in a year. It was amazing! I've tried WW and didn't have the success I did here. I credit the great friends I've made for all their encouragement. Hoping to lose the last 5 lbs soon, but my health care provider said I'm at a healthy weight and I shouldn't worry about it. So I'm focused on fitness and health now.

I'm gluten free and I know I eat too much junk food (but I log it all), but I would be glad to support and encourage you on this journey. If you would like a new friend, just send me a request and I'll be glad to accept.

Ronna