Diehards - What Are Your Weight Loss & Fitness Goals?

Options
PinkNinjaLaura
PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
I'm guessing that many of us have weight loss goals. We've had a lot of success in this group, and I'm wondering if any of you have changed your original goal because of that success. For those of you already on maintenance, did your goals shift at all along your journey?

When I signed up with my trainer in February I set an ultimate goal weight of 150, which I would have considered a miracle. I wasn't trying to reach that in any set period of time - that's just where I wanted to end up eventually. I'm not close to 150 but I'm feeling so confident about getting there that I'm aiming higher... or technically I guess I'm aiming lower. My new goal weight is 135, and my target date to get there is one year from today - August 1, 2014.

Also are there any fitness goals you're working toward? Have those changed - like you wanted to run a 5K but now you think 13.1 isn't out of the question? I haven't actually told anybody this :smile: but next summer I'd love to run a half. That's crazy to me.

You know how they say if you have a goal write it down? I just did. Now it's your turn.

Replies

• sgouti1
    sgouti1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Ultimately I want to start weight lifting. I'm still a bit intimidated by all the muscle heads in that part of the gym. Maybe as I lose more, I'll gain the confidence to just make myself at home with them. Or maybe I'll ask Santa for some weights! Speaking of Santa, I'm already starting to mentally prepare for the holiday season (which runs through January for my birthday and March for Mardi Gras). All I know is that the amount of food and drinks thay will be everywhere around me for those few months could destroy all my progress and I refuse to let that happen. I've developed good habits and I plan to keep them going til I hit around 150 or a single digit pants/dress size. I'm hoping to reach that goal by April of next year, but will stick with it as long as it takes!!
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 20 pounds by the end of this year (which if I get my act together, I think is possible!). My other goal is to start training by the end of this year for our local triathlon (it's a 6 mile canoe, 5.5 mile run, and an 18 mile bike race in that order).
  • reggie83
    reggie83 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get down to 200 lbs. Then 190, then maybe 185. I want to burn off all this extra fat I have accumulated over the years so that I can show off my gains from the strength training I've been doing religiously. My plan (which I've been doing) is to jump rope for an hour a week (20 min x 3) and then to increase the intensity and maybe even the duration bit as I get better. Maybe even add an extra session at some point. So far so good......
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Great goals everybody!
  • KathleenSweetie
    KathleenSweetie Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My goal is to go down to 175 (2 lbs) by end of August. I'm aiming for a normal BMI (wt 150?) by next summer.
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal was and still is to be at a normal weight, not overweight, and reasonably fit by September 2014. I'm scheduled to take a trip then to Europe and would like to be able to be fit and active and able to enjoy it fully. I'm actually losing faster than I expected, but there is nothing wrong with that! Plus, if and when I hit a plateau I won't be over-stressed to get off it quickly, but will just continue to eat right and exercise regularly.
  • krk5235
    krk5235 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I am hoping that i can hang in there and lose another 30 pounds yet. I sure would like to make it to 170. Funny the first 30 went fairly easily, now the hard part the last 30!!!