What is the hardest?

Options
rainydays5
rainydays5 Posts: 217 Member
What part of this do you struggle the most with? For me it is push ups. I have never been able to do a push up in my life and am not sure I ever will. I have the rest of level 1 down...on day 4 today. BUT for me push ups suck! lol

Replies

• rissaface
    rissaface Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    What part of this do you struggle the most with? For me it is push ups. I have never been able to do a push up in my life and am not sure I ever will. I have the rest of level 1 down...on day 4 today. BUT for me push ups suck! lol

I struggle with the push ups as well. I always have to do the modified version and still struggle. But, at the end the bicycle crunches kill me too. I'll be doing day 4 after work today.
  • Shari_P
    Shari_P Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I did the modified push up through all of level 1. My husband asked me when I was going to try a regular push up and I said never. :) But when I moved on to level 2 and tried the walking push up and was shocked at how well I did. I hadn't realized how much stronger I had become just from the modified push ups. So keep pushing through even if you're on your knees...it's making a difference!

I struggle the most with set 3 cardio and abs on level 2. By the time we reach these I'm pretty well shot and the idea of holding myself in a planking position and moving my legs at all pretty much sucks!
  • rissaface
    Options
    I did the modified push up through all of level 1. My husband asked me when I was going to try a regular push up and I said never. :) But when I moved on to level 2 and tried the walking push up and was shocked at how well I did. I hadn't realized how much stronger I had become just from the modified push ups. So keep pushing through even if you're on your knees...it's making a difference!

I struggle the most with set 3 cardio and abs on level 2. By the time we reach these I'm pretty well shot and the idea of holding myself in a planking position and moving my legs at all pretty much sucks!

Level 2 sounds brutal.....:frown:
  • WenHurley
    WenHurley Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I've never been able to do a regular push-up, so I do the modified ones. A few days ago my daughter and I were going for a walk around the neighbor to get some extra exercise and I tripped and fell. I landed on my knees so now I have to do a really modified push-up because I can't put my knee all the way down. My daughter laughs because it is half of a regular push-up and half of a modified push up.

The part I struggle with the most is the bicycle crunches. They are killer for me. I am on level 1, day 8. I figure 10 days at each level should be good.
  • Shari_P
    Shari_P Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've never been able to do a regular push-up, so I do the modified ones. A few days ago my daughter and I were going for a walk around the neighbor to get some extra exercise and I tripped and fell. I landed on my knees so now I have to do a really modified push-up because I can't put my knee all the way down. My daughter laughs because it is half of a regular push-up and half of a modified push up.

The part I struggle with the most is the bicycle crunches. They are killer for me. I am on level 1, day 8. I figure 10 days at each level should be good.

Ouch!...but I give you a lot of credit for pushing through!
  • rainydays5
    rainydays5 Posts: 217 Member
    Options

Great job staying with it! I am doing 10 days on each level too. I saw someone talking on here how they made a paper chain out of 3 colors, 10 links each. Each day you rip off one of the links. I like it because it is helping to keep me motivated. I am on day 7, which would be today but I just went on a 14.64 mile bicycle ride in less than 2 hours and I am about to die, so today might just be my rest day :)
  • rissaface
    Options

Great job staying with it! I am doing 10 days on each level too. I saw someone talking on here how they made a paper chain out of 3 colors, 10 links each. Each day you rip off one of the links. I like it because it is helping to keep me motivated. I am on day 7, which would be today but I just went on a 14.64 mile bicycle ride in less than 2 hours and I am about to die, so today might just be my rest day :)

The paper chain is a great idea! I found a calendar online for 30 day shred so I printed it out and cross off a day each time I complete the workout. It keeps me motivated to see the progress.

Kudos to WenHurley, it takes a lot to push through that. :smile:
  • WenHurley
    Options
    Made it through Day 10. Got caught in a thunderstorm during our walk after, so it was on 1/2 of a mile.
    Tomorrow, level 2.
  • WenHurley
    Options
    Yesterday, I started level 2. I like that it has different exercises. That will keep it more fun.

Oh, and we got caught in the rain again during our walk. :ohwell:
  • cryptogirl
    cryptogirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I can't do a rock star jump in level 3 to save my life! I end up jumping rope instead. Pike push-ups in level 3 suck too!
  • WenHurley
    Options
    New hard on level 2 is the last ab circuit. Still trying to make it all the way through that one.
  • rissaface
    Options
    I'm almost done with level 1 and I still struggle with it so I'm pretty nervous to start level 2 on Sunday.

I sure wish we could get some rain here to get caught in. I'm definitely ready for Fall!
  • WenHurley
    Options
    I can't do a rock star jump in level 3 to save my life! I end up jumping rope instead. Pike push-ups in level 3 suck too!

Hubby bought me a cardio trampoline to help with all of the jumps on level 3. It has a lot less impact on the knees!