Introduce yourself, your goals and your motivation!

Options
bettbett87
bettbett87 Posts: 47 Member
I'd like to lose 31lbs by Christmas which would take me under the 200lbs mark- somewhere I haven't been for years! My motivation is to be able to go clothes shopping in the sales and buy a smaller size :-)

Remember guys, this group is supposed to be fun so any funny anecdotes or games are encouraged!

14823149.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• bettbett87
    Options
    I'd like to lose 31lbs by Christmas which would take me under the 200lbs mark- somewhere I haven't been for years! My motivation is to be able to go clothes shopping in the sales and buy a smaller size :-)

Remember guys, this group is supposed to be fun so any funny anecdotes or games are encouraged!

14823149.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

That's 31lbs as well as the 15lbs I've already lost- so 46 in total
  • Sophieashmore
    Sophieashmore Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    One of my shorter term goals is to lose 10% of my starting weight, so I'd like to lose 23lbs, I've lost 3 so 20 to go. Slow and steady and anything else is a bonus. My motivation is to drop a dress size for January
  • aimeero2012
    Options
    Hi I would like to lose 13kg before Christmas!
  • Diligent1a
    Diligent1a Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I am a new to MFP but this group is perfect for my initial goal. I would like to lose 14lbs by Xmas, any more would be a bonus!

I would love to make some weight loss buddies for motivation and I am doing this because I have let the weight creep on over the years and honestly, I was starting to feel it.
  • selanrael
    Options
    Hi!

This groups seems like just the thing I need to boost my motivation for the rest of the year :)
    As my weight loss has been on a plateau lately, I'm setting an average goal of losing 8kg/17lbs by Christmas. If I could manage that, I'd be really close to my goal weight! I've been planning on adding exercise to my schedule, so this might be a good time to do that, too.

Good luck, everyone!
  • bettbett87
    Options
    Hey guys!
    It's great to see you all getting involved!

I recently joined the gym and have found it's great at boosting my mood as well as my fitness- especially Zumba class! X
  • stewarac
    stewarac Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody!

Brilliant idea. My goal is not weight orientated but size and fitness. I would like to be a solid size 12 (UK) and to have improved my 5k time to between 25 - 30 mins. Wee goals, but I like the slow and steady method. For me there's more chance of actually keeping my gains for good that way.

Good luck everybody, we can do this!
  • westmor
    westmor Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am very motivated and determined at the moment, and would like to try and keep that momentum up until Christmas and beyond. Ideally I would like to lose 34lb's by Christmas. Right now I think that is 17 weeks and 6 days away (according to my 'Countdown' App!), so it should be 'doable'!!
  • Jenniferanne6
    Jenniferanne6 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'd love to lose 16 pounds by Christmas. One pound a week seems doable!
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I want to drop a dress size by Christmas - from UK14 to UK12! I still have to lose just over a stone (17lbs or 18lbs) to hit a healthy BMI which is my overall goal, but I think I should get down to a size 12 in maybe half a stone or 10lbs or so?

I was going to say I wanted to lose the lot - about 17lbs, but I've hit a plateau since beginning July - MFP was telling me to eat 1200 calories net and no matter what I told it, it only suggested 1240 max! But I tried various TDEE calculators and have decided I ought to be aiming for 1500 instead so have just changed my daily calorie allowance to see how I go, so am dreading gaining a few pounds before I start losing again. We'll see. But that's why I think the dress size is an achievable goal by Christmas while the number of Lbs is more risky.

I'm already feeling that I'm descending - my size 14 jeans which I got in February are already feeling slacker on the hips, undies are not so tight, waistbands are looser and my rings have suddenly got really loose and I can wear my wedding and engagement rings on my right hand instead of the left - so I'm on my way!
  • WishfulShrinking331
    WishfulShrinking331 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have been at my same weight for the past 3 months!!! It's so frustrating but I lose weight so slowly! Ideally I would like to lose AT LEAST 5 pounds before Christmas (but I will even take 3 pounds at the rate I am going)

This should be a great group!!!
  • roozielynne
    roozielynne Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I would like to lose 40lbs by Christmas. (That's an average of 10lbs a month.) I am significantly overweight so I don't think this goal is as farfetched as it might sound at first.

Fitting into my winter clothing would be a bonus as well.

I recently went on a vacation for a "girls weekend" and saw some pictures of myself that my cousin posted to Facebook that are very motivating!

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!
    Beth
  • Bazzie0088
    Options
    Hello All!

I'm just starting out on my life style change, and this is the perfect group to keep me honest and kick me in the butt from time-to-time! :) I would like to lose 40 pounds by Christmas... just an interim goal, because I have a lot more to lose than that.

I live about 1500 miles away from my extended family, so when we get together for Christmas this year, I would love to feel and look like a whole new person! I am very committed, and I'm in this for the long haul. Please help me remember that on the bad days, and I will do the same for you! :)
  • malena126
    malena126 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am not sure of a weight loss, but I want to lose a pant size. It took me from March to June to lose a pant size and since I have kind of stagnated with not eating so great and not exercising so much. But, I am trying to get back on track and become a 12 by Christmas. In June i thought i would be a 12 by end of summer, and 10 by Christmas, but my actions didnt match my ambitions. lol. So, hopefully this will keep me accountable. My starting weight for this last night (Aug 20) is 188.2. BMI 35.5 (All according to the Wii Fit) (Just so I also know for sure). Last Christmas I realized i was almost back to the 225 I was at 3 years ago when I delivered my son 11 weeks early. I have made lots of progress, but its not good enough.

Fat shedding and health to all of us!!
  • l0lly77
    l0lly77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I have been a member for sometime, but something (injury usually) always came up and I'd give up!

Last Christmas my dad was diagnosed with advanced stomach cancer and I turned to comfort eating, which has resulted in over a stone weight gain in 8 months! I'm now feeling more focused and whilst my dad has a long way to go and is fighting the odds, he has given me the motivation to lose weight to stay fit and healthy. If he can stay strong during his chemo, surely I can lose a few pounds!!

I could do with being cheered on by you determined/motivated people!!

xxx
  • jccst9
    jccst9 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hey kids! Half-way to my goal on my ticker by Christmas or bust! 15 lbs. to go!!! Good luck to all on reaching those goals!
  • BMoxie2013
    BMoxie2013 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love this idea. My daughter's birthday is August 25th and so, it starts and ends on 2 very special days. I AM going to lose 10 lbs. by Christmas! Wouldn't it be great to show off our new bodies at the holiday parties? Only 4 more days to start creating the BEST Christmas present we can to ourselves!
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My goal is to lose 5 lb/month between now and Christmas, so 20 lbs, which will put me at 183. I should be able to fit into size 14 pants by then, so can we say "SHOPPING SPREE"!!
  • embersdream
    embersdream Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    hey id like to lose 13 kg by christmas... 10 by mid november 5 by mid september
  • LJH0604
    LJH0604 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I would like to lose 25 lbs by Christmas. I have lost 17 so far and feel better already. My motivation is to look and feel better for myself and my family. I want to be around for a long time :)