Introduce yourself, your goals and your motivation!

Options

Replies

• fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone. I originally read the topic as All I want for Christmas Is...a new BABY! LOL I guess we seee what we want to see. I would be happy with a new body as well.

My goal is to be under 200lbs by Christmas. I weighed 222.8 this morning so That is 23.8 pounds. I hope to bevisitng family and my new nephew around Christmas and I wnat to look great. And as you might have guess from my statement above, this is part of my overall goal of becoming pregnant.

Good luck everyone!
  • ANewMaria2014
    ANewMaria2014 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I would love to lose 15lbs by Christmas.....I just want to feel better and be healthier, I have already started T25 so hopefully I can keep this up. Good luck everyone!!
  • 78carriejohanna
    78carriejohanna Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm new, this looks like a fun group. hmmm I would like to lose 15lbs by christmas and then keep it off after the chrismas season is over. :happy:
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I started using MFP the beginning of this year and have had good success so far. I like the idea some other people had of using a pants size as a goal instead of a specific weight loss, so my goal is to fit into size 12 (US) jeans by Christmas. I'm currently wearing a 16 but can just barely fit into 14's so it would be losing a full size plus a smidge. One of the ways I motivate myself is to keep a pair of jeans on hand that is one size too small so I just picked up some 12's last weekend.
  • toniju
    toniju Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 31 pounds by Christmas!! That would put my total weight loss at 70 pounds...WOOHOO. Thanks for the group...can't wait til Christmas. :)
  • astphimc
    astphimc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is about 100 lbs but by christmas I would like to loose 35. I think that is a reasonable goal. Bring on the motivation and determination!
  • happymum37
    happymum37 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would like to lose 30lbs by christmas. I'm trying to eat well and have recently joined a gym so am hoping this goal is realistic. Good luck to everyone :)
  • Goalsat47
    Goalsat47 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 18lbs by Christmas. I've been on MFP before as well as various other sites. Constantly playing with the same 20-25lbs that would put me at my goal weight. I always start out well for 2-3 weeks and then I quit or life gets in the way and I dont make it a priority.

This time I want to get involved in the message boards, groups, challenges so that when I log my food, exercise and even my failures I can feel accountable to my friends here on MFP.
  • hazeldixon89
    hazeldixon89 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Id love to reach 20lbs lost, 30 if the weight starts coming off :D I know its alot but I think with encouragement it could work :D
  • bettbett87
    bettbett87 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm thrilled at the enthusiasm I'm seeing here! It's good to see that we're all doing this together!
    Whether we lose lbs or dress sizes the aim is for us to feel comfortable in our skin by christmas!

I'm hoping that if we've made good progress by then, we'll be less likely to completely stuff our faces over the holiday period!

X
  • erink79
    erink79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi All- I've been using MFP for quite some time now with great success. I have about 30 pounds to go to hit my goal and am finding that I have become a bit lazy. I still have the food portion under control and I haven't gained any weight, however, I have NO motivation to work out. I was just thinking that Christmas would be a great goal date, sooooo here I am! :happy:
  • alt1268
    alt1268 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I would like to loose 20-25lbs by christmas. That would put me a little more then half way through my journey. I hope by joining this group it will keep me motivated and on track.

Nice to meet everyone.
  • aafff5
    aafff5 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello all. My aim is to lose 16lb to bring my weight down to 14 and half stone (UK/Irl) by Christmas. Want to be generally fitter, healthier and fit into 34" jeans.
    Need to cut out the high calorie/low energy snacking, and the laziness when it comes to exercise. Easy when its written down. Just to put it into practice now!
  • LauriTerrell
    LauriTerrell Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I am recently back to MFP... I had major success with it a year an a half ago and then fell off the wagon (HARD!) So I am back at it again. I am looking to lose 20 more pounds by Christmas. Thank you so much for putting this together!

09ad226c92a1df4249a125ee8129f21b.jpg
  • kjg1965297
    kjg1965297 Posts: 121
    Options
    Hi I have lost 40 lbs so far and I would love to reach my goal for Christmas. What a Christmas present to me!!!!! I hope everyone the best and lets get lighter. My intial weight was 250 lbs and I am currently sitting at 210.2.. 180 here I come!!!!!!!!
  • Svjharris
    Options
    Hey,

My goals are less weight oriented and more focused on other successes. I'd like to develop a routine of daily exercise and make a habit of healthier choices, specifically avoiding all the Christmas cookies and learning to change my December cooking routine into a healthier one. I'd also like to lose some weight, around 25 lbs. But that's a secondary goal. What I really want is out of my fat pants and back into the jeans I fit when I was losing weight before. They're all hiding in a closet waiting for me!
  • amrichards0711
    amrichards0711 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My overall goal is to lose 30 lbs. by my 13th wedding anniversary in March. I've set a few mini-goals between now and then to keep me motivated, and I want to lose 20 lbs. by Christmas. So far, I've lost 4 lbs., so I have 16 lbs. more to lose by Christmas. I think that's manageable. I started the summer by slowly weaning myself off of soda. I now only drink one Pepsi Next a day, instead of the 2-3 (occasionally more) regular Pepsi's and/or Mtn Dew that I drank before. Over the past 2 1/2 weeks, I've started making a lot of lifestyle changes in regards to eating, and I am hopeful that I can keep up this new lifestyle over the holidays. Hopefully, with the support of this group, I can.
  • christinecsaucier
    christinecsaucier Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm not new to MFP but after losing motivation for a while I'm getting back to it and would love to loose 15 pounds by Christmas!
  • FightOnB
    FightOnB Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'd like to lose 15 pounds and a few inches from my waist. I know it's possible!!
  • mandy031383
    mandy031383 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I have always been heavy and topped out at 240-245 from 7th-9th grade. I then over a year and a half in high school dropped down to about 200 and hung between 190-210 from the age of 17 until last year at the age of 29. Well last year I changed my eating habits and started moving more and I dropped over 40 lbs in 4 months. After plateauing for a few weeks I fell just short of my Goal weight of 150 and ended up at 153. At that point I decided to see if this was something I could maintain. Which I have, during that time I did start weightlifting and although my weight only fluctuated a lb or two I dropped down to a size 8 almost a 6 (US). Unfortunately, I allowed my crazy schedule FT work and FT College combine with the bad eating habits of my new bf. I stopped working out and although I didn't really gain any weight back I did go back up to a size 10/12.

So my goal is to drop at least 5 lbs by Christmas and be back into a size 8. Good Luck to everyone and feel free to add me :)