any plus sized ladies who weighed 229 pounds (104 kgs)???

Options
2»

Replies

• princesstoadstool82
    princesstoadstool82 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.. as some of you already have :) love having fellow eaters and bad *kitten* weight lifters as friends :)
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advise! I was eating initially when I started back up on MFP at about 1400 cal a day which is what my target was when I entered in my data. I was only doing this for 2 weeks and started working out the 2nd week of this but tried to eat my workout calories back.
    Do you think I need to eat at TDEE to reset or can I continue eating at my 25% CUT continuing my workouts? Since I upped my calories a 1 1/2 weeks ago my weight loss has stalled but I haven't gained either.

Thanks again for all the help!

If you start losing what the math says you should be, no need.
    If not by 6 weeks out, then I'd suggest hit TDEE for a week or two, just because time for a diet break anyway.
  • yourfriendchristine
    yourfriendchristine Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advise! I was eating initially when I started back up on MFP at about 1400 cal a day which is what my target was when I entered in my data. I was only doing this for 2 weeks and started working out the 2nd week of this but tried to eat my workout calories back.
    Do you think I need to eat at TDEE to reset or can I continue eating at my 25% CUT continuing my workouts? Since I upped my calories a 1 1/2 weeks ago my weight loss has stalled but I haven't gained either.

If not by 6 weeks out, then I'd suggest hit TDEE for a week or two, just because time for a diet break anyway.

Thank you heybales! BTW I stumbled across the spreadsheet you created last night and it was eye opening. I adjusted some of my numbers because of it and I think I should be on my way now. Thank you soo much for putting that together!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, count me in the over 200 club too!! Before summer break I was about 195 but ended up doing an accidental bulk (hahahaha, eating over my TDEE!) and ended up gaining about 20 pounds BUT I'm still the same size in clothing. Go figure, right??

I think it's because, even though I was eating more than my TDEE, I was still lifting heavy and moving more so I managed to build new muscle but unfortunately it's covered with a layer of fat.

So I'm eating at a deficit again with the hopes of shedding more fat so all these new muscles will be more defined!!

Anyone can feel free to friend me....just let me know you're from this group!
  • twinmomtwice4
    Options

Thank you heybales! BTW I stumbled across the spreadsheet you created last night and it was eye opening. I adjusted some of my numbers because of it and I think I should be on my way now. Thank you soo much for putting that together!

This is just my personal opinion but eating at a 25% deficit may be why your weight loss has stalled. Try going to a 20% cut and see if that makes a difference.
  • twinmomtwice4
    Options

Sadly when overweight by decent amount, any TDEE calc's out there that do NOT use bodyfat %, are giving you inflated BMR, and therefore inflated TDEE, and therefore inflated cut value.

I've seen all kinds of examples that someone thought they were eating at a deficit, but because of that inflation, there were not.
    And while eating at maintenance and lifting is great for body recomp compared to a deficit, I know many that are obese need to save joints and lose the fat and weight first, while maintaining muscle mass.

Heybales, I take my deficit directly from the average that my BMF gives me. Since I'm probably considered "overweight by a decent amount", do you think the BMF is over-inflating my numbers or do you think it's pretty reliable?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Heybales, I take my deficit directly from the average that my BMF gives me. Since I'm probably considered "overweight by a decent amount", do you think the BMF is over-inflating my numbers or do you think it's pretty reliable?

Totally depends on if the sensors work for you, and how much adjustment to BMR is required.

So you may already have Katch BMR and Mifflin BMR known, how close are they?

So Katch is what you'd like the BMF to adjust towards if big difference, but it starts with calculated BMR using close to Mifflin formula.

You can confirm if sensors work well for you by 3 ways.

On BMF site Calorie burn chart.
    Look at avg lowest cal/min during best sleep (like 1.0 and 1.1 back and forth, 1.05 then) x 1440 is the adjusted BMR they are using.
    Close to Katch BMR?

Look at avg lowest cal/min during non-moving awake time, watching TV or movie, NOT after a workout, x 1440 is the adjusted RMR they are using.
    Should be over the BMR by 150-250 calories.

So that is looking at the non-moving time, where those base BMR calories are used as burn estimates. Some have even reported seeing elevated cal/min sitting after a good lifting workout.
    This will tell you how well the temp related sensors are working for you. In my general forum polling, about half worked well. The other half the BMR never adjusted off calculated, and sleeping and awake non-moving matched.

Now look at your MET chart. Doesn't matter where you set the levels to categorize things, has nothing to do with the calorie burn, just what you want to classify it as.
    Does it seem that your workouts are totally noticed as increased level of MET burn? 1 MET is calorie burn sitting. Then moves on up for activity.
    One lady had 20-30 min of her 60 min lifting workout as only part that showed up. Not at increased category level, but at all as increased MET's.

So that is looking at moving time, where your weight and movement is used as calorie burn estimate.

All those checks if not showing well, or as well as they could, can be corrected with a height adjustment.
    So if the sensors don't work right for you at all and no adjustment, then can make the calculated BMR that is used closer to reality.
    If the partially work, but didn't adjust enough, that can help too.
    The lady with partial exercise effort showing up, after height change had her whole workout show up as increased MET's, some as vigorous where it really was, some as lower level, but at least there.

Her calorie burn went up.

The spreadsheet, after filling out the Simple Setup tab excluding Activity Calc, on the FitBit_BodyMedia tab can help with figuring that out.
  • PudgycatDoll
    Options
    Cycling between 233-235 right now.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    238 two years ago.

A TIGHT size 18 down to an 8.

Strength training, with a bit of HIIT on the stationary bike in the beginning. Mostly strength training and walking now. I'm tweaking body recomp now ....

To your question: YES! Strength training is where it's AT !
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    We don't suggest deficits of more than 20%.