Introduce yourself, your goals and your motivation!

Options

Replies

• Quinn_Baker
    Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I weight about 216 right now, and my Halloween goal is 200 so by Christmas I would like to see 185! I want to buy cute fall clothes!
  • ton84
    ton84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    I am at my highest weight EVER! I've been up here before and swore I'd never get back but two kids later here I am. I'd like to lose at least 20 lbs. by Christmas :)
  • Bluepopsicle_25
    Bluepopsicle_25 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Becca, and I would like to lose 30lbs by Christmas. My overall goal is about double that, but I am travaling to meet my boyfriends family for the first time at the end of Dec, and I also have a Mexico trip planned for January and would like to feel more comfortable in my skin by then. That is my motivation, and this challenge is perfect to help me out.
  • ljyolo
    ljyolo Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, Everyone!

I joined this group because I need social support to stay motivated! I have used MFP inconsistently for well over a year and I know from experience that I make better food choices when I keep track of what I am putting in my body. I need to lose well over 75 lbs to be at a healthy weight for my height, so breaking this number into smaller goals should be more attainable. I would like to lose 20 lbs by Christmas. This would put me below 200 lbs for the first time since I started college, four years ago.

Looking forward to the support of fellow goal-oriented peeps on the journey of improving our health!
  • jmchandler83
    jmchandler83 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    My goal is to lose 30 pounds by Christmas. I am have yo-yo dieting for years and hopefully losing a few pounds will keep me motivated. I would love to be able to buy clothes two sizes smaller. Wish me luck!
  • csaintes
    csaintes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, I would like to lose 15 lbs by Christmas. I am a constant yo-yo'er getting on and off track, this should help keep me motivated. I was doing weights before, but am going to concentrate on cardio the first month and then start weights back up. Looking forward to losing with ya'll!
  • riosmarter
    Options
    First and foremost my goal is to get healthier. I've put on a lot of weight in the past few years and I am at my heaviest. I am looking forward to feeling more confident about myself. I am challenging myself to lost at 60 lbs and I am excited to see where I will be in December. Good Luck guys!
  • Pizazz16
    Pizazz16 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hello! I noticed another MFP user in this group has the same profile pic as I do, (or I have the same one as they :blushing: ), and just wanted y'all to know we are two different people. :wink:

I'm very happy to be a part of this group and to join the Christmas challenge. I started eating clean (fruits, veggies, whole grains, very little dairy, and nuts/seeds) and working out July 1st of this year and have only seen a 3 pound drop. (However, my body seems to be reshaping itself. It feels like I am building muscle.) I pay too much attention to the scale, and so I was disappointed to see it move so little. I'm having difficulty knowing the number of calories I should be eating daily. I'm eating between 1,000 and 1,400 calories a day. (Sometimes I become ravenous!) I have been working out 2 hours a day and burning about 5,000 a week since the beginning of August when I upped my workout schedule. Mainly, I have been doing a lot of cardio and some circuit training (Hip Hop Abs, walking, swimming, mowing the lawn, 30 DS, step workouts, and Tae-Bo), and modifying moves as necessary. The tops of my feet have been hurting and I wonder if I'm overdoing it.

I weigh 171 now and have set a goal to lose 21 pounds during this challenge. At the rate I've been losing weight I'm not sure that is doable, but I want to try. Any ideas on how to figure calorie intake/calorie burn to equal a consistent and safe loss of weight would be much appreciated. :smile:
  • mixedbag4444
    mixedbag4444 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I would like to reach my goal weight by Christmas... just 11lb to go! I don't have a lot to lose, but my weight loss is frequently stalled by my bingeing...

My main goal for this weight loss is to look trim and fit, as I am currently a tad unhappy by my puffy belly, etc....

I'm so excited for this new challenge! This is a new motivation for me, and since Christmas is my favourite holiday it would be fabulous if I reached my goal!
  • luckygirl134
    luckygirl134 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I would love to reach my goal weight by Christmas which would be about 30 lbs. but I would be happy if I could lose 20 lbs. by Christmas. That would at least have me in the healthy BMI range! So I guess my goal would be 20-30 lbs. I just turned 30 a couple of weeks ago and I want to begin my 30's fit and healthy! :smile:
  • prissybunny
    prissybunny Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose at least 40 pounds by Christmas . I'm currently at 267. I started on my fitness pal in June and have currently lost 32 pounds. My over all goal is about 145 - 150.
  • ehilgenberg10
    ehilgenberg10 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad this group exisits! My weight loss goal for Christmas is 20-25 lbs. That will put me aroudn 10 pounds away from my ulitmate goal weight for...ya know...the rest of my life! That would be pretty much the best Christmas gift I could ever get myslef. PLUS I usually get clothes for Christmas, so I wouldn't have to worry about that "I need a whole new wardrobe now" thing. Amazing.
    My motivation is that I've been having health problems lately, and I think that losing weight could only help them. Not to mention, I just want to be comfortable in my skin and the last time I was, I weighed my goal weight. So, I'd like to be there again.
    I need to focus on this goal more, and actually take the steps that need to be taken to get there, like cutting out the foods I shouldn't eat anyhow, and working out.
  • dleld
    dleld Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just starting out - Joined MFP today! My ultimate goal is 74 lbs lost, so by Christmas I would like to lose half of that - 37 lbs. I am going on a trip in April 2014 and I want to be able to wear a bathing suit without feeling ashamed. Also seeing family who live in another province for Christmas 37 lbs lighter would be a great motivator. :)
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Norah and I'm soooo glad this group was created. I tried to get into the other group, but I was too late!

Anyway, I'm 47 years old, will be 48 in November. I'm 5'5" , my current weight is 143 lbs, and my goal is 130 (maybe a bit less once I hit that goal). I'm hoping to make it to 130 sooner than Christmas, but my weight loss has been so slow going, that I might be struggling with this into the new year. :sad:

Anyway, thanks again for creating this group, and I look forward to working with you all!
  • courtneymclark11
    Options
    Hi! Really need to lose the baby weight!

Would like to lose 27lbs by Christmas!

Looking forward to being motivated by the group to keep going!
  • whitney_simpson
    whitney_simpson Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    hello! My name is Whitney, I am 26 years old and I would like to lose 18 pounds by Christmas.

I started losing weight February 2012, and lost an initial 45 pounds in just a few months through total diet overhaul and hiking 4 to 5 days a week. I had lost my job a few months before, and I had come to realize that my profession was one of the main contributing factors to my greatly unhealthy lifestyle. After last summer I stopped counting calories and hiking as often and I put back on 11 of the pounds I had initially lost.

I started on MFP 2 1/2 months ago and have lost all of the weight i re-gained plus more. I started lifting weights and even though I weigh roughly the same as i did last summer I am actually much smaller overall.

This additional 18 pounds will have my total weight loss at 65 pounds. I will be healthier than I have been in years and that would be the best christmas present I could ask for.
  • Mercer1234
    Mercer1234 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Carla and I am 57 years old. My body has taken on the pear shape that so many older women get. I have a big stomach, flabby arms and back fat. I teach physical education at the high school level so I feel like I should be a role model to my students. I can't fit into any of my clothes and wear baggy tops to cover my stomach that hangs out from underneath my pants/shorts. The janitor at my school just introduced me to this program. He has lost 22 lbs. so far.i need all the help and encouragement I can get. I would love to be able to fit into some of my old clothes by Christmas. That would be the best Christmas gift
  • snowfooper
    snowfooper Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love this group/challenge!!

I'm almost 22 years, 5'2, currently around 136-138 and my goal is to lose about 20 pounds by Christmas.

I've been trying to lose weight my entire life. It sucks. I was a chubby child with parents who didn't know how to be healthy. In middle school, I made some healthy changes as well as some destructive choices, but ultimately cut out pop and started eating healthier foods. High school was up and down, but going to college let me be in control of my eating habits. At college, I lost 15-20 pounds, and fluctuated up and down for a while.

I got into MFP through a friend and we've had an amazing support group, though summer has cut a lot of activity for all of us. Joined MFP in April and have lost 21 pounds! This is the lowest I've been since early high school!

I love friends! I'm getting back into exercising after figuring out the moving situation. Annnd yeah!
  • malibu5880
    malibu5880 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm attempting to lose around 80 pounds total. I'm down 12 since starting again in June, almost back to my starting weight when I made the attempt last year (and gained back along with 12 more pounds). I'm not sure what my Christmas goal is. My loss has been pretty slow this time around, despite doing the exact same things I was doing last year (and lost 35 pounds). By Christmas, I will say I'd like to have lost a total of 30 pounds, I would be happy with 25. By next summer, I'm hoping all 80 are gone. My biggest motivator is regaining my lost self-esteem and being able to play with my daughter without feeling like an out-of-breath whale on land. I want to teach my daughter to be active and healthy, not rely on fast food and lazing around on the couch.
  • destiny364us
    destiny364us Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My name is Destiny, I am 27 yrs old, 5'7, and extermely obese. My goal is to lose 20 lbs by Christmas. My motivation is my daughter, and see all the sucess stories on MFP. I know with support, proper diet, and exercise this goal is obtainable.