basic basic questions?

nminden
nminden Posts: 55 Member
1. I'm just new to the 30DS. Did Day 1 of level 1 on You Tube. Is the idea to repeat that video for 30 days or is there a new one for each day?

2. Is level 2 for the second month in- and does each level go for 30 days?

3. Do you have to purchase it or can you get through it on you tube?

I don't own any of my own weights (yet) so I filled 2 x 500ml water bottles which each weighed only 1lb. Very small, but also very safe for someone with neck issues. I'm quite fit - but this was nevertheless a substantial workout, with great verbal cues, and finished in a very short time. I am planning on supplementing it to what I already do at the gym.

Thanks for the help!

Replies

• nminden
    I found the answers on ehow. Here it is for anyone else just starting out:

Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred is designed in three levels to be done over the course of 30 days. Level 1 of the workout should be done for 10 days, Level 2 for 10, and Level 3 for 10. When you finally can complete Level 3 of this fitness program, stay there, or mix it up every once in a while. When I started Level 1, the first three days, I could not do everything. I had to severely modify it by using the weights only half the time each set (the other half I did without any weights at all), and doing female push-ups. On about Day 10, I could almost do the whole thing. Feel free to stay on Level 1 until you can master it, then move to Level 2. You do not have to move up every 10 days.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/how_5363883_do-jillian-michaels-day-shred.html#ixzz2c1gbZtdJ
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Hey! Glad you found your answers! Sorry that no one jumped on it! :) How has your week been on it thus far?
  • greenmm25
    greenmm25 Posts: 175 Member
    OH Thank you!!! It answered a lot of questions I had, I was doing it right for the most part. Yay. only about 13 days to go.
  • nminden
    Hey! Glad you found your answers! Sorry that no one jumped on it! :) How has your week been on it thus far?

Thanks for getting back to me.
    I'm on Day 10, so I guess I'm supposed to start 10 days of level 2 tomorrow. Is that the pattern that you follow?
    Another question:
    can I get all three levels on you tube?

Overall, I have benefitted a lot from the program. I have stayed with simple 1lb weights, partly because that's what I have at home but also to protect my upper back and neck from getting injured. I've come so far in one year and don't want to go backwards.

I use the program as a supplement to regular workouts at the gym 4-6 days a week and 60 minutes of walking ( to work and back). I have had some knee issues so i'm modifying by not going into such deep squats.

I love the fact that I get something done that is substantial in such a short time. I am logging it as 20 minutes of circuit training.

At first weight started to come off in the first few days - quite quickly. I went down 5lb! after an overindulgent trip back to Toronto from which I'd put on 8. I expect the weight loss to become much slower now. But my body is feeling stronger and healthier.
  • greenmm25
    greenmm25 Posts: 175 Member
    I am doing the 10 days of each level, and I have lost 7lbs so far this month I have 13 days to go. My waist has shrunk too so improvement! yay. I plan on doing it again in a few months.