Getting to Know You

Options
geonbaeLeilee
geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
Hi everyone!

I always like getting to know group members, so feel free to share a little about yourself, your goals, and, well, anything you want. :D

I prefer to go by Leina since the name just feels more fitting, but that's not my real name. When I started on MFP a little over a year ago, I was at my highest of 234lbs. Currently, I'm at 195. I got to 178 in January, but work and a rash of injuries impacted me negatively, and I fell back into old habits of just eating whatever, whenever. I was always more successful when doing challenges like this. I have sucky willpower and focus apparently.

Part of my issue is that I have to spend a HUGE amount of time online for work, so that means A LOT of sitting. I have a hard time making time to exercise and do all the right things, but it's not for a lack of trying. I am hoping to use this challenge as a way to get more disciplined.

My goal for the challenge is 160-165. My ultimate goal is 120-130.

So, that's me.

Replies

• snowflake8am
    Options
    Hey all!

I'm 5'8 and 134lbs. Sure it doesn't sound bad but I've packed on 15lbs in the past 6 months, the bulk of it in the last three. It looks super bad. I feel uncomfortable in my own skin and I can't fit into any of my cute clothes. My goal weight is what I've weighed for the last 5 years, 118lbs. My ultimate goal is to pick up the healthy eating and activities I used to do (not eat bread ever, yoga everyday, running....etc). I'd like to have a good edge in by Halloween!
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

Grats Leila for your progress so far! And good luck with your goals, both of you!

You guys can call me Tillow, a silly nickname I picked up a looong time ago. I'm 26, 5'3" and currently 145 pounds. I had always been somewhat chubby growing up, but during my last year of high school (2005) until the end of my freshman year of college the year after, I went from 140 pounds to 175 pounds (yep, 35 pound gain in one year!). After I went on a trip to CA to visit my aunt with my sister and a friend of ours, we loaded all of our pictures and I cried. So I decided to get healthier! >:O From the summer of 2006 until the summer of 2009 I went from 175 to 115, and eventually got down to 110 but it was unmanageable for me so I eventually settled back at 120. I went through a very rocky marriage and we separated in 2010 - unfortunately he dropped off the face of the planet before finalizing it so I'm still in a turmoil of getting crap down 3 years later - and I got myself back up to 156 pounds the summer of last year (didn't help that I had a full-time desk job too). I signed up for dance classes during my final semester of college, started eating better and generally moving around more, got a different job, and I'm down 11 pounds to 145.

Since Halloween is about 3 months away, I don't think it's too far of a stretch for me to lose at least 15 pounds by then and get to 130, but if I can do better than that I will. :) My ultimate goal is to get back to 115-120, but right now any loss is a loss and I'd be happy with it. I've been stuck between 138-145 for a few months now, so I can't wait to actually start holding myself accountable again and get things moving. :)

Sorry if that was long-winded. xD
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

I'm Jenna. I started MFP at 180 lbs and I'm 5'6. I'm 26 years old. I am currently 160. I've been swaying between 155-160 for some time now. I'm hoping that this challenge can push me to finally make it to the 140's. I'd be happy with 149 :) My ultimate goal weight is 125. I am currently training for a half marathon and doing some other fun runs and obstacle courses along the way. I've already done some 5ks and a 10k. Good times.
  • ttruhol
    ttruhol Posts: 4,326 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Tina and I am very excited about starting this new challenge. I just stated using MFP over the last 2 weeks. I am pretty old compared to all of you, but I am up for the challenge. I am 5'2 and 142 lbs. I have been stuck here for quite a while (months), I have a very sedentary job which makes it hard to get a lot of exercise in. I work out with a trainer 30 mins 2-3 times per week and complete my own cardio. I recently completed a 5K fun foam fest but was not very successful with the running part. I had a major bunion surgery about 7 months ago and still have a pretty sore foot, but it does not stop me from working out! I wanted to start this challenge for motivation and support and to see how far I can push myself and be much more healthy. My goal is to lose 15 lbs, :) but I would take 20! Good Luck to all of you in your quest! I am looking forward to being more fit and Healthy by Halloween!! Lastly, this is probably a silly question, but I do I find friends on MFP?? I have a fitbit flex which I love and have a great support group there and I know that this will be a great support group for me as well, but when the challenge is finished I would like to be able to keep the motivation and support up! Thanks for you help! Talk to you soon! Looking forward to Friday!!
  • jess1jane
    jess1jane Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jessi! I'm heading into my sophomore year at college. I'm going for a bachelors in economics. Not sure what I'll do with that, but hopefully there's a job market for it. I gained the freshmen fifteen and this summer I have been trying to lose all of it. I joined MFP for the accountability. But it has proven to be much more effective in helping me keep track of caloric intake and exercise. The support has been amazing.
    I think my goal for this group will be to be more toned by Halloween. I'm still hoping to lose weight by the time school starts, so my goal will be to work out more. I'm pretty flabby compared to what I was in high school. Plus Halloween is a pretty big deal in college and I want to make an impression. So I'm excited for this and I hope we all do reach our goals!
  • anna_louise90
    anna_louise90 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Anna :) I put the weight on last year during my final undergraduate exams - don't have time to exercise, need to study! Whilst I got the exam results I wanted I hated my graduation photos so so much. Trying to lose about 15 lb, but I seem to be stuck at 149-151 for ages. I just tend to get fed up about the lack of results and then go 'stuff it!' and then regain everything. Currently at 151 again, and getting back to working out, and although deadline for this year's (PhD now) project is fast approaching, I am determined to keep working out!
  • Naririn
    Naririn Posts: 24
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Amber. I'll respond to that or just about any variation of my username. ^_^ I'm 27 and finished a graduate program in May. Grad school was.... not so kind to my diet/health, and I ended up gaining a lot of weight. So now in the process of taking it back off. I hope to become more fit in the process, as well!

I'm relatively new to MFP - just really buckled down and started watching what I'm eating/exercising more about two weeks ago. I'm still at the stage of being insanely motivated (almost to the point of obsession, lol), and I'm loving the results I've been seeing so far. Still working on making some changes to the diet, but I'm getting there slowly but surely.

As far as this challenge goes, I'd be happy with any results I could see! I'd love to drop 15 pounds before Halloween (that would put me at 182 (goal weight is 155, though that's subject to change). I'd also like to see myself progress on the fit test results (maybe I'll actually be able to do some push-ups by the time this challenge is over?!), as well as my overall fitness level.

Looking forward to all of this! Best of luck to you all in accomplishing your goals!
  • aschn620
    aschn620 Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi! I'm Angela. I'm 26 years old and I've been overweight my entire life and I really started trying to lose some weight last August. In the first few months I lost 25 pounds, then the holidays rolled around and some of it came back, then I lost it again and then I got stuck for several months and after trying everything I could think of I kind of gave up and in the past month or so I've pretty much gained everything back. I'm still slightly lighter than I was when I started out at 285 pounds. I'm excited for this challenge first of all because I did the best when I was part of something similar to this. I'm nervous about the fit tests, but I'm interested to see how I will improve.

I never REALLY cared about my weight before. Sure, I always felt like an outsider and I ended up missing out on a lot of things growing up, but I never really tried losing weight. Until my husband and I started trying to get pregnant and where unsuccessful after over a year of trying. After a late term miscarriage 4 years ago, I ended up putting on a lot more weight, I never weighed myself before I started trying to lose weight, but I'm sure I gained 50-75 pounds after that.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to what this challenge will have to offer me! :)
  • RingTailedFox
    RingTailedFox Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 25 year old grad student. I'm studying at University of Texas at Austin. I'm studying speech and language pathology with a focus on Deaf studies.

I've struggled with my weight my whole life. I lost 40 lbs over the last few years.you can check out my before and after here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1059638-size-12-to-size-0-with-ridiculous-photos

I got down to 108, but I've gone back up to 118ish depending on the day. Bear in mind that I a, 5'3". I'd definitely like to lose fat, gain muscle and be all around awesome. I want to be healthy.
  • aalicia88
    aalicia88 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Anna I'm 25 years old and 5'5. I recently joined mfp to lose the last of my weight. I started at 239lbs in January 2011 hit a lot of plateaus but I think I finally figured it out and have a good relationship with the food I eat these days. Now I'm at 155 and my goal is to drop 16 pounds by Halloween. I'm pretty sure 139 would be my ultimate goal weight but I'll just have to see if I like what I see in the mirror when I get there. I'm hoping that losing 5 pounds a month is a reasonable goal but well see! Good luck to everyone else!
  • misssixty60
    Options
    Hello all!

My name is Simone! I am super excited to get this weight off with all of you ladies!
    My story: I was a skinny kid all the way up until my Freshman/Sophomore year of
    college. I had a knee injury on my 18th bday that required surgery (volleyball) and I noticed
    that I gained a lot of weight over time from not moving. I am 25 now, have a degree AND 71 extra #'s to shed.
    I went to Weight Watchers Jan 2012 and lost 20#'s, but have gained it back over a course of 1 yr.
    My plan is to use the carb cycling method outlined in Chris Powell's choose to loose to get these #'s off.
    I am allowing myself 1 year because I think it's fair.

Stats: 5 ft 6in
    Weight: 220
    This challenges goal: 10 lbs
    Goal 150 by Aug 1st 2014.
    #'s lost so far: 4!
  • Dedicated_Macy
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm Macy!

I am :
    -22 yrs old
    -158.6 lbs (I've been this weight for yearrrrrrs I wanna reach my goal!!)
    -5'8"
    -pharmacy student.....I'm a STRESS EATER...and being in school stresses me out haha
    -former college volleyball player who is trying to get used to a world without scheduled practices!!

I have tried MFP before and seem to be motivated for about 4 weeks and then fall off the wagon and gain back the weight I lost. I set my goal for Halloween to reach my goal weight of 140 lbs and to wear a costume that is just a little more scandalous than I would wear right now!

Hopefully we can help each other out! I can't wait to get to know you and support you!!

Glad to see that there are people that know the stress of graduate school and a former volleyball player!! :) I think I'm going to like it here!
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Analisa I am 36 and sick of being fat. I am the mother of two amazing girls 10 and one that just turned 5. In my twenties at my highest weight I was closer than I would like to admit to 300 lbs. I managed to lose almost 150 lbs by 30. After baby #2 I had a harder time losing and then went back to school and sitting to study didn't help my weight. I would like to get back to feeling good. I had maintained my weight lose for several years. I would like to be a size 5 again. I am a size 13/14 I have about 50 to lose. I look forward to the group

I am 5'1"
    I am 203 and my goal for this challenge is 160
    my ultimate goal is 140.
  • simplyjia
    simplyjia Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey All! :smile: I'm Jia, I started MFP at 160 LBS and I'm 5'0", I am currently 146-147LBS (I keep bouncing around btwn 2 lbs). My highest weight was 166 LBS and my goal weight is roughly 125-130 LBS. I have been trying to get my fitness more and track and am currently working out with Insanity and I'm almost finished with my third week in the first month :bigsmile: Feeling proud lol. But my eating has to get more on track in I want to get the results I'm hoping for. I am losing inches but I think since I'm gaining muscle that my weight is slowly rising which is a little upsetting. So I've been focusing on using my measuring tape and not so much my scale as to not get discouraged. I'd hope to lose possibly 10 LBS in this challenge! Let's get hot by Halloween!!! :drinker:
  • hmhteacher
    hmhteacher Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I started watching what I ate last summer trying to loose a few pounds before our Disney trip. I started out at 216. Between then and May of 2013 I lost the same 20 or so pounds numerous times. I decided I couldn't stand being fat anymore and was watching my oldest daughter begin to struggle with her weight. So May 20th I started a 24 day challenge from AdvoCare and have been working out and logging on MFP ever since. I am at 174 right no and still have another 49 pounds to loose.

I just started the C25K program and love it. I'm going to do a 5k color run in September and the hot chocolate run in Columbus Ohio in November. The best thing is that my youngest daughter is going to run them with me! Very excited to finally be setting a good example for my girls ( ages 12 & 15).
  • sinisterspace
    sinisterspace Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey Future Halloween Hotties!!

Well, I'm about 7 weeks out from having my first (gorgeous) baby girl and I'm ready to at least start a little bit of working out before I go crazy trying to live with this new (temporary) body I have. I love staying home (ALL NEW TO ME!!) with my precious girl and I go to school full-time, so I really hope I have NO excuse in getting some kind of fitness in routinely. Of course I have a weight loss goal, but I'm not so much ready to put a timeframe on it seeing as I need to eat enough to breastfeed, etc, but in reality, I'd like to lose about 45 pounds within the next year. Doable? I'd sure hope so! As for this challenge I'm trying to be realistic and ambitious at the same time: 13 pounds in 13 weeks. To get me under 170 and one extra for good measure!
    Can't wait to make some new friends on here!

CW:181
    GW:135
    Hot by Halloween GW:168
  • rgugs13
    rgugs13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm joining a little late, but I need some goal to work towards and motivation to get there!

My name is Rachel. I'm 5'3" and currently 179 pounds. My long term goal is to get to 140 pounds, and then maybe 125, but I haven't been that weight since middle school, so I want to see how my body looks at 140 first. My goal for this challenge is to get my "spare tire" down from 41.5 inches to 35 inches, and my hips from 44 inches to under 40 inches!

I work in Alaska on commercial fishing boats as an observer (biologist) for the federal government. I eat whatever the boats feed me when I'm at sea, and usually have to eat out when I'm on land since I rarely have access to a kitchen. I have been on vacation for the last couple of months while there wasn't much work, but I am headed back next week. I should be getting back from Alaska just before Halloween, and I want to look good! 2 years ago I came back the day before Halloween with a bunch of extra weight, and felt so bad about it I didn't even go out! I'm taking protein powder with me and working hard to keep up with Focus T25! Hopefully these little changes help me control my weight and come out of this healthier! I can't keep doing this job if I keep gaining weight! It isn't worth the damage to my physical and mental health!

Thanks!

Rachel
  • rew05d
    rew05d Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! I am also a Rachel! I ordered the wrong size top for my costume so I definitely will need to lose around 10-12 lbs by the Halloween to fit in the smaller one! I have been stuck around the same weight (+/-3lbs) since early May. The craziness of my summer has kind of ruined my momentum. I am trying to figure out what's the reason for my strange fluctuations in my weight from day to day. My motivation to actively track every little calorie on here has gone from obsessive (last summer) to indifferent (right now). I love Halloween and this year's costume is my most ambitious yet! I am hoping we can all motivate each other to reach our goals and if nothing else makes some PROGRESS in the right direction. A loss is a loss... If I get down into the 150's, honestly, I would be pumped. I keep scrollin' everyone's posts on here and I gotta say, we are all super beautiful ladies... I can only imagine what we will look like by one of the most fun nights of the year!

My Stats:
    5'9"
    CW: 167 since 5/7/13 :(((((
    HbH GW: 155
    MFP GW: 150
    UG: 150 @ 19ish% BF
  • telepathe
    Options
    Hello!!

I just joined MFP after lurking around for quite some time... Well, I lost some nice pounds back last year but then - I don't know why - I stopped following my diet, went back to all the old habits, tried to recover the route but failed disastrously, went through a very emotionally stressful period (a doomed relationship, a bad breakup, lost some friends) and well, here I am, after regaining it all back! Bummer.

But well, I'm back on this, more determined than ever :wink: I'm back on low carb (the only way I can lose weight since I'm hyperinsulinaemic/insulin resistant), aiming for ketosis, just started Couch to 5k program, will crosstrain on my bike, etc. I've got a good battle plan.

I love Halloween and well, I hope this year's costume will be the most memorable yet :bigsmile:

20 yrs old
    5'3''/4''
    CW: 130 lbs
    Hot by Halloween GW: anything between 115 and 120!
  • Geekyfatgirl
    Geekyfatgirl Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I realized I never posted on here!

My name is Nita and I'm a 26 year old self proclaimed artist. I've spent most of my time behind a computer either drawing or playing video games. I've always been a "big" girl, being 5'8" since 6th grade and up. I'm pretty big boned and I say I'm built like a man. I feel very square compared to most women who are curvy and petite. When I was younger I played a lot of sports but I was still over weight and had asthma all the way until I was about 14 and grew out of it. I spend a lot of time drawing because I do like to escape stress by going into the little world in my head, hee hee! Some say I am a bit tomboyish, and they would be right.

I joined MFP with serious intent to lose weight. I was 239 lbs and lost 10 lbs by myself withput MFP. When I joined this I was 229 lbs. I lost roughly 65 lbs and started to yoyo from 173 to 179. I saw myself get back to 183 and felt terrible. Now I'm here to get to my ultimate goal of 155 and be much more toned. I am going to strive for 165 by Halloween, which will be hard but I can do it!