Whole 30 sept

ukgirly01
ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
I'll be starting whole 30 on the 1st of Sept, anyone want to join me?

Replies

• jca1956
    jca1956 Posts: 7 Member
    Yep, I'm in
    John
  • climberchic
    climberchic Posts: 83 Member
    I'm on Day 3 and super happy with it. Good luck!!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    I'm into my first W30, day 25; however, I will be continuing through September. :flowerforyou:
  • mslisatm
    mslisatm Posts: 154 Member
    Ill start too! Im doing another challenge that starts Sept 7 but it is a similar philosophy, yet the Whole 30 is a little more restrictive.
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    I really should . . .
  • feisma
    feisma Posts: 213 Member
    I am in...need to get back on track
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 913 Member
    I'm planning to start this Sunday!
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    shirtswiththumbholes Posts: 179 Member
    What exactly is Whole 30?
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Enjoy it! I just finished mine on Wednesday (made it a Whole37 in the end) and loved the process.
  • Michellelynn04
    Michellelynn04 Posts: 10 Member
    I'm new to this and I would love to join! I'm in!
  • aloha311
    aloha311 Posts: 118 Member
    I was just getting ready to ask this same question. :)
    What exactly is Whole 30?
  • aloha311
    aloha311 Posts: 118 Member
    What is the whole 30? I would love to join in as well. :)
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    I'll be starting my second round next Monday (8.30), so I can join you.
  • 3rdxacharm
    3rdxacharm Posts: 377 Member
    I am on day 22! Good luck!
  • emmerin78
    emmerin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Right there with you guys - we're "test running" it this week, but plan to officially get started with Whole30 on Sunday! Sounds like a good group :)
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    justaspoonfulofsugar Posts: 587 Member
    at the half way point today
    and for those of you who are asking what it is
    start here
    http://whole9life.com/start/
  • Juliste
    Juliste Posts: 298 Member
    Starting my second whole 30 today. I found it very helpful to read all comments/troubleshooting, etc. on the Whole 30 forum site.
    Good luck everyone.
  • melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    I'm in....tried it before and didn't last, but did make the switch to Paleo. I do pretty well, but need to kick the sugar.
  • sara_alexandra
    sara_alexandra Posts: 65 Member
    I'll be here for support too! I'm on Day 14 of my Whole 30, so I'll still be strict until Sept. 12th (or beyond :wink: )
  • WeoooBeans
    WeoooBeans Posts: 85 Member
    Sure! I need to get right :)
  • runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    I'm definately in. I'd already started to clean up things. It's the dairy/legumes I'll need to ditch, think I'll be okay on both fronts.

I hadn't realised that it was Sunday!! Coming up soon. I'll need to do a big shop/cooking session so I'm ready for it. Last time I tried it, it was a meal in work that I tripped on - it had peanuts. To be fair to me it was about 2 months before my wedding, I'd enough going on. But I'm ready for it now and have been making small changes in preparation.

Last time I tried it, I found not weighing myself a problem, but I think I'll be okay with it this time.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    I completed day 30 of my first Whole30 yesterday. I was eating quite strict Primal for a year before so the change wasn't that difficult for me. I lost almost twice as much weight in the last month than I was losing earlier in the year. I plan to just continue on; I see no need to add cream and cheese back into my diet at this point. :happy:
  • phylisrn
    phylisrn Posts: 11 Member
    What is the whole 30? I would love to join in as well. :)

http://whole9life.com/2012/08/the-whole30-program/
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 913 Member
    Hey everyone! I'm on day 6 and am feeling great. I'm nervous that I'll wake up tomorrow and be ravenous and want to eat everything imaginable - is this phase coming? I was eating pretty terribly before I started Whole30 and haven't had a hard time adjusting thus far, thankfully! How's everyone else feeling who has already started? And if you're starting 9/1, good luck!!
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    justaspoonfulofsugar Posts: 587 Member
    Hey everyone! I'm on day 6 and am feeling great. I'm nervous that I'll wake up tomorrow and be ravenous and want to eat everything imaginable - is this phase coming? I was eating pretty terribly before I started Whole30 and haven't had a hard time adjusting thus far, thankfully! How's everyone else feeling who has already started? And if you're starting 9/1, good luck!!
    here is a great article on what to expect day to day of your whole 30
    http://whole9life.com/2012/06/the-whole30-timeline/
  • WeoooBeans
    WeoooBeans Posts: 85 Member
    You guys ready to start this tomorrow?
  • YES! I'm in! I was just about to post this :D
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Day 1 complete, had chicken, cabbage, cauliflower and sweet potato for tea, with homemade stock/ gravy, whenever I do this it surprises me how easy/tasty it is, here's to another successful 29 days, what did you all have for dinner?
  • runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    I started yesterday! Dinner was slow cooked pork shoulder with lots and lots of veggies - turnip, carrots, parsnip, onion, leeks, etc..

Brekfast 1 organic slice of bacon/1 egg/1 courgett/2 carrots - all fried up together and was yummy.

I've left overs from dinner for lunch today.

Day - feels like this will be easy, and yes I know with preparation it is. It's the day that you forget (don't have time) to make lunch that is all gets difficult.

Best of luck everyone
  • blynnblair
    blynnblair Posts: 274 Member
    I started on 9/1/13 ! I've been paleo for a few months and this will just keep me in check, anyone on Instagram? I dont log my food because i've learned it stresses me out to much. I got tired of looking at food as numbers and not as fuel and I was OCD about it.... not healthy at all. Paleo has helped me regain a much better relationship with food, I LOVE it!

So far today I've had:
    Breakfast grassfed beef liver, caramelized onions and a duck egg with a homemade kombucha
    Lunch: Zoodles and pulled pork
    snack: coconut milk horchata gummies with great lakes gelatin
    Haven't decided on dinner yet :)