Whatcha drinkin'?

Options
40Marbles
40Marbles Posts: 188 Member
Right now, I'm enjoying a New Glarus Back 40 Bock.

:drinker:

YUMMMMM!

Replies

• crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I gave up beer for Lent. Stupidest thing I've ever done. Ever.
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Petrus Aged Pale Ale. nom.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Great Lakes Eliot Ness
  • 40Marbles
    Options
    MMMMMMMM!

Tonight it's New Glarus Winter Warmer

"Indulge in our heady scotch ale. This "Winter Warmer" is a celebration of roasted toffee notes wrapped in rich tawny tones and toasty palate. Two months in the making insures an incredible silky finish."

I think next week will be Huber Bock or Berghoff Dark.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I'm about to go to jujitsu training. When I get home I have a 16 oz bottle of homemade brew waiting, a porter, 8.5% ABV...hhmmmm...:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • 40Marbles
    Options
    Got a sampler pack.

New Glarus Back 40 Bock
    New Glarus Honey Bock
    New Glarus Coffee Stout

The Coffee Stout is fabulous!!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Florida Beer Co. Devil's Triangle IPA
  • esjaygee
    esjaygee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'll be having a Furthermore Full Thicket, their brand new double IPA at a release party and grand reopening of my favorite beer bar in Milwaukee (Burnhearts). Before I head there I'll enjoy a very tasty 3 Sheeps Ewephoria - a Chocolate Ginger Stout I had once before.
  • sweeter_than_C6H12O6
    Options
    Recently went on a trip to Omaha and stopped by the Nebraska Brewing company. I did the obligatory sampler so I can try everything but my favorite find was "Romancing The Cone" (as can be seen in my new avatar) a barrel aged West Coast inspired IPA.
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    it's PUMPKING time!

Had a mix of Southern Tier Pumpking and Southern Tier Java (also good with Guinness if there's no Java on tap). I think of all the pumpkin beers out there, Pumpking is my favorite!
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Right now I am on sort of a hard cider kick. Angry Orchard, Crispin, Hornsby...They are pretty refreshing, and even better if you use them as a chaser for fireball shots :drinker: :drinker:
  • 40Marbles
    Options
    Went to the Leinie Lodge yesterday. What a deal - they let you sample 5 beers and get you all happy so you buy goodies from the gift shop! Loved it!

Having a Big Eddy's Wee Heavy Scotch Ale right now. MMMMMMMMMMMMM
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    That's a tasty scotch ale, good choice! Tonight's selection will be the same as last night, Lake Placid Ubu Ale. Tasty stuff.
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    ENOUGH WITH THE NEW GLARUS BRAGGING, YOU JERK.

I had a Wynkoop Colorojo the other night - mega-malty Imperial Red. It was a little too much going on for me.
  • 40Marbles
    Options
    ENOUGH WITH THE NEW GLARUS BRAGGING, YOU JERK.

I had a Wynkoop Colorojo the other night - mega-malty Imperial Red. It was a little too much going on for me.

My my, New Glarus jealousy rears its ugly head - all caps no less.

Excuse me - but my last post was Leinenkugel bragging.
  • verymissk
    Options
    I hope you know I was just messin' around... I don't actually think you're a jerk. :cheers:

No doubt you're keenly aware of the inability for the rest of the world to get their hands on New Glarus - anyone who is not jealous is in denial. ;)

My current love affair is with Ska Hibernal Vinifera... an oak aged stout fermented with malbec grapes. It's not boozy like a lot of other aged stouts (there's a little hint of it, but nothing burning), and the grapes are there, but you can't quite pick them out and say, "that's a grape." One of the most complex beers I've had in a long time, and somehow really balanced and way too easy to drink.
  • 40Marbles
    Options
    No worries! I'm very lucky to be so close to a couple of great breweries.

That oak aged stout sounds fabulous!! So ready for fall so that the Oktoberfests and darker beers take the place of all the summer beers.

I was going to suggest a beer swap but just searched and saw that it is illegal to ship beer. Damn.
  • verymissk
    Options
    Well, it's against the law to ship beer via USPS, but if you send via FedEx, you're only breaking their company policy ... and technically, their policy states that they "will not knowingly ship alcohol" SOOOO take that for what it's worth.. ;)
  • TeamEdwardJenn
    TeamEdwardJenn Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm

Last beer i had was Old Gurdian and Old Speckled Hen ..
  • 40Marbles
    Options
    That's a tasty scotch ale, good choice! Tonight's selection will be the same as last night, Lake Placid Ubu Ale. Tasty stuff.

Hey - not to get too off-topic, but is that a Newf in your ticker pic?