Introducing ourselves! :)

Options
Hey guys! Lovely to be a part of this group, my names Mikayla and I am seventeen, 5"5, and my current weight is 111 kilograms. My goal is to be 100 by November 1st, so all up that will be I believe 24 pounds, so until then I'm definately going to be pushing myself a lot harder, tomorrow I have a full day booked at the gym just pure workout and discovering what routines are best for me etc etc.

What about you guys? Who are you and what are your goals?

Replies

• zombiedad_wdm
    Options
    A full day at the gym. That sounds like a lot of fun. You will have to let us know what routines you choose. If I had the choice I would swim an hour a day.

After I joined this group I remembered I have a wedding I am in on Nov. 2nd. So I have a lot of motivation.
  • Itbeginswithyourself
    Itbeginswithyourself Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Cant wait, I would love to lose 20 by November 1, 2013. I will be right there with you guys. My name is Shantel, I have lost 25 so far, and would love to lose another 55, but will be happy to start with another 20 what a great challenge.
  • missbutton82
    missbutton82 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Maggie :) Currently I'm at 184 and would love to lose 20 pounds by the start of November. Ultimately I would like to lose 50 but hey.. we all have to start somewhere! Feel free to add me! I'm still getting familiar with the website layout.
  • GiainJersey
    Options
    Ciao I'm Gia; I joined MFP a few years back but never took advantage of the support or topics on here. Starting to reevaluate my priorities in life and logged back on yesterday. November is my birthday month so why not give myself the BEST birthday present ever! I'm on board:happy:
  • cbera
    cbera Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is Berali and I just started using this site again two days ago. I am currently 270lbs, and on a journey to better health. I would love to lose 20 lbs by Nov, since I will be turning 26. I would love to make new friends for motivation and I would love to motivate you as well. To a better tomorrow and a healthier us :-).
  • sashalav
    sashalav Posts: 11
    Options
    Hello. I am in "this" for about 2 months and over the half way to my 200lbs goal. I have steady and maintainable daily routine and 20 more lbs in two months sounds very reasonable. Good luck all.
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I am excited to be in this group! After a couple of stalled weeks, I know I have to change things up a bit. I have mini goals to lose 11# by 9/23 (girls weekend away!) and 21# by 10/27, so this is perfect for me! I joined MFP in April and have been losing about 2#/week pretty consistently just by logging my food. I'm a vegetarian and I have always eaten pretty healthy food, but now I understand more about portion control and it's been a relatively painless process for me. I try to swim 5 or 6 days a week for 30-45 minutes & on the weekends my husband & I like to hike. I was planning to join a gym when my kids go back to school on Sept 9th so I could do some aerobics classes & maybe try some machines, but I ended up joining last month to use their pool & swim laps. I like swimming because it burns lots of calories & I don't feel like I'm sweating! I have a lot more weight to lose and I know there will be bumps along the way, but I am very motivated to meet my goal weight! Best of luck to everyone in losing 20# by Nov 1st!
  • joaniej75
    joaniej75 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    ths is perfect for me---I want to lose a total of 30 pounds but I'll definately take 20. My kids start back to school Monday so I am hoping to get a little exercising done on my lunch break.....My nights will be busy with hopework and all the household duties, but I plan to take 30 minutes ever nite to exercise. If I dont start now I never will....
  • angelb67
    angelb67 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am new to the site (so not sure why it says I joined May 2012???), but I need and want to lose 20lb by Nov 1st. I am 46 and 5'5" and very overweight. I don't believe it will be a walk in the park, But is completely do-able. So lets drop the 20 together
  • ColtChan
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Chaney and I have 3 amazing kids... 2 of which I had within the past 2 yrs. My youngest is 8 weeks old so I am very ready to drop this extra weight. 20 lbs is a mini goal of mine and if I can do it in general I will be happy :) I've been using my app on my phone for a while now and I would love to have some friends to help push me and give me some motovation to actually get healthy for my family!
  • Hello everyone! My name is Priscilla as you know as the moderator and WOW! i am excited for this! You all seem pumped and excited and I know you will do well! C: Remember that you will have to push yourself! It will be hard sometimes and you might want to cry or just feel tired, but push through it! C:
  • fishandcamp
    fishandcamp Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My name is Tammy and I struggle with aching feet and bursitis in my hip due to extra weight. I will start back teaching next week and I need to get losing weight. I have started seeing a nutritionist and trying hard to eat right. I would welcome support..
  • CaitlinM77
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I've just joined MFP as well. I've got a fair bit more to lose than 20 pounds (58 to go--but I started with 75 to lose, so I've made some progress.)

Hoping to use this group to keep motivated and keep myself accountable.
  • tonikk
    tonikk Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Nicolle I'm a stay at home mom of 4 and currently weigh 171
    I am excited to join this group. I would be very happy with a 30 pound weight loss by November but will diffidently take 20 pounds. I have a $$ bet with a couple of my sister-in laws for most weight lost by Christmas Eve and really want to lose 40 pounds by then so this challenge will be great. I'm currently doing a boot camp style exercise class that I reall like. So thanks and this will be fun.
  • mecq77
    mecq77 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm Monica and I am at my heaviest weight in my life. So it would be great to loose 20lbs by
    This November.(my bday month). I really would appreciate the support. Add me mecq77.
  • awarrendoit
    Options
    Hi, I'm Amber!

I'm excited for this challenge. Im a Western Washington University student working on my degree in elementary and special education. I have always struggled with my weight (up and down). Lately life has been extra stressful and I'm also dealing with thyroid issues so that has definitely made some weight come on.

I just started swimming laps today and I plan on a swimming/yoga routine. Ideally I want to work out everyday. It's just a really nice stress reducer for me, but I'm being flexible with myself and saying its okay to do 5 days a week if that's all I can fit in. But secretly I'm pushing for 7 days a week. We will see how it goes.

Lets do this!

Add me! Awarrendoit

49076044.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • SimplyMeLucia
    SimplyMeLucia Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Lucia I have 100 pounds to lose these 20lbs are a great start !
  • trn733
    trn733 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi. My name is Ali and I am in the UK. I will be happy to lose any weight, so 20lbs will be amazing. My exercise life is quite a lonely one, and so I quickly lose my motivation. I have thought about joining a gym, so that might be my next step, but i thought I could start with something like MFP to get me in the mind set of working out regularly.

Look forward to giving and receiving support within this group. Feel free to add me as i am new to the site, and I haven't worked out how to add people yet.
  • sniegparslina
    sniegparslina Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey :)
    My name ir Madara, i'm 17 (well, almost 18) and my current weight is 76 kilos - so my goal would be 67! Well, my ultimate goal, of course, is lower, 55-60 kilos, but this one seems great too! Sadly for me after several days I'll start studying at the university, working and doing many many other things, so I'll have really almost no time for gym, but I'll try finding some time and, of course, eating better!
    Also, when I have my bad days, they are really bad and with a loooot of terrifying calories.
    But still.
    9 kilos till the 1st of November.
    Btw, November is also the time I adore, so, that is a great goal - to become thinner, fitter and happier till it :)
  • Nathanielisback
    Options
    Hello

Joined this group today as I am looking for my first "return" to MFP Challenge.

Starting uni in september and have a goal for that, but will up the anti by loseing more for Nov 1st.