Introduction

Options
atlcajun
atlcajun Posts: 23 Member
Hi Everyone, I am new to MFP( just joined this week) and thought I could use a challenge and moral support from people going through the same thing as me. I have struggled with my weight the last 10 years and since I will be 50 in January would love to be FIT and FABLOUS!! I joined WW a few years back and lost 32 lbs and was never able to lose more so I after 1 1/2 years I gave up..besides I lost my job then and could not afford the meetings. I have started exercising 4-5 times a week. I do water aerobics 2 x a week and Zumba on Saturday. I also walk on my treadmill 2x a week. Since the beginning of August I have started to change my eating and exercising habits only to have the scale move upwards instead of downwards. But today when I got on the scale, it was down 3 lbs. Think being accountable for what I eat will help. I also have a wedding to go to on Nov. 9th and would like to look better. I hate taking pictures as I look like I am 12 months pregnant. Being short, I carry my weight in my stomach and legs.

Replies

• So glad you joined the group! Eating CLEAN in a very important part of wanting to lose weight. Just keep pushing yourself and never give up! you have this whole group behind you to push you! You can do it, but you have to believe in yourself! Keep working hard and keep up the great work!

-Priscilla!
  • CaitlinM77
    Options
    Hi! I've just joined MFP as well. Well, I've had an account for a while but never used it.

Since the beginning of this year, I've lost 17 pounds. Got down to 20 pounds lost, but bounced back up. I'm hoping to maintain motivation this time.

Good to meet you! I've got a bit more to lose than 20 pounds, but giving myself an achievable goal is key!
  • atlcajun
    atlcajun Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. I am like you with more than 20 pounds to lose but breaking down my goals into smaller ones. I even break down my goals into smaller ones like 5 or 10 lbs. I know it is a mind game but anything to keep me motivated.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Am I allowed to be in this group if I don't eat clean? (not completely sure what that is, is it like eating raw?)

14877786.png
  • bincorvati
    Options
    Clean eating - typically unprocessed food, preferably organic, with none of the bad stuff, like soda and sugar. Aim for progress, not perfection!:smile: